Baan Thai

770-761-6161

1745 Highway 138 Se Ste C13 ( )

Conyers, GA 30013-5749

Description: Baan Thai is a Thai, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Thai, Lunch, Breakfast, Cafe, Pan Asian, Asian, Fast Food, Good for groups, Takeout, and Good For Kids
  • 158 dishes entered by diners at Baan Thai

Reviews for Baan Thai

Baan Thai

Never Again!

Horrible service after advising manager of VERY bland food!

I have been coming to this restaurant for over 6 years. I am newly engaged and I decided to invite my fiance here for the first time. To my surprise after recommending this restaurant…. the food was Very Bland! I politely advised the waitress as this has happened before but they provide seasonings other than salt and pepper to remedy this. I should not have to season food at a restaurant but this has happened several times. I must have forgotten this but this was by far the most bland food I have ever eaten here. The waitress stated she could give me coconut cream to stir into my food as everything had a coconut base after I had advised her I added lots of salt and the food was still very watery. The manager returned with warm coconut cream to stir into the food and I politely asked the manager who is very aware of my visits and who I am if there was another cook because the food was very bland. Remember, I asked her politely. She said no its the same cook for all the years that I have been a regular here and she said the cook is her husband. I politely took the coconut cream and stirred it into 3 dishes that were ordered as she walked away.

Once this happened the manager of the restaurant did not assist me in anyway to treat me like a paying customer. “If your husband is the cook and the food is off that is not my problem”. I am simply warning you because I will not be the only one to visit this restaurant to notice this. When dinner cost $43.00+ and I was just here alone last weekend spending $18.00 for lunch I should have a right to ask what the problem is….especially in a polite manner. Moving along… not only did the manager not remedy the situation she completely avoided us for the rest of our visit. She made the waitresses laugh with whatever she told them and no one visited our table to refill drinks or assist us with anything! The majority of my order was still on the table as I waited for To Go boxes to bring the food home to re-cook it myself with my own seasoning but while waiting for a box, I realized we were being ignored as the waitresses made it their duty to occupy their time with over-achieving at the 2 tables around us and passing us by at the managers request. Once I received the boxes the horrible service did not stop there. I politely paid the bill with no tip and this will be my last time here. My fiance already made up his mind that he would never come here again before the bad service kicked in due to the VERY Bland food. He couldn’t tell what all the hype was about. He was shocked I talked up a restaurant with bad bland food and horrible service that cost us a 54 minute drive to Conyers just for this restaurant. We also were not thanked for our visit as we left and this was not because of not leaving a tip this time. They hadn’t figured that out yet. I always tip at least 15% and am very polite (Truly). Never again! I will keep my money and this restaurant will lose money…I’m pretty sure I am not the only one or the last one this will/has happened too.

CM04: Panang Curry

All dishes Very Bland! Watered down food.
I would have tipped 15-18% but did not have a reason to. I should have been credited due to Horrible Service and VERY Bland food!