704-482-1998

Reviews for Alston Bridges Barbecue

• 2 reviews
  • First reviewed by ncgirl

Great BBQ

I have had the good fortune of being born to one of the prevalent founding (Beam) families of Shelby. Unfortunately, I only get a chance to visit Shelby during family reunions. For that reason alone, I have had the good fortune of coming across one of the hidden secrets of the Kings Mountain Realm.

You are just going to have to trust me on this one! Bridges barbeque is legendary. I am not sure whether it is the sauce, or the red slaw – or possibly both, but the two together are inextricably the best flavor in barbeque! For the record, I come from Columbia, SC – where mustard and ketchup based barbeque are king. I have also lived in Texas – home of the brisket.

I would suggest that you get the sliced (not chopped) variety.

By the way, if you want a real testament, my kids loved the barbeque sandwiches. Since I alos love them, we are having to ration portions in my household.

Add/Show Comments (2)

Great!

I love the food at this restaurant. The barbecue is served with a tangy vinegar-based sauce and red slaw that is also tangy and just a little bit hot. The hush puppies are fresh and crispy. Mmmm!

Add/Show Comments (1)

Alston Bridges Barbecue is located near the cities of Kingstown, Earl, and Waco.
People found this by searching for: Alston Bridges Bbq Shelby Nc, Alston Bridges Barbeque Shelby Nc, Bridges Bbq Shelby Nc, Bridges Barbeque Shelby Nc, Bridges Bbq Shelby, Bridges Barbecue Shelby Nc, and Bridges Barbecue.

Featured in Shelby

Nearby Restaurants

Link to Alston Bridges Barbecue

Alston Bridges Barbecue  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%
Pros
  •  "I has chopped beef sandwich with BBQ slaw, hush puppies & tea. It was delicious"
  •  "Ribs "
Cons
  •  "Food"
Comments
  •  "highly recommend"