514-281-1114

536 Avenue Duluth E ( Between Avenue de Châteaubriand and Rue St-Hubert )

Montreal Metro Area, QC H2L 1A9

Neighborhoods: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal

Description: Au Pied de Cochon is a French and Quebecois restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.
Tags: Quebecois French, French, Quebecois, French Canadian, and Plateau
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Au Pied de Cochon
  • 2 users want to eat at Au Pied de Cochon
  • 2 users love Au Pied de Cochon

Reviews for Au Pied de Cochon

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Comfort food gone fancy -- Patience will be rewarded

I had heard many things about APdC over the years: much of it good, a few discouraged diners. Finally I’ve had the opportunity to go and try it for myself.

One thing that surprised me is despite the upscale cuisine (and eyebrow-raising prices to match) this is not a white tablecloth establishment. The feel is more rustic, with bare wooden tables, like being in a sugar shack. And a hockey game playing in the bathroom!

Our group’s challenge was to eat affordably. It is very easy to blow the budget but I managed to keep my bill under $20 with tax.

The staff are pleasant but on this particular night were rushed off their feet, so it took a while for the food to arrive. But once it did, it was worth the wait. Everything I tasted — including little bites from my companions — had strong, well-balanced flavors with a touch of sweetness. And the food was very filling.

boudin plate

This plate includes homemade blood sausage with mashed potatoes, baked apple slices, and caramelized red onions. The boudin was very smooth and rich, with no gaggy aftertaste, and the apple and onion lend a delightful sweetness. Even the sausage casing was pleasant to eat. I would definitely order this again.

chocolate molten cake

The restaurant is quite willing to split a dessert among two bills, which I did with one of my tablemates for this dessert. I was disappointed in how small this was for the price — it was cupcake sized — but it was dark and rich. The core was dark chocolate sauce, there were half a dozen candied whole cranberries on the plate, plus two drizzles of cranberry and maple syrup coulis. I was too polite to lick the plate!

Au Pied de Cochon

AMAZING!!! My friends and I went for a long...

AMAZING!!! My friends and I went for a long weekend. Though the city of Montreal is not a place I would routinely return to, I would love to go back to this restaurant. It is simply amazing. The wait staff are amazing as well. We were seated a bit later than our reservation time. They gave us 2 free appetizers. Not just that, the girl who was taking down our orders thought that we ordered lobster… we didn’t but got that for free! We had so much food… each tasting better than the one before… except I didn’t enjoy duck in a can so much. So if you go there, make reservations cuz there is no way you’re gonna get a seat as a walk in.

People found this by searching for: 536 Ave Duluth E, "Au Pied De Cochon" Montreal "Walk In", Au Pied De Cochons Montreal, Restaurant Au Pied De 536 Ave Duluth E, Au Pied De Cochon Montreal Recommended Food, Au Pieds De Cochons Phone Number, Au Pied De Cochons Restaurant, Restaurants Au Plateau Mont Royal, and Au Pied De Cochon Menu Desription.

Laloux
Restaurant Viva Tapas Bar Lounge
Restaurant EVOO
Restaurant Toque!
Restaurant Europea

Loves Au Pied de Cochon (2)

Bocxgmnz0r3pvpaby-ekyc
CheapEthnicEatz

Montréal, QC

juliewan

Washington, DC
0 useful

Wants to Try Au Pied de Cochon (2)

stephanieg1