Ad Hoc

Cuisine: American, Casual dining, Indian

yukaEIC photo

yukaEIC

Great brunch by the nads of Thomas Keller

This review is for their Sunday brunch. I have to say this was the best brunch I had this year. $38 per person with 2 courses and dessert, the portion is generous and food is comforting. You get out full and satisfied guaranteed.

Yesterday, the menu was: smoked salmon with cucumber salad and yogurt raita sauce, suveed tri top, with delicious potatoes and roasted small onions. The dessert was lemon cream bar. I wish I can elaborate more on how it was prepared, because it was not as simple as I described. Food is very simple, but very meticulously prepared. You do identify the familiar flavors right away, then you are amazed how well that is executed.

The concept is very unique. As the restaurant is there to give you the “temporary relief from hunger”, the menu resembles files from the doctors office and the staff are in brown casual shirts and jeans. The decor is simple and themed around the comfort food with big old French style kitchen tables at the front and in the dining room with iron pigs on top of them. The food is served family style, which gives you the visual of generous portion. Immediate relief from hunger can come from seeing the big plate of hot food in front of you alone.

Service is very knowledgeable and settle. I would say that at times we felt it was a little slow, but welcoming.

I would love to go try their dinner one of these days.

shurie photo

shurie

Sherman Oaks, CA
Ad Hoc 3.0

A mixed experience

I went here for a romantic dinner and to try the cusine. We went on a Thursday evening, when roast pork was the main course. We called for reservations in the morning, and got the last two spots available.

When we arrived we were greeted and seated quickly. The restaurant was busy and somewhat noisy. The decor was modern and spartan – not bad but not the place for a quiet romantic dinner. The service was quick and attentive. Each diner gets the same 4 course dinner, so we heard the exact same spiel from the waiters as they went from table to table to take orders or to deliver each course.

We were delighted with the first course – albondigas. It was fresh and tasty. When the main course arrived we had high hopes but were sorely disappointed with the pork. It was a thick pork chop, undercooked, and extremely chewy. We looked at each other for minutes and minutes on end as we chewed and chewed and chewed our first few bites. We noticed disappointed looks on the faces of other guests. We didn’t eat much of the pork, but the accompanying vegetables were excellent. The third and fourth courses (cheese and then ice cream) were ordinary.

I would not go back to this restaurant and would not recommend it. The total bill was $ 125. for two people.

Roast Pork

The pork chop was undercooked and very chewy. It was billed on the menu as roast pork.

JesseME photo

JesseME

St Helena, CA
Ad Hoc 5.0

Oh yeah! Love this place. It's got class, a...

Oh yeah! Love this place. It’s got class, a very interesting theme, and the freshest, organic ingredients in all their cuisine. I was invited to eat here a couple of weeks ago and Man! What a treat it was. Owned by the world renound chef Thomas Kellar, this restaurant features a 5 course menu every night. No more fidgeting over what you want to order, Thomas Kellar has already done that for ya! His meals are served family style with the utmost best table service imaginable. Definetly a fine treat if you haven’t eaten at many fine dining restarurants. $45 is the charge every night per person, no matter what day it is.Simply good I tell ya. “Ad Hoc: a temporary relief from hunger”

Rory_Lynch photo

Rory_Lynch

Angwin, CA
Ad Hoc 5.0

Why didn't I say yes when I was invited for the opening??...

Why didn’t I say yes when I was invited for the opening??? Aghh! Must have had reservations elsewhere…my review will follow ;-) Gotta get here though!

American Thomas Kellar Ad Hoc

From OpenTable:

Thomas Keller’s ad hoc, which literally means "for this purpose," was originally intended to be a temporary restaurant, open during the development of a very different concept. But, due to its loyal following, it was decided that it must be a permanent fixture in Yountville. ad hoc serves a prix fixe, 4-course chalkboard menu, changing daily. Food is served family style and reminiscent of the comfort food with which Chef Keller grew up.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Rory_Lynch

Angwin, CA

websusan

Ad Hoc  Restaurant Reviews

Ad Hoc is located near the cities of Oakville.
People found this by searching for: Ad Hoc Menu, Ad Hoc Restaurant Yountville Menu, Ad Hoc Yountville Menu, Ad Hoc Restaurant Yountville, Ad Hoc Menu Yountville, Adhoc Restaurant Yountville, California Menu, and Ad Hoc Brunch Menu.