845-920-1340

420 N Middletown Rd ( )

Pearl River, NY 10965

Description: AquaTerra Grille is a Seafood, Gluten Free, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Seafood, Parking, Good For Kids, Outdoor seating, Gluten Free, Takeout, Breakfast, Good for groups, Lunch, and Catering
  • 12 dishes entered by diners at AquaTerra Grille
  • 1 user wants to eat at AquaTerra Grille
Diner Log for AquaTerra Grille:
  • 09/05/2014 - A diner from New York, NY hasn't been here but wants to try it.

From OpenTable:

Welcome to AquaTerra Grille, a casual family restaurant featuring the freshest seafood (Aqua) and most delectable meats (Terra). Nestled in the heart of Rockland County, NY, AquaTerra Grille offers an atmosphere that combines the elements of water and earth, to provide an unforgettable dining experience. From the splendor of the aquatic bar to the natural beauty of the outdoor patios to the tantalizing Modern American cuisine, you will discover that AquaTerra Grille is the ideal setting for any occasion.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for AquaTerra Grille

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by dez

Definitely going back

My husband and I eat out once a week with two other couples, and we heard about this restaurant opening a few weeks ago. Finally got around to trying it with our group (6 people total) and we were very pleased with our experience.

Because we eat out so often, we like to try new items as much as possible. Between the six of us, we shared four apps: lobster mac & cheese (incredible combination), zucchini chips (light, crispy), clams (fresh), and bruschetta (never had it with mushrooms before but this was delicious!).

Everyone had a different entree and we each thought we had the best item on the menu. I went for the Ahi Tuna and my husband had the BBQ ribs. The tuna was fresh and the ribs were juicy and tender (according to my husband). The portions were so generous that we didn’t even have room for dessert!

We are definitely going back to try other menu items. Our dinner group concluded that it is rare to find one restaurant that can serve such an eclectic menu but with such high quality dishes. Aquaterra seems to be the only restaurant around that can pull this off. Important to note that the price is right: the total bill for our dinner (four apps, six entrees) and two bottles of wine (huge wine list!) came to just over half what we have paid for comparable dinners at competing restaurants in the area. Can’t beat that!

bruschetta

I have never had bruschetta with mushrooms before, so I tried this for the first time. WOW! I was skeptical at first, as I love fresh tomatoes, but if you have never had bruschetta with mushrooms, try it here!

Ahi Tuna

As you would expect, the “Aqua” in the restaurant name refers to the fish selections. Tough choice to make when deciding which fish to try! I went with the Ahi Tuna, as it was recommended by our server. Glad I did – the tuna was light, fresh, not too oily/buttery. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a light fish option.

perfect for happy hour

At least once a week my co-workers and I have a happy hour at a local bar or restaurant. No one had been to AquaTerra yet, so we gave it a shot. From our happy hour experience, I can comment on the following: bar scene, drinks, appetizers, and pricing. I can not comment on the entrees, sorry!

As for the bar scene: The clean, bright, wide open bar was welcoming to my four co-workers and I. We were not squished for space, and we weren’t completely isolated from everyone else at the bar. Other groups seemed to have the same idea as us: a few drinks with co-workers before going home (we noticed a lot of business-casual types like us). It was not loud (I HATE loud bars) and we were able to have a normal conversation without yelling to each other.

Drinks: The bartenders were very quick to make our drinks. They were also very attentive and readily available when we needed another drink (or two! haha). We all had various drinks (wine, martinis, cocktails), but everyone was pleased. One co-worker had a berry-tini (I think that is what it’s called), and she is said it was very sweet, but she liked it so much she had another one ha! I am somewhat of a drink snob and only order the “good stuff.” From what I could see, the bar had everything I normally drink, and then a TON of alternatives which was nice to see :-) .

Appetizers: we all shared four appetizers: pizza, crab dip, zucchini chips, and nachos. The portions were large because the five of us couldn’t even finish everything!!

Pricing: For the quick service at the bar, the great appetizers, and cool bar atmosphere, we feel that we had underpaid at the end of the happy hour. Everything was moderately priced and we were all very pleased when we divided up the check. We all joked that we should have had another round of drinks to make the bill more like our other happy hour spots!

