Applebee's

2.0 rating over 1 review

952-997-3919

14678 Cedar Ave S ( )

Apple Valley, MN 55124-8554

Description: Applebee's is a Burgers, Creole, and Ribs restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Burgers, Creole, Ribs, Good For Kids, Takeout, Good for groups, Salads, Grill, Dinner, and Parking
  • 671 dishes entered by diners at Applebee's
Tips:
  • N/A

Reviews for Applebee's

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Applebee's

I'll never return

I’ve always been slightly unimpressed with the Apple Valley location and prefer to go to the Lakeville location, but after this past Saturday I will not return to the Apple Valley Apple Bees. When we walked in the host was about to suggest a high top table, I had two 4 year olds and a one year old with me, so when she started looking that way I quickly asked for a booth. We were walked back to the booth and sat down. I quickly remarked to her that the table was filthy as I picked up a chunk of food and threw it to the floor, nothing was ever done about this nor was I ever brought a booster or high chair for my one year old. The waiter seemed to take some time to get to us even though there were only a handful of other patrons there. I ordered a mudslide for myself, a soda for my son, a water for my daughter and a chocolate milk for my toddler. My 4 year olds were brought their drinks in the big adult cups….anyone with young children knows what a disaster that could be. No cup was provided for the toddler’s milk. And, for my second visit in a row, my mudslide had what appeared to be freezer burnt ice chunks in it. The waiter eventually made his way back to the table (he was very inattentive and seemed quite distracted, not to mention not very hospitable) and my friend brought to his attention how inappropriate it was that my 4 year olds were given such big glasses, his only excuse was that I wasn’t charged for an adult drink, I had to force him to take away my son’s drink because there were chunks floating in it!! We ordered our food after about 20 minutes of being there (and for how slow it was I was less than happy it took him so long to take our order). When our food arrived my drink had been empty for some time, I was never asked if I would like another….I had to ask our waiter to bring me a soda. I had ordered the appetizer sampler (something I order every time I go), my dip was easily considered room temp and I received less than a handful of chips  My friend’s meal was supposed to have lovely vegetables with it, she got 3 zucchini and some ridiculously large slices of onions. By the time the waiter finally checked back my soda was empty…..I never did get a refill. He dropped off our check and scurried off. Over 15 minutes later he finally came back to collect payment, in which we asked to speak to a manger. He sent out the manger in training who was unable to help us and had to waste more time getting the actual manager, whom in our hour and a half at the store I hadn’t seen on the floor even once. He was polite and offered to make things more acceptable for us. The worst, for me, came after all that. I took my daughter to the restroom and the hostess (who handled my children’s crayons and menus) came in, blew her nose, and left. The manager in training came in after that to use the restroom so I filled her in on the fact that after blowing her nose the hostess failed to wash her hands. The manager in training gave me some line about how it was because she was going off line so she would wash her hands in the back and turn in her mic. Imagine my surprise when I exited the restroom and this “off line” hostess was at the front pedestal with her mic still attached!!! Over an hour and a half on a Saturday afternoon (not even lunch or diner rush) to get in and out. Never again will I walk into that Apple Bee’s location.

1. Appetizer Sampler