801 Steak & Chop House

Neighborhoods: Downtown Des Moines
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Seafood, American

801 Steak & Chop House is a Steakhouse, Seafood, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Very nice staff. The worst steak I have ever eaten. I ordered it medium. They brought it a little under rare. Sent it back when it came out, still under cooked with the worst flavor. Eat something different then the filet. "
Cons
"Steak flavor"
sccrbaseb photo

sccrbaseb

Des Moines, IA

Decent Food

The food was okay but I thought that it was a bit expensive. We had a reservation for the restaurant and I would suggest that if you are interested to do the same thing. I did notice that the restaurant does rent its building out for parties, and this is why I suggest making a reservation. The service was not bad, although we did have to hunt down our waiter a few times.

Lobster and Shrimp Liguine

The lobster was cooked perfectly but the shrimp was a bit on the rubbery side. They didn’t taste like fresh shrimp either.

Steakhouse Expensive Seafood

801 Steak & Chop House  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/24/2013 - A diner from Des Moines, IA tried it.
  • 12/31/2013 - A diner from Des Moines, IA tried it and liked it.
  • 03/08/2014 - A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it.
  • 02/16/2015 - A diner tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Very nice staff. The worst steak I have ever eaten. I ordered it medium. They brought it a little under rare. Sent it back when it came out, still under cooked with the worst flavor. Eat something different then the filet. '
    Cons: 'Steak flavor'
  • 07/24/2015 - A diner from Fairmont, MN tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.
People found this by searching for: 801 Steak And Chop House Menu, 801 Steak And Chop, 801 Grand Restaurant, 801 Chop House Menu, 801 Steak And Chop Des Moines, 801 Grand Restaurant Menu, and 801 Grand Steak And Chop House.