253-538-7195

9002 Pacific Ave ( )

Tacoma, WA 98444-6232

Neighborhoods: South End

Description: Anahuac Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Mexican, Parking, Catering, Dinner, Lunch, Cafe, Brazilian, Latin American, American, and Good for groups
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Anahuac Mexican Restaurant
  • 1 user wants to eat at Anahuac Mexican Restaurant

Reviews for Anahuac Mexican Restaurant

What a Tacoma gem!

I went to Anahuac (pronounced an-nah-wack) today for lunch. My mother and I decided to check the place out before inviting my twin, family and friends for a birthday party.

We were so glad we did. The first criteria for me is the salsa. It was awesome. Even my finicky, cilantro-hating mother loved it. She kept saying how fresh it tasted and that it was the best she had ever had. I kept agreeing as she kept repeating it. Nice heat to it too. It kind of sneaks up on you and you’re so glad it did.

I had the original chili relleno. It truly was the best chili relleno I’ve eaten. It came with rice and beans. Excellent rice. The refried beans were typical fare.

Service was exceptional and the atmosphere was charming. The restaurant is nicely decorated and very clean. I even liked the music which is not typically the case in most mexican restaurants. The music in other mexican restaurants have made me feel like screaming and wanting a to-go bag stat. Not the case here.

I hear the margaritas are excellent and will try one or three on my birthday. I’m not driving. I’ll keep you posted.

Original Chili Relleno

Excellent. See review.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Awsome

the food at anahuac was awsome i have driven past this place for years finally went inside the people were great the drink was great the size of the food was great i ordered a steak burrito best burrito i have had the food was so great when went back the very next day with our family…thanks anahuac for the great food if you like mexican food go here

steak burrito

the platter was huge i had left overs the food was hot and ready for to eat enjoy its great food

July 16, 2008

Welcome to Mexico

If only this place was closer to home I would be dining here many times a month. The food is great and the people are so friendly. You feel so at home. I like the decor and also like the idea that you can rent out their banquet rooms for…

People found this by searching for: Anahuac Tacoma, Anahuac Mexican Restaurant, Mexican Restaurant In Tacoma Pacific Ave, Anahuac Mexican Restaurant In Tacoma Wa, On Location Mexican "Catering" Tacoma, Anahuac Restaurant Tacoma Wa, Anahuac Restaurant Tacoma Reviews, Mexican Restaurant Tacoma, and Lunches In Anahauc.

Featured in Tacoma