909-899-1700

7491 Etiwanda Ave ( )

Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

Description: Barbara's Victorian Tea House is a Tea Room, Victorian, and Tea House restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Tea Room, Victorian, Tea House, Tea, Good For Kids, Takeout, Good for groups, and Barbra's
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Barbara's Victorian Tea House
  • 1 user loves Barbara's Victorian Tea House

Reviews for Barbara's Victorian Tea House

Old Fashion Fun

Be transported back in time in a real restored Victorian Home resplendent with all the holiday trimmings. It is eternally holiday time at Barbara’s Victorian Tea House, and the halls are decked in Victorian charm and Christmas trees. The service is splendid, the food is fantastic, and you can select from an endless assortment of teas and switch as often as you like. A favorite for bridal and baby showers.

Queen Barbara's Tea

Home made at its finest. Very generous portions made it impossible to finish, but the deserts were just as delicious later in the evening at home. A huge slice of gourmet quiche, raspberry vinaigrette salad, tea sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberry, warm scone (with cream, preserves and lemon curd) and a delightful assortment of deserts.

the 'splendor of tea'

Barbara knows Tea. And she really knows how to transport a gal back in time. Her Victorian Tea House home is really beautiful and such a unique experience. I can see why they have so many bridal/baby showers here—what a relaxing and elegant way to spend an afternoon.

I’ve been to Tea here several times with friends and with my Tea Society and we were always well taken care of and the food, made right there in the house kitchen, was well prepared, seasoned and plentiful. I don’t think anyone in our group has managed to start, let alone finish, our desserts—we’re all so full by the time we get to them!

The best part is that they had no problem letting our group try all the different teas we wanted. That’s just good service and good business because most of us ended up buying a bit of our favorite loose leaf blends in the end. I bought the ‘Pecan Pancake’ --yes, it is as good as it sounds--add a little milk and sugar and who needs dessert??

Located on a somewhat busy street in a residential area of Rancho Cucamonga/Etiwanda, you may find trouble parking in the lot—it’s small so if there is a party booked, plan to park on the street just north of the house.

Also, reaching someone by phone can sometimes be a challenge, but persistence pays off, it’s really worth it and Barbara and her staff are the sweetest ladies you’ll ever meet. I am so lucky to have such a place just minutes away…awww the lure of a fresh baked scone…mmmm.

One more thing, Barbara’s is also a year round gift shop that specializes in Christmas decor, so if you’re the type that loves Christmas in July, do yourself a favor and visit her soon. I plan on having our Christmas party there because I could think of no other place that would do it quite like Barbara’s Tea House.

Queen Barbara's Tea

I love that she named this tea after herself! You’d do it too, don’t even lie. Anyway, in a word- Wonderful. Everything is made fresh. I know this seems like a strange way to introduce the quality of food, but for those of you that have been to Tea Houses you’ll know how important that is. I’ve been to places where they bought the scones from somewhere else and served desserts from Costco and charged twice the price. When you’re paying $25 for a meal that doesn’t include a cocktail, you at least expect fresh, and that’s what you’ll get here. I mean, I could buy Pepperidge Farm cookies and drop a tea bag in hot water at home, what you pay for is the WHOLE EXPERIENCE, and Barbara’s delivers. Everything is homemade—yum!

The Queen Barbara’s Tea includes: a gourmet quiche, assorted tea sandwiches, raspberry vinaigrette salad, chocolate dipped strawberry, homemade desserts, fresh fruit, warm scone, mock devonshire cream, preserves, lemon curd, freshly steeped tea and an Afternoon Tea Keepsake (which is usually a decorative tea spoon). You can also order The Lady Lucy’s Tea for $22 and get everything I listed minus the keepsake, which in this Tea Lovers opinion is a great value!

Barbara's Victorian Tea House

Horrible experience...if I could give no stars I would.

If I could give no stars I would…we didn’t even finish our meal as it was completely uncomfortable, unprofessional, and inhospitable throughout the entire meal. CHOOSE ANOTHER TEAHOUSE.

I was invited by a my neighbor on our first luncheon & I was very excited to go out with my little girl for our first tea party unfortunately the entire experience from making reservations to leaving the tea house was HORRIBLE!!!  Below are the bullet points of the unprofessional ism:
-First my friend had called to make reservations, she was confirmed personally by Barbra’s daughