alison's restaurant

1.0 rating over 1 review

N/A

Lee Highway ( )

Abingdon, VA

Description: alison's restaurant is a restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.
Tags: Horrible, Disgusting, Rip Off, Poor Management, Ew, Gross, and Nasty
  • 1 dish entered by diners at alison's restaurant

Reviews for alison's restaurant

alison's restaurant

NEVER EVER EATING HERE AGAIN!!!

Hi, I am a local individual that supports local businesses over corporate chains, especially restaurants. However, after my experience tonight, I am no longer supporting one of my favorite restaurants, Alison’s of Abingdon, VA. I have loved and frequented this restaurant for years and years, so this review comes to be very disappointing to me. Tonight, I met 2 of my good friends at Alison’s for dinner. From the minute we walked through the door, tension from the staff was in the air, and we had no idea why. The whole 20 minutes we were there, we never once received a greeting or even a smile, but we didn’t think too much about it when we first walked in; I just thought to myself, “wow something must be going on between the employees tonight.” It just felt like we totally interrupted them or were a total inconvenience to whatever they were doing. Anyway, we sat down and are asked by the waitress if we have figured out what we wanted to eat yet (by-the-way, this was her first communication with us), and we responded, “we’re so sorry, but we have all just been catching up because we haven’t seen each other in awhile, could you give us a few minutes?” The waitress then responds, “WELL, the kitchen closes at 8!” At this point, we are all just stunned that the waitress is telling us this in the meanest tone, as if she hated us from the beginning. So then it all becomes clear that each employee there was mad at us from the minute we walked in because we came to eat at 7:30. We were just going to eat salads and soup. There were also other customers there that just started to eat their meals. I was so shocked because I am such an advocate for customer service, and I have NEVER been treated this way by a restaurant. I then tell her not to worry about taking our order, we will go elsewhere, just give me my ticket for my drink. She then started to have the fakest nice tone, stating, “Oh, are you sure?” as if she reallllllly cared we were leaving. “Uh, definitely,” I responded. She then tells me (because I was the only person who ordered a drink; everyone else had water), “WELL don’t worry about paying for that sweet tea!,” as if I inconvenienced her for wanting to leave after ordering it? It was without-a-doubt the WORST service I have ever received. My friends and I then went to the restaurant, “Rain” of Abingdon, VA. Rain’s prices may be double or triple those of Alison’s, but the food is always amazing and the staff are immaculate in treating people the way they deserve to be treated. The differences between the two restaurants are like night and day. Even if it costs me triple the price, I will definitely choose a restaurant that treats me well over a restaurant that’s poorly ran in customer service. I will NEVER step my foot in Alison’s again, and I will be proud to support the other, more deserving, local restaurants in the area. I’ve been in the restaurant business in the past, and if the restaurant closed at 10:00 p.m., but customers are conversing with each other until midnight, we stayed and completed our other duties while the customers finished their meal and conversation. You do not run people out of your restaurant, especially before you even close! What a joke! What a horrible way to run a business! If you can’t take the responsibilities of running a restaurant, then I think it’s time you find a different profession.

Nothing