440-930-2685

33424 Lake Rd ( )

Avon Lake, OH 44012-1140

Description: Athena's Deli & Restaurant is a Eclectic, Salads, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Eclectic, Salads, Soups, Deli, Sandwiches, Good For Kids, American, Greek, Diner, and Takeout
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Athena's Deli & Restaurant
Diner Log for Athena's Deli & Restaurant:
  • 07/03/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 07/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.

Reviews for Athena's Deli & Restaurant

Kids Eat Free Mondays & Daily Specials

When was the last time you got your kid to eat free when an adult paid full price? These guys, especially during these hard times, are jammed on Mondays with kids eat free special they are running. My wife and I often take the kids for dinner during the week because we are too busy to cook and oftentimes, it’s cheaper to eat out then to cook for yourself. They have 1/2 oven roasted chicken, fresh mashed potatoes and gravy, soup and salad for around $8 on Sundays. They also serve roasted turkey, portk chops, and pork which my elderly dad likes. I swear you go in there and they have more specials that i have seen anywhere. I walked in last week and they had a deep fried hot-dog (i know it sounds strange) with saurkraut, stadium mustard and cheese oozing on top. It was delicious..the skin of the hot dog was crackling while the inside was oozing! Who would of thought! Yesterday i stopped by with my daughter and we order the flat-bread pizza special (which had artichokes/sundried tomatoes/goat cheese/mushrooms and an agli’olio sauce)…it was big enough for 3 of us…and less than $10!…if you haven’t stopped by, good people, a pretty restaurant and rocking good. I hear their breakfast rocks like there is no tomorrow..i’m heading there this weekend after soccer games to give them a shot! why go to the chains when you can support local biz?

Scrod Almondine

This dish was really out of this world…the fish filed my plate; it was lightly dusted with almonds and sauteed but not fried. The hint of lemon was great and had a nice crunch with flakey interior. i got it with their rice pilaf, broccoli and it also came with choice of soup (i got their clam chowder!) and side salad with balsamic vinaigrette. really recommend it!

3.0

Great food, prices too high

Athena’s has excellent food, I don’t think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. You can call your order in and pick it up if you want as well. BUT they’re prices went up. Not that it’s surprising in today’s economy but I was disappointed to find out that if I want to order just one crepe for breakfast, I wasn’t allowed – I had to order all three and then get the eggs, bacon and hashbrowns that I wanted. My order would have cost $15.00 for breakfast! You cannot mix and match there.

So I got the corned beef hash which was excellent. Not exactly what I wanted, but it more than made up for my disappointment.

Add/Show Comments (1)

October 2, 2009

Great Place for Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner

love the food here. always walk in and in addition tomenu that is huge they run another dozen specials that change daily. i don't know how they do it. i walked in last week and they had a deep fried (i know it sounds like much) hotdog with…

Athena's Deli & Restaurant is located near the cities of Beech Park.
People found this by searching for: Athenas Avon Lake, Athena's Avon Lake, Athena's And Avon Lake, Oh, Athena's Avon Lake Menu, Athena's In Avon Lake, Athenas Restaurant Avon Lake, Athena Menu In Avon Lake, Athena's Restaurant Avon Lake Ohio, and Athena's Avon Lake Ohio.

Sapori Italian Grille

C59e5389ed181c1d2bb42f0909e02e1c

Link to Athena's Deli & Restaurant

Athena's Deli & Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  92%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "Food"
  •  "Soups, sandwiches and specials"
  •  "Good food and plentiful"