310-395-3200

225 Santa Monica Blvd ( )

Santa Monica, CA 90401

Neighborhoods: Downtown

Tags: French, Good for groups, Breakfast, Takeout, Gluten Free, Outdoor seating, Good For Kids, Parking, Catering, and Dinner
  • 1 user loves Anisette Brasserie
Tips:
  • Stop by for brunch on Sundays from 10am to 5pm.
  • Scoring a table (or even a seat at the bar) on weekends can be almost impossible--better to make a reservation at least a day in advance or stop by on a weekday.

Reviews for Anisette Brasserie

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by mh2mh

Editorial Review by Gayot »

3.0

oh Alain, pls spend some time in the kitchen

We went back to Anisette for brunch. Dinner was WAAYYY better.

Pour Moi bloody mary: it was pretty good. It was supposed to come with blue cheese stuffed olives, but the bartender put in regular pimento ones. Wonder if they actually made me the right drink. The waiter went and got me some blue cheese ones, and brought the skewered olives on a piece of bar paper napkin. I don’t suppose they have small plates at Anisette, that they could have used??

Eggs benedict: came on a thick rectangle of hash browns. This plate of food was lukewarm—WTH. The english muffin was dry. The hash browns were nicely herbed.
I almost got the scrambled eggs w/ crab, but the description of that dish was just that. But it turned out to be scrambled eggs with crab in a beautiful looking square of puff pastry. Why don’t they give better descriptions on the menu???

Coffee: couldn’t they serve better coffee for $3?

Service: Bad. That guy was bad. We kept asking for coffee refills, and then he’d only refill the cup for the person who asked, not the rest of us. Then there was the olives on the napkin. He was just generally not good at his job.

But my dinner there was so good, so I know they can do better than our brunch. Plus I really love the space. I’ll go back for breakfast if I can ever get up early enough.
---———————————————————
Dinner:
I loved it! The space is gorgeous. I don’t care if they copied Balthazar in NYC, if I go to Balthazar I guess I’d like that too! The Chef himself, Alain Giraud made the rounds, and of course I had my photo op with him. He’s so friendly and jovial!

Their cocktails are creative and very nice. At $12.50, that’s right around Hungry Cat price, and less than Comme Ca.

Our party ended up being six, as one of my friends could not make it. Three of us brought 4 bottles of wine—woohoo!

We all shared the charcuterie/cheese/v eggies tower, top quality. Some of us got oysters—excellent. I got the provencal fish soup—very very nice flavor. One of my friends got the foie gras and pate, and he fell in love. That day, I had felt like eating sausages, odd but true, and they had it on the menu, with some sort of beans. Delicious! I had the lavendar ice cream—oooohhhhhh.

We all tasted each other’s dishes, everything I tried was really good. And one soup spoon shared by 6 people? Hey we all like the same types of food so we must all have the same germs, right?

Our server was wonderful. She was so friendly and helpful and accommodating, and kept all tha wine flowing! We sat in the one (I think) large round booth, and they had to add a couple of chairs, and they were so gracious and concerned that we had matching and good chairs.

A great restaurant all around, with excellent food. I look forward to returning for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and “afternoon” when they start that.

I went through some reservation headaches, and found out that a couple of people were trying to STEAL MY RESERVATION. WTF. The organizer of a dining group that I have no more association with, told one of his members to take my reservation. WTH. Make your own freaking reservation, don’t go trying to steal someone else’s! Of all the moronic, idiot, stupid things.
Anyway, I really enjoyed my evening and dinner at Anisette and can’t wait to go back.

3.0

I didn't actually eat here, but....

…. I want to next time!

My friend and I came here for an intended brunch. I’d heard good things about this place – it was beautifully decorated, with a nuanced and eclectic French menu.

But when she and I arrived, we realized that the menu, essentially, had no brunch food! I was really surprised. I think there may have been one omelette buried on the normal menu, but it wasn’t a standard brunch menu.

So, literally, my friend and I got up and left. And crossed the street to go to Le Pain Quotidien, having a yummy brunch of a ham and gruyere omelette (one of the best I’ve had) and bread with the most delish jams ever.

April 1, 2010

Anisette didn't quite live up to the hype...

I went to Anisette last night for my birthday with my boyfrirend & parents. As mentioned in other reviews the service was hit & miss. After being seated the waiter came over to ask about water but then quickly disappeared before asking…

February 28, 2010

Great if you like speed-dining

Last night was my fourth visit to Anisette Brasserie. Since past visits had been fairly good, we made a reservation to celebrate an anniversary. What a tremendous disappointment. It seems since the last time we ate at Anisette, the…

January 17, 2010

Good food, service has room for improvement

Very traditional French bistro menu and though the service was hit or miss, the food was quite good. This place absolutely filled a void needed in Santa Monica. Be forewarned - no valet.

Anisette Brasserie is located near the cities of Sawtelle, Venezia, Venice, Pacific Palisades, and De Witt.
People found this by searching for: Anisette Menu, Anaset In Santa Monica, Anisette Brasserie Menu, Anisette Restaurant Menu, Anisette Santa Monica Menu, Anisette Santa Monica, and Anisette Breakfast Drink.

Mondo Taco