Abacus

AliceC photo

AliceC

San Francisco, CA
Abacus 3.0

So I really wanted to try this place since...

So I really wanted to try this place since I’ve heard so many amazing things. And they just recently re-opened with new decor and new menu. Unfortunately, I was not impressed at all.

We started with 2 appetizers. The famous lobster shooters which were fried lobster dumplings in a thai like sauce. The sauce was very strong that you couldn’t really taste any lobster in the fried dumpling. The second appetizer was the kobe beef carpaccio which was very flavorful. I would go back and get this dish.

For entrees, we all ordered meat dishes which may have been the wrong choice but they seemed to have flavors that we preferred. I selected the buffalo tenderloin served with a truffle mashed potatoes. The meat quality was outstanding, but it was overly salted and I usually like my foods on the saltier side. Actually all the meat dishes were overly salted. Maybe it was a bad day. The potatoes were tasty at first…very truffle-y, but after the first several bites I was tired of it for some reason.

The dessert was a collection of various things. We went with the custard sampler which contained chocolate caramel creme brulee, coconut panna cotta granita, cheesecake, and blueberry bread pudding. They were all tasty, but nothing I would crave and go back for.

The service was nice and the waiter was helpful in narrowing down our choices. And the atmosphere was somewhat relaxing, but it is still very dallas pretentious!

Overall, for the price I don’t think I would go back but at least I can now say I’ve tried it.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA
Abacus 5.0

Amazing! Abacus was the highlight of our trip to Dallas.

Amazing! Abacus was the highlight of our trip to Dallas.

We went with a group and were seated in an intimate yet spacious rounded booth. The restaurant was packed but the atmosphere remained warm and inviting, almost cozy.

Our server immediately appeared and engaged us in lighthearted conversation while our host chose the first wine of the evening. She went over the highlights of the extensive menu and was also very knowledgeable of the wine list.

We all enjoyed our dinners immensely, loving the fresh ingredients and artful and inspired flavor combinations and plate arrangements. We didn’t save room for dessert but that didn’t stop us – we all ended up splitting several different desserts and there wasn’t a bad one in the bunch.

We’re not in Dallas often, but I’ll definitely hit Abacus the next time I’m in town.

Abacus 1.0
February 5, 2012

WARNING!

WARNING!!!! Be very cautious shopping and dining in Knox Village. They have a TOWING SCAM going in the area. A spotter sits in his car in the area and watches for naive shoppers who park in parking areas that are not clearly marked. …
May 30, 2011

perfect place

The service was perfect, the food was amazing, the place and the decor is beautiful and i would definitely will go there again and again. Please remember if you want to have a nice surprise from you husband please mention that this is a…
October 4, 2010

Abacus?Tasteful Art That You Can Sink Your Teeth Into!

We love the design of this place.. and the design of everything they present. Tastes so so SO good! This is one of the most respected and best downtown restaurants in Dallas P-E-R-I-O-D. My friends esteem all people who work here. Is it…

American Delivery Asian
Tips
  • Sign up for an informative, exquisite wine-tasting dinner.
  • Learn to cook with Abacus' famous Dirty Dozen Cooking Class.
  • The Abacus kitchen reigns supreme with Chef Kent Rathbun's Iron Chef victory over celebrity Chef Bobby Flay.
  • The eight- to 12-person chef's table can enjoy a nine-course tasting menu for $70 each, or $95 with wine.

From OpenTable:

Located in the Knox-Henderson area of Dallas, Iron Chef America Winner Chef Rathbun's cuisine will not disappoint. Don't miss our signature dish Lobster Shooters. You will also find prime beef, fresh fish flown in daily and much more on the ever changing, innovative menu. Monday through Thursday you can order the 6 or 9 course Chef's Tasting Menu, which can also be paired with wines from our award wining wine list.

For parties of 8 to 11, you can dine at the Chef's Table. Come early and enjoy The Bar at Abacus. We also offer Kent Rathbun Elements, a line of scratch products for the home chef. See you soon!

Owner? Claim The Menu

Abacus  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/18/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 04/25/2015 - A diner tried it.
Abacus is located near the cities of Northeast, Oak Cliff, Northeast Dallas White Rock, Cockrell Hill, and Minneapolis.
People found this by searching for: Dallas Abacus Menu, Abacus Menu, Ativ Lown Abcuse, Abacus Dallas Menu, Abacus Restaurant Menu Dallas, Abacus Menu Dallas, Ativ Lawn Abcuse, and Abacus Menu, Dallas, Tx.