412-471-1902

24 Market Sq ( )

Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1812

Neighborhoods: Downtown

Description: 1902 Landmark Tavern is a Seafood, Steak, and Beer restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Market Square, Downtown Pitssburgh, Seafood, Steak, Stuffed Steaks, Tavern, Beer, Delivery, Italian, and Steakhouse
  • 1 dish entered by diners at 1902 Landmark Tavern
  • 4 users want to eat at 1902 Landmark Tavern
  • 1 user loves 1902 Landmark Tavern
Tips:
  • Six-ounce Black Angus hamburgers are popular, served with homemade fries topped with beer cheese sauce.
  • It gets busy with business people for lunch, and couples and groups for dinner.
  • 1902's a great meeting place for drinks, raw bar specialties and appetizers.

Reviews for 1902 Landmark Tavern

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by Riz

Incredible Food in a Tavern Style Atmosphere

We kind of happened on to this restaurant by chance when my parents and I were checking out Pittsburgh for the first time. A lot of the places were booked and so we just kept walking until we got a bit lost and came upon this little treasure. While it was fairly busy, we didn’t have to wait too long before getting a table of our own and the wait was well worth it.

The restaurant is very long and narrow, with a bar covering about half of one of the walls. It definitely has a relaxed atmosphere, though that made my whole family feel more than comfortable though it was quiet enough to hear everyone without raising our voices at all.

The food here was so fantastic that when my parents came back to Pittsburgh to help me move they both insisted on going back to the same restaurant instead of trying some place new. It’s also someplace I take anyone who wants to spend a bit more for a nicer meal as entrees are $20-30 dollars.

While I went with the crab and chicken, there were many other amazing choices to include from including fantastic sounding pastas and stuffed fillets (I’ve been meaning to try the one stuffed with spinach, mushroom and feta). There’s also plenty of seafood choices as well as ribs, etc. Definitely something to interest everyone in your party.

For the complete menu you can check out:

Chicken & Crab

In our family once the meals arrive we always seem to label the best one by saying that they “chose wisely” and at 1902 tavern, this entree was definitely the wise choice. Definitely deserving it’s label of house specialty, this dish features crab meat and spinach rolled in chicken breast and topped with a light (and amazing) lobster sauce. The crab is cooked to perfection, light and buttery. It really seems to just melt into your taste buds with utter delight.

After you try this dish here, you’ll be back and you’ll find it incredibly difficult to try anything else.

2.0

Not very accomodating for food allergies.

After another restaurant “lost” our New Year’s Eve reservation, my date and I set off in search of another restaurant that might be able to accomodate us. This was during Pittsburgh’s “First Night” celebration, so the pickings were pretty slim and the crowds were outrageous. We were lucky to find a table at 1902, only to find that because of the holiday, they were serving a VERY limited menu. Well, that was understandable, and all good and fine until we SAW the very limited menu. Every single item was seafood of some sort. I am wickedly allergic to most types of seafood and will not eat any other kinds because I do not want to risk the allergic reaction. We explained this to our server and asked if there was any way possible they could substitute chicken for shrimp in one of the dishes. We were told very emphatically there would be NO SUBSTITUTIONS. We then asked if the shrimp could be omitted from the cooking. We were told, again, very emphatically, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Since it was very late and I needed to eat SOMETHING or risk getting a migraine and ending my date in the emergency room, I ended up with a very small house salad and crackers, while my date was able to have one of the seafood dishes.

My date claimed his dinner was “out of this world”. My cold salad, on a cold winter night, was far from satisfying, and I was a bit upset and concerned that a restaurant would not do anything to accomodate someone’s food allergy situation. Some food allergies can have very serious, if not deadly, consequences!!! Since this experience told me I cannot trust this establishment to prepare a dish that will not make me sick, I have not been back since, nor do I recommend it to anyone. I would feel simply awful if I recommended 1902 to someone and they had the same experience I did.

PS — and the restaurant that lost our reservation? It has since closed…

September 8, 2009

1902 Tavern is a great place for lunch

I always enjoy going to 1902 for lunch. The burgers and salads are great...as are the outdoor tables to enjoy the summer weather. However, don't go here if you're in a rush. The service is friendly, but definitely slow.

1902 Landmark Tavern is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Landmark Tavern Pittsburgh, Landmark 1902 Tavern Pittsburgh, Landmark Restaurant Pittsburgh Pa, 1902 Tavern, 1902 Tavern Menu, 1902 Restaurant, Pittsburgh, Pa, 1902 Restaurant Pittsburgh, 1902 Landmark Tavern, and 1902 Landmark Tavern Pittsburgh.

Featured in Pittsburgh

Loves 1902 Landmark Tavern (1)

Dvsibo1ewr3ymhaby-mumt