Here at Menuism HQ, we couldn’t be more excited about the recent arrival of summer! Though the month of June has come and gone, we can still look forward to plenty of delectable food expert articles for the month of July. Let’s end the month with a proper send-off and revisit all of the highlights from June:
- Food and Wine Pairing Fundamentals—Guest blogger Madeline Puckette introduces us to the six basic flavor fundamentals behind food and wine pairings
- A Guide to Opened Wine—Wine expert Etty Lewensztain gives us the scoop on how to handle opened wine
- The Perfect Pour—Etty demonstrates how to pour wine like a pro
- 8 Great Non-Beef Burgers—Burger expert Mr. Lew offers a wide range of non-beef burger ideas
- Conflict Kitchen Serves Up Street Food With a Side of Political Discourse—In our editor Kim Kohatsu’s Q&A with Conflict Kitchen, find out how one Pittsburgh eatery is educating their patrons about countries with which the U.S. is in conflict
- Local Seafood, And What That Really Means—Guest blogger Kim Thompson discusses the health and environmental benefits of eating local seafood
- Interview: Gilda Valdez Carbonaro and Gilda Claudine Karasik of Dos Gildas—Kim’s Q&A with the co-authors of Dos Gildas reveals the history behind the blog, their outlook on food, and more
- Foolish Food Crimes Edition—A customer drives his truck into a Taco Bell window, a man faces prison for a harmless fishing prank, a new laser shows doctors how well you eat, and a waiter receives a $5,000 tip.
- The “Dining in Style” Edition—diners eat gourmet food while suspended in the sky, Obama attracts business to small eateries, and perception-altering goggles trick people into eating smaller portions.
- Father’s Day Edition—Father’s Day survey projects an increase in spending, President Obama celebrates Father’s Day with four other dads, and researchers study the relationship between sleep deprivation and unhealthy food cravings.
- Summer Solstice Edition—Eating a daily breakfast proves to have major health benefits, McDonald’s ranks last place for customer satisfaction, and a chef undergoes an investigation for allegedly serving ecstasy-laced pudding to toddlers.
- The Gluttonous Edition—an artist explores the food industry’s wastefulness, the biggest-ever McDonald’s is built for the Olympics, Austrian police bust a garlic heist, and California’s foie gras ban looms closer
- June is National Seafood Month—Community Manager Marisa Miyasaki explores the ultimate seafood lover’s holiday