Abacus

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA
Abacus 3.0

So I really wanted to try this place since...

So I really wanted to try this place since I’ve heard so many amazing things. And they just recently re-opened with new decor and new menu. Unfortunately, I was not impressed at all.

We started with 2 appetizers. The famous lobster shooters which were fried lobster dumplings in a thai like sauce. The sauce was very strong that you couldn’t really taste any lobster in the fried dumpling. The second appetizer was the kobe beef carpaccio which was very flavorful. I would go back and get this dish.

For entrees, we all ordered meat dishes which may have been the wrong choice but they seemed to have flavors that we preferred. I selected the buffalo tenderloin served with a truffle mashed potatoes. The meat quality was outstanding, but it was overly salted and I usually like my foods on the saltier side. Actually all the meat dishes were overly salted. Maybe it was a bad day. The potatoes were tasty at first…very truffle-y, but after the first several bites I was tired of it for some reason.

The dessert was a collection of various things. We went with the custard sampler which contained chocolate caramel creme brulee, coconut panna cotta granita, cheesecake, and blueberry bread pudding. They were all tasty, but nothing I would crave and go back for.

The service was nice and the waiter was helpful in narrowing down our choices. And the atmosphere was somewhat relaxing, but it is still very dallas pretentious!

Overall, for the price I don’t think I would go back but at least I can now say I’ve tried it.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA
Abacus 5.0

Amazing! Abacus was the highlight of our trip to Dallas.

Amazing! Abacus was the highlight of our trip to Dallas.

We went with a group and were seated in an intimate yet spacious rounded booth. The restaurant was packed but the atmosphere remained warm and inviting, almost cozy.

Our server immediately appeared and engaged us in lighthearted conversation while our host chose the first wine of the evening. She went over the highlights of the extensive menu and was also very knowledgeable of the wine list.

We all enjoyed our dinners immensely, loving the fresh ingredients and artful and inspired flavor combinations and plate arrangements. We didn’t save room for dessert but that didn’t stop us – we all ended up splitting several different desserts and there wasn’t a bad one in the bunch.

We’re not in Dallas often, but I’ll definitely hit Abacus the next time I’m in town.

American Delivery Asian

From OpenTable:

Located in the Knox-Henderson area of Dallas, Iron Chef America Winner Chef Rathbun's cuisine will not disappoint. Don't miss our signature dish Lobster Shooters. You will also find prime beef, fresh fish flown in daily and much more on the ever changing, innovative menu. Monday through Thursday you can order the 6 or 9 course Chef's Tasting Menu, which can also be paired with wines from our award wining wine list.

For parties of 8 to 11, you can dine at the Chef's Table. Come early and enjoy The Bar at Abacus. We also offer Kent Rathbun Elements, a line of scratch products for the home chef. See you soon!

Owner? Claim The Menu

Abacus  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/18/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 04/25/2015 - A diner tried it.
Abacus is located near the cities of Northeast, Oak Cliff, Northeast Dallas White Rock, Cockrell Hill, and Minneapolis.
People found this by searching for: Abacus Menu, Dallas, Tx, Abacus Restaurant Menu Dallas, Dallas Abacus Menu, Ativ Lawn Abcuse, Ativ Lown Abcuse, Abacus Menu Dallas, Abacus Menu, and Abacus Dallas Menu.