Au Pied de Cochon

536 Avenue Duluth E
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2L 1A9
(Between Avenue de Châteaubriand and Rue St-Hubert)

Neighborhoods: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Cuisine: French, Quebecois

Au Pied de Cochon is a French and Quebecois restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Au Pied de Cochon 5.0

Comfort food gone fancy -- Patience will be rewarded

I had heard many things about APdC over the years: much of it good, a few discouraged diners. Finally I’ve had the opportunity to go and try it for myself.

One thing that surprised me is despite the upscale cuisine (and eyebrow-raising prices to match) this is not a white tablecloth establishment. The feel is more rustic, with bare wooden tables, like being in a sugar shack. And a hockey game playing in the bathroom!

Our group’s challenge was to eat affordably. It is very easy to blow the budget but I managed to keep my bill under $20 with tax.

The staff are pleasant but on this particular night were rushed off their feet, so it took a while for the food to arrive. But once it did, it was worth the wait. Everything I tasted — including little bites from my companions — had strong, well-balanced flavors with a touch of sweetness. And the food was very filling.

boudin plate

This plate includes homemade blood sausage with mashed potatoes, baked apple slices, and caramelized red onions. The boudin was very smooth and rich, with no gaggy aftertaste, and the apple and onion lend a delightful sweetness. Even the sausage casing was pleasant to eat. I would definitely order this again.

chocolate molten cake

The restaurant is quite willing to split a dessert among two bills, which I did with one of my tablemates for this dessert. I was disappointed in how small this was for the price — it was cupcake sized — but it was dark and rich. The core was dark chocolate sauce, there were half a dozen candied whole cranberries on the plate, plus two drizzles of cranberry and maple syrup coulis. I was too polite to lick the plate!

Au Pied de Cochon 5.0

AMAZING!!! My friends and I went for a long...

AMAZING!!! My friends and I went for a long weekend. Though the city of Montreal is not a place I would routinely return to, I would love to go back to this restaurant. It is simply amazing. The wait staff are amazing as well. We were seated a bit later than our reservation time. They gave us 2 free appetizers. Not just that, the girl who was taking down our orders thought that we ordered lobster… we didn’t but got that for free! We had so much food… each tasting better than the one before… except I didn’t enjoy duck in a can so much. So if you go there, make reservations cuz there is no way you’re gonna get a seat as a walk in.

Quebecois French French Quebecois
Bocxgmnz0r3pvpaby-ekyc
CheapEthnicEatz

juliewan

Washington, DC

stephanieg1

JoM

Au Pied de Cochon  Restaurant Reviews

Au Pied de Cochon is located near the cities of St Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Au Pied De Cochon Montreal Recommended Food, 536 Ave Duluth E, Restaurants Au Plateau Mont Royal, Au Pied De Cochon Menu Desription, Au Pieds De Cochons Phone Number, Au Pied De Cochons Restaurant, Restaurant Au Pied De 536 Ave Duluth E, "Au Pied De Cochon" Montreal "Walk In", and Au Pied De Cochons Montreal.