3.0 rating over 1 review

603-792-9770

915 Elm St ( )

Manchester, NH 03101

Description: A Caribbean Affair is a Caribbean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Caribbean, Good For Kids, and Takeout
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at A Caribbean Affair

Reviews for A Caribbean Affair

3.0

A Caribbean Affair

This is a small restaurant on Elm Street that advertises “authentic island cuisine”. They have an extensive juice list which you can get with or without alcohol. We were allowed to sample several of the juices before ordering as we were not familiar with any of them. This was great! We were very happy with our juice selections after tasting them first. For appetizer we had the caribbean sampler which contained two each of chicken wings, falafel, patties, bara and pholouri. We are not familiar with this kind of food. The chicken wings were delicious with a sweet sauce. One of the appetizers, which we believe were the patties, we both found to contain an ingredient that was so spicy we couldn’t finish them. The chick pea dishes were ok, somewhat bland in comparison. The main dishes were a bargain as they came with two sides and we were also able to select a free dessert with them. My friend had the BBQ ribs which she liked. They were well cooked with the meat falling off the bone. She did not like the sides she selected which were the macaroni pie and the fried dumpling. I had pelau after hearing it was a kind of stir fry with meat, rice and vegetables. I thought this was good as well as the two sides I chose, sweet potatoes and macaroni pie. My friend chose the sponge cake for dessert, which she did not like. I liked it very much, however. It was very moist unlike the typical sponge cake we are used to. She bought a slice of rum cake which she also did not like, but I thought was fine. I selected the walnut brownie for my free dessert, and it was very good also.

The restaurant is seat yourself. The table we chose was cleared of dishes but had crumbs on it when we sat down. The service was a bit slow considering it was not a busy night.

I liked this restaurant more than my friend, but I can’t say that I would hurry back.

BBQ Ribs