My co-workers and I agreed this was a top choice for our future happy hours. We are going to tell others at work about it, too. Cool bar atmosphere and quality drinks and appetizers all at an afordable price. I am excited to go back!

pizza

The flat bread pizza was light but filling at the same time. The sausage was tasty and you could tell they used quality cheese.

crab dip

I am not a big fan of crab meat, so I did not try this appetizer. However, when I asked my co-workers how it tasted, they all said “better than average” or “better than _______’s crab dip” (meaning another local restaurant!). I am sorry I can not comment further on this.

zucchini chips

Awesome! The chips were very lightly fried, so it didn’t have the weight or fatty-feel that deep fried vegetables often have. I had more of these chips than anyone I was with!

Nachos

In my opinion, it’s hard to mess up nachos…. and it’s also hard to impress with nachos! But the nachos we had were great. We added chicken and guacamole – I recommend others do the same as the chicken pieces are large and the guacamole is fresh.

Great time

Went to Aqua Terra the other night and my son and I had a great experience. I had a glass of wine, my son had a soda, we shared an appetizer, each had our entree, and split a dessert and not only was the price right, but the portion sizes were perfect. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I will definitely be bringing others back to try it out!

Fiery Asian Shrimp

This shrimp was delicious. It was like an zesty orange sauce, with a kick. I loved it.

Chicken Madiera

Great dish. Perfect portion size. Chicken was delicious, sauce was great, and pasta/mushrooms hit the spot.

Awesome Experience!

I tried this restaurant with my girlfriend and we had a great experience. Aquaterra Grille is a great change from all the pubs and bars in Pearl River. Finally a nice restaurant with a wide variety of food on the menu. From the moment we walked in, our experience was magnificent. The hostess was extremely friendly and greeted us, and took us to our table. We were even a little picky and preferred a booth over a table, and that was not a problem! Within minutes, the busboy had brought water and delicious bread with oil to our table, and our waiter was there to take our order. The food came out quickly and it was delicious! Even the portion sizes were just right. I don’t know what the other reviewer “dez” was talking about, but judging by his spelling and grammar, he doesn’t know much. We will definitely be back and spreading the good word!

Rhode Island Style Calamari

A different spin on traditional calamari, this dish was amazing!

Aquaterra

The “staple” of the restaurant, my server recommended I try this dish. It was a delicious piece of Filet Mignon cooked just to my liking, and a Brazilian Lobster Tail that I could just not get enough of. Best of both worlds!

AquaTerra Grille

A Refreshing new Restaurant addition to the area!!

We heard about Aqua Terra through friends who live in the area & gave it a try. Certainly glad we did the experience was very positive.
The owners & friendly hostess made us all welcome.
Our family including three picky kids & a not always easy to please husband left there with a satisfied feeling. The prices were reasonable & the food was outstanding. I had their Crab Cake Appetizer & a special of the day the Branzini; I am sure as they continue to perfect, the restaurant will have lines out the door to get in. Awesome!!!
Welcome to Pearl River we will be back.

Crab Cake

Lump crab meat, held together moistly & pan fried lightly

Bronzini

This was a special 7 not on the menu.
A whole Sea Bass deboned; baked in lemon, wine, olive oil & lightly seasoned. it was delicious & the presentation was great too

-2 1

Hey you guys

Yea so here it goes . I was informed that these owners told a fellow EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER WORKER, that him and his family were NOT A GOOD FIT for this yuppie resturant. Who are these people to tell us when and where we can eat ……. I dont understand where they get the gaul to even say something like that to someone who always gives there time to help others with out even a blink of an eye. Maybe this resturant is not a good fit for this county. I hope you get NO business!!!!!!!!!!!! I know for SURE ALL THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE WORKERS ANR DEFFINATLY NOT COMMING HERE. YOU GUYS ARE HORRIBLE. Oh and PS just so you no just about 80% of this county is in some sort of connection with volunteer services so sorry to say you guys ruined it for your selves!!!!!!!!!!

Add/Show Comments (1)

AquaTerra Grille is located near the cities of Montvale, Park Ridge, Pearl River, Nanuet, and Chestnut Ridge.
People found this by searching for: Aqua Terra Grille Pearl River Menu, Aqua Terra Grille Pearl River, Aquaterra Pearl River, Aquaterra Grille, Aqua Terra Grill In Pearl River Ny 10965, Acqua Terra Grillnanuet Ny, Aqua Terra Pearl River Ny, and Aqua Terra Pearl River.

Peggy's Grill House