Angelo's Pancake & Steak House

755 J Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, VA 23601

Neighborhoods: Deer Park
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Catering, Breakfast

Angelo's Pancake & Steak House is a Steakhouse, Catering, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
YorktownWrench photo

YorktownWrench

Yorktown, VA
Angelo's Pancake & Steak House 1.0

Bad day I assume!

I would rate it poor except that the apparent owner decided he would rather yell “What did you eat” rather than ask what the problem was! At about 6:30 on Thurs 09/15/2011, 3 of us decided to have a hamburger steak dinner and hamburger boat at Angelos. We were seated and 2 of us were asked for our drink order, 1 wasn’t even asked. A different waitress asked for our appetizer and salad order. 30 minutes later we were delivered the wrong salads. No big deal, but even after 45 min, where are the potato skins we ordered as an appetizer? After the waitress said she was gonna hit the cook with something I asked again for the appetizer, it has now been 1 hour plus. Finally out comes the potato skins, cooked to rock hard perfection, the stuffing, a mix of very dry bacon bits covered with melted cheese and sour cream, no potato at all. As we lifter the covering of sour cream and cheese the bacon bits litterally pour out. Oddest “skins” I’ve seen. OK, still humerous but getting on my nerves. After we sat for a total of 1 1/2 hours we get dinner, We ordered 2 Hamburger steaks, mashed pot. and green beans and 1 hamburger boat. We get 2 hamburger steaks with fries and 1 hamburger steak with mashed potatoes, all this from yet a different waitress. Thats enough. I dont even want to know how they’re cooked at this point. At the counter the apparent owner came out, a young guy, proclaiming this is “my restaurant” and “well you ate it didn’t you?” And in all honesty, yes we ate the salads, although they were not what we ordered, and yes we tore apart the "skins, 3 of them, all found to be inedible! Not once was he interested in what was served to us, only what he felt he should charge us for 3 salads and uneaten potato skins. I told him to “just charge me something, and we will be gone”. I had in my hand a $20 bill, so he decided that would be the right amount. No tax, no guest check. Don’t bother waithing for me or my guests to return either. We went to another greek restaurant nearby on Jefferson Ave, you know, the one with the arches, that was very busy, were seated, and had a hot, as ordered meal, with friendly service in less than 15 minutes. Total bill for the exact same meals, minus the salads, $21.99 included tax..

Steakhouse Dinner Wifi

Angelo's Pancake & Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/11/2013 - A diner from Richmond, VA tried it and liked it.
  • 10/27/2013 - A diner from Springfield, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
  • 11/27/2013 - A diner from Washington, DC tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 03/16/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/04/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/13/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 06/05/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.
Angelo's Pancake & Steak House is located near the cities of New Market.
People found this by searching for: Angelo's Restaurant Newport News Va, Angelos Newport News Va, Best Steakhouse In Newport News, Angelos Newport News Menu, Angelo S Pancake Steak House Newport News, Angelos Newport News, Angelo's Newport News, Angelo's Restaurant, and Angelo's Newport News Va.