262-641-5600

17800 W Bluemound Rd ( )

Brookfield, WI 53045

Description: 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, Wood Fired Grill, and Farm to Table
  • 11 dishes entered by diners at 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill
  • 1 user wants to eat at 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill
  • 1 user loves 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill

Reviews for 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill

4.0

Really good food and great service

I was told this location had really great food and it certainly lived up to its reputation. They have stripped almost all the sports memorabilia from these location so its just a good restaurant with really good food and good service. Waitress had no problem splitting the check even for this really large group.

Housemade Cheddar & Gouda Tater Tots

Oh my God good! Unbelievable! I will come here again just for the tater tots.

Braised Short Rib

Oh yum! Tender, juicy, fall apart – no need for a knife with these ribs.

Add/Show Comments (1)

4.0

Excellent Cuisine

The pictures of rural Wisconsin on the background of red walls, were an attractive setting.
Server was attentive and very helpful with menu selections.
While I enjoyed the entree, the Sangria was poorly put together..

Pan roasted crystal valley chicked breast

The chicken itself was top gourmet quality and was roasted to perfection. Served on a bed of creamed leaks, flavored with maple syrup and mustard , walnut crumbs with a square of delicious cornbread.
The bread was also great.

3.0

Football, Packers, Good Food Worth Trying New Restaurant

Open since May, this restaurant was given its name from Braun and Rodgers numbers. Since opening, according to the reservations host it has been extemely busy — as evident for the Thursday night we had dinner.

The atmosphere is sports themed as yoou would imagine with big screen tv’s and very loud. The menu is definitely a step above bar food.

The food overall was good – not fantastic – and pricey.

They still have a lot of “kinks to work out in their service”.

Housemade Pasta Of The Day

The pasta dish good. The pasta was home made, sauce was spicy with just enough heat. Mushrooms were meaty. I added shrimp for an extra cost.

I did try an appetizer --- shrimp and grits. I was really surprised how good the grits were.

My dinner was generous with enough left over for lunch the next day.

3.0

If you can overlook the crappy attitude, check it out!

First off, let me make it clear that our server Abby B was fantastic! Knowledgeable, accommodating, friendly and sincere, she handled our party of nine extremely well.

But all the bad stuff started before we even walked in the door… before the restaurant even had their grand opening, to be exact. In May, I heard about the Rodgers/Braun MVP concept and even though it was the SURG Group (which I have never been impressed with), I was curious.

• May 12th. Sent an email to the 8-twelve email address provided on the website, expressing interest and requesting a reservation. No response.
• May 19th. Emailed the SURG Restaurant Group expressing interest in 8-twelve and requesting a reservation. No response.
• July 29th. Coincidentally, a friend of mine tried to make a reservation for a group and was flat-out told they do not accept parties larger than seven. Period.
• August 12th. Still no response and by now, the restaurant has opened. Sent a last-ditch-effort email to 8-twelve and heard back immediately. Eric apologized for the lack of response and blamed “glitches” in their email system.
• August 13th. Event Coordinator Miguel advised Room 8 would accommodate up to 20 people with a minimum spend of $1000. Since the average entree price (yes, I did the math) is $24.68, a $50 per person minimum spend seemed exorbitant. He emailed the contract for me to sign and said he would provide a limited menu for our group after coordinating with the chef. Waited for the menu.
• August 15th. Still waiting for the menu. Miguel told me to hurry up and send him the signed contract. Told him I can’t until I have a menu.
• August 20th. Still hadn’t received a final menu. Gave up and called the house phone and made a reservation for eight. No problem!

On August 30th, we met for dinner. One of the attendees arrived with a guest so now we were a party of nine. I immediately advised the Host station and Hannah said it would be no problem.

While we waited at the bar, one of the women in our group asked a Manager-appearing-type what the deal is with group reservations, as she was possibly interested in having a family outing here. We told him all the different obstacles we had run into… parties of 7+ are not allowed; no wait, a party of eight is allowed; no wait, group of 8+ must be in the party room with $1000 minimum spend; if we don’t meet the minimum spend, the difference will be charged to our bill; etc etc. Well, the guy sure did talk a lot but didn’t really say anything… he skirted around the issue, talked about how they were still newly opened (63 days old), talked about how overwhelmed they were, how slammed they’ve been, it depends on weekday vs weeknight, etc etc. Our basic takeaway was “Don’t bring your group here,” because the guy must have used the word overwhelmed about five times.

When our party was complete, everyone had arrived and we were seated, the table was still set for eight. I reminded the Host that we were nine and she said she would take care of it. About 10 minutes later, another Manager-looking-type approached our table, huffing and puffing and obviously put-out. He looked down at us and disdainfully advised us, “Your reservation was for eight but I have just checked our books for tonight and I suppose we are able to accommodate you.” He rolled his eyes and stalked off, leaving the FOH staff surrounding us to apologize and hurriedly rearrange our tables.

After that (thanks to our most excellent server Abby B), everything was pleasant! Overall, the food was good (but not outstanding), the ambiance was relaxed, the decor was rustic elegance, the bar was lively and had great specials. Will I go back? Undecided. Someone sure thinks very highly of their food… it’s priced higher than it merits. I don’t think there was a single item that I thought was a good value for its worth.

Housemade Cheddar & Gouda Tater Tots

Good flavor but mushy.

Shrimp N’ Grits

I thought this was a great dish although a bit on the rich side and the grits seemed a little off. The woman seated next to me confirmed… the texture was due to the grits being overdone. She’s from the south and agreed… good dish, just not true, southern shrimp & grits.

Chilled Watermelon Gazpacho

Like the idea but surprisingly bland.

Wood Grilled Stone Ground Polenta

Wow! Get this!

Wood Grilled Pastrami Spiced Pork Chop

Mustard, check. Pork chop, check. Very excellent red cabbage, check! I had never had spaetzle before but the woman next to me swiped a forkful and said they were very good… tender and not dry as they can sometimes be. The pork was perfectly cooked (still a hint of pink), nice and moist. But M.I.A. were the garden herbs, gruyere cheese, pastrami and “spiced” description.

8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill is located near the cities of Elm Grove, Butler, Vernon, Wauwatosa, and West Allis.
People found this by searching for: 8 Twelve Restaurant, 8 Twelve Mvp Bar & Grill, 8 Twelve Mvp Bar And Grill, 8twelve Brookfield Wi, Wood Fire Grill Replace 8 12 Restaurant In Brookfield Wis?, Eight Twelve Restaurant, and 8twelve Reviews.

Loves 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill (1)

THOMAS0089

Chicago, IL
0 useful

Wants to Try 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill (1)

At6h7-kigr4pkieje5enyr
Tigercobra

Mequon, WI

Link to 8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill

8-twelve MVP Bar and Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  75%