724-545-6646

1301 N Water St ( )

Kittanning, PA 16201-1046

Description: Allegheny Mariner is a Waterfront Dining, Romantic, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Waterfront Dining, Romantic, Good for groups, Kid Friendly, Seafood, Steak, Good For Kids, and Takeout
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Allegheny Mariner
  • 1 user loves Allegheny Mariner

Reviews for Allegheny Mariner

• 4 reviews
  • First reviewed by ShananJ

Great Food and View

This must try restaurant protrudes out, hanging over the bank of the Allegheny River on the northern end of Kittanning. The atmosphere is very pleasant with many tables along the window-lined front, which offer an excellent view of the river. They also have a full bar with premium beers on tap(I like to complement my meal with Sam Adams cherry wheat when available).From the many people I know who have ate there I have only heard good things about the food and whole experience. I have been there many times myself and although I usually like to try different things I cannot get past their Filet-mignon and Crab Cake meal. It is truly excellent. I have also tried their French Onion Soup, Clam Chowder and their appetizer sampler and found them all very satisfactory. This restaurant is a definite must try and great for a romantic meal, special occasion, or just for a great meal anytime. Oh and you have to try the mash potatoes the’re great.

Filet mignon & Crab Cake

Like any Fillet-mignon, if what you’re looking for is a XL plate full of beef you won’t find it here. Keep in mind though what this entree may lack in size it more than makes up for in flavor. The Crab cake may be the best I have ever had also the Fillet is always cooked perfect and try it with the mashed potatoes they’re great. I cannot get past this dish. Despite my best efforts I can’t order any other entree on the menu. It’s just that good!

Add/Show Comments (1)

Wonderful experience

We stumbled upon this place for the first time last night. We were pleasantly surprised to find it, as it is not on the beaten path. Even though they had just been swamped with a party of 80 for a lady’s 100th birthday, the staff and service were wonderful.
The food was another pleasant surprise; nice variety, reasonable prices, very flavorful and cooked to perfection.
Owners Jeff and Trish and our waitress, Melissa, couldn’t have been more welcoming, treating us like family, even though it was our first time. This is our new FAVORITE restaurant anywhere in Western Pennsylvania and beyond.
The beauty of the setting just rounded out the wonderful experience. And it was a great value. We will be back OFTEN!
Thanks Jeff and Trish! Keep up the good work.

Filet mignon & shrimp

Very flavorful, nicely prepared, good presentation

Seafood Combo/shrimp, scallop & cod

Freshest seafood, perfectly cooked, wonderful taste, very reasonably priced