213-748-7205

2308 S Union Ave ( )

Los Angeles, CA 90007

Neighborhoods: West Adams

Description: Bacaro is a Italian, Lunch, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Italian, Dinner, Lunch, Good for groups, Takeout, Pub Food, Cafe, Pizza, Reservations, and Downtown
  • 43 dishes entered by diners at Bacaro
  • 1 user wants to eat at Bacaro
Tips:
  • Paired wine flights, usually priced from $8 to $12, change weekly and offer innovative couplings for both neophyte and jaded palates. The 20 or so wines listed on the chalkboard change weekly, so regulars will always find something new.
  • Somewhat obscure parking is available in the back, off of 24th--enter between the red and blue awnings.
  • Simple lunch specials offer a combo of grilled or cold panini, salad and beer for under $10.

Reviews for Bacaro

No Rating

Editorial Review by Gayot »

A Sweet Little Wine Bar

Bacaro’s been around for a couple of years as a quiet but cool winebar. Perhaps its because I don’t enjoy wine, is why I didn’t look for it. But lately, I have been more daring and wanting to try more wine, with the films Sideways and Bottleshock.

Bacaro is on the fringes of Downtown LA, just south of the Santa Monica Freeway. You could almost say it’s a College Bar, since the close vicinity of USC. Yet, as you walk in, the dark hues and spartan benches and tables give it hipster feel. I like it, as did my friends.

We got there just as the place was filling up with happy hour on its way. So we quickly ordered our tapas – in this case our dinner, with their open face burger with an egg, their white pizza, and one of their cheese plates. Their burger was really good with their almost-like-big-mac-special-sauce with the egg. I could ate it all by my self. Seriously this was a Great Burger with the Texas Toast. Next time, I might ask for the other bun and eat it all by myself. The white pizza was also tasty, yet a bit too salty. I know salty is a common theme when it comes to bar food. I know Miss B and Miss C didn’t care too much for the over zestiness. We also had the Pan-Seared Scallops with Charred Brussel Sprouts, Bacon, and Balsamic. I almost forgot to mention the Noa’s Cauliflower. This was presented and cooked in a way that I have never seen or tasted. The chipotle spice gives the Cauliflower great personality. Non-veggie guys might like it and can compare the meatiness of the cauliflower to a carnivorous meat. Though the scallops were quite large – they were ho-hum. The Nutella Panino was quite a treat. I didn’t think I would like or would want to have dessert, it was quite good. (I am not a big dessert guy). This dessert was like a grilled sandwich, except with nutella and strawberries.

Anyways, this is a nice place to go where the food is good. I like how the menu features names like Noa’s, and Dalia’s. I wonder who they are. The wine list is something that I’ll have to study later.

The Bacaro Burger

Probably the Best Burger I’ve had in a long time. Make sure you add an egg for a buck more.

4.0

dreamy place in urban environment.

i love this place. it’s like a dream come true and it’s so close to school. we waited next door at the ragazzi room until they opened at 5pm and we were the first ones there, just chilling out and enjoying happy hour. the crostini’s were delicious and they had chimay, my fave. i also took home a panini for my bro, who devoured it in 10 seconds flat. crostini, two beers, a panini for around $20 something dollars.

when you’re near and it’s happy hour, it’s a no brainer to come here. it’s like an escape from all the homicidal maniacs running around this area.

July 14, 2011

Awesome Food

Our food came out on time and was prepared just right. I would recommend this place to a hungry person the portions are huge! Service as ok but the food made up for it! I

March 26, 2010

Wine and Dine Me Here!

You wouldn't think a great find like this would be found in a very busy family community area of Downtown Los Angeles. I was very lucky to experience some of the delicious items on the menu made by the executive chef Lior Hillel. This is…

Bacaro is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Lior Hillel, Bacaro Tapas Los Angeles Menu, Bacaro In Los Angeles, Bacaro Los Angeles, Bacaro Restaurant Los Angeles, Bacarro Wine And Restaurant On Union And 24th St, and Bacaro Menu Los Angeles.

Angelini Osteria