Call 2903 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Neighborhoods: Silver Lake

Cuisine: Italian, Pasta, Seafood

Aroma is a Italian, Pasta, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA
Aroma 5.0

Mangiare Bene

If my taste buds could orgasm, then I have the Aroma Restaurant to thank for it in my post coital state of bliss. Someone spot me a light please?

My friend Scott and I stumbled onto Aroma Monday evening because the other restaurant he had his heart set on was closed. As fate would have it, it was yelp serendipity that we found Aroma thanks to my trusty yelp app on my iphone.

When we drove past Aroma, I was sure that we had the wrong address. It didn’t look like the yelp rated 4.5 star restaurant I was reading (more like skimming) about because it was on a corner plaza next to a liquor store. In fact, we almost missed it.

We walked in and the ambiance was instantly comforting. The place is small and cozy with about a dozen or so tables. Indeed, we felt a rush of anticipation because we knew we were in for a culinary experience. Even though we didn’t have reservations, we were thankfully seated right away. (Note to self: make reservations next time to guarantee eating here.)

• APPETIZER – A tower of finely chopped shitake, porcini and oyster mushrooms covered with crisp parmesan curls on a bed of creamy white sauce made from heavy cream, sage, white wine, butter, mascarpone cheese and a light touch of truffle oil. This tasted so SOO good. Scott was enthusiastically mopping up the remainder of the sauce with the ciabatta bread. He let nothing go to waste!

We both ordered SPECIALS of the evening:

• LINGUINE WITH CLAMS – prepared in white clam sauce with garlic, olive oil, fresh tomatoes and sauteed rapini wild broccoli. I usually don’t like white sauces because my preference is for savory marinara sauces, but this dish was surprisingly delicious! The white sauce was rich in taste, but not rich and heavy in texture. The flavor of the clams proudly took center stage.
  • My friend Scott had the COULOTTE, which is the very flavorful top part of sirloin. It’s not the most tender choice of meats, so it needs to be marinated very well. From the look on Scott’s face, I could tell he was in heaven. In fact, he was speechless for most of the evening as he savored each and every bite of his steak. The coulotte was grilled with herbs, balsamic vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper. Served with roasted russet potatoes and steamed vegetables.

There was no room for dessert. At this point, we were as satiated as two platonic friends could be after sharing an experience together.

SERVICE: There were only two waiters that night who busted their butts to take care of everyone. Too bad they don’t have a team of busboys to support them to make things go faster, but this little tidbit doesn’t even register as a deal breaker. Overall, the service was excellent. And our waiter’s accent was bellisimo! I wanted to eat his words as they fell out of his mouth. Ah, but that’s me and my accent fetish.

Mangiare Bene we did! If I could rate this with 6 stars, I would!

(And this is the last of eating so richly for me! eek! but damn it was worth it.)

Linguine with Clams

Aroma 1
August 10, 2013

first time at this place after reading the reviews and running past the place. it was fantastic. nd friendly.
Aroma 5.0
April 6, 2012

The best Italian in Los Angeles,

We are all from the east, and we know Italian food. Don't miss this one people !
Aroma 4.0
January 19, 2011

I will return.

On the recommendation of friends we have been there twice now and believing in the adage, 1st impressions are the best. We like this place. For the freshness and quality of our meal, top of the list. Our 2 different steaks, excellent. For…

Italian Pasta Delivery
Tips
  • The wine list includes several dozen Californian and Italian labels, or pay the $6 corkage if you prefer to bring your own.
  • Valet service is $2, and can be convenient when it's busy. Don't park in front of the liquor store, which has reserved several spots.
  • Every seat in the house has a good view of the bustling kitchen. Ask to sit in the raised section to avoid drafts when newcomers enter.
Sun,Tue-Sat 05:00PM - 10:30PM

Aroma  Restaurant Reviews

• 01/17/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Aroma is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Aroma Restaurant Silverlake, Aroma Restaurant Silverlake Menu, Aroma Silver Lake, Aroma Silverlake Food Pictures, Aroma Silverlake Menu, Aroma Sunset Blvd Menu, Aroma Silverlake, Aroma Silverlake Byob, and Aroma Restaurant Silverlake Los Angeles.