Assaggio Ristorante Italiano

Cuisine: Italian, Breakfast, Lunch

Assaggio Ristorante Italiano is a Italian, Breakfast, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

ninathomas photo

El Centro, CA

Great Italian Food, Cosy Atmosphere, Decent Service

We have now been there twice and both times have thoroughly enjoyed the overall experience. The wait staff is knowledgable about the food and willing to find out that which they are unsure about. Unlike most restaurants in the Imperial Valley, Assaggio has the ambiance of an upscale restaurant. It’s nothing like what one expects from an “upscale” restaurant in New York or LA, but for here, it is REALLY CLASSY! What can I say, I’m a sucker for glass tabletops, cloth napkins, and shiny silverware. The leather, bound menu has clear descriptions of the entrees and titles written in Italian. (As a former student of the language, I thought that was a nice touch.)

The full bar has a great cocktail they created called The Nothing. I heard about it through the grapevine and the fairly new waitress we had on our second visit had not yet heard of it. It was a light, fruity, green concoction that tasted like a less sweet version of my favorite drink, Alien Secretion from Dave and Busters. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Dinner service includes a basket of warm, fresh, crusty white bread with a side of real butter. We all enjoyed our entrees and the prompt, attentive service we have missed since over the past year of living in the Imperial Valley. Water glasses are kept full and the wait staff seems to understand the art of checking in regularly without being disruptive.

Veal Saltimboca

Thin pounded veal, breaded and cooked with eggplant, cheese, and mushrooms in a white wine butter sauce and served over your choice of pasta, I went with fettuccine. The dish was flavorful and well-balanced, but a little oily.

The serving size was fairly large, so I ate till I was satisfied and had lunch for the following day left over.

Seafood Combination

Jumbo shrimp, calimari, mussles, and clams cooked in garlic or tomato sauce (I chose garlic) and served over your choice of pasta (I opted for linguini). The seafood was cooked perfectly and, therefore, still juicy. I’m not used to finding calimari that isn’t so overcooked the texture is chewy, so I was really impressed to enjoy the delicate and flavorful rings of calimari in this dish. As with my previous visit to Assaggio, the portion size was huge and easily provided two meals.

Italian Breakfast Lunch
Tue-Sat 11:00AM - 09:30PM
Sun 10:00AM - 09:30PM

Assaggio Ristorante Italiano  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/20/2013 - A diner from Corona, CA tried it.
  • 10/01/2013 - A diner from Escondido, CA tried it.
  • 10/27/2013 - A diner from Riverside, CA tried it and liked it.
People found this by searching for: Assagios Brawley Ca, Assagios Brawley Prices, Assagios In Brawley Ca, Assaggio Brawley, Assagios Brawley, Assaggio Brawley Ca, Assiago Brawley Ca, Seafood In Brawley, Ca, and Assagio's Restaurant Brawley Ca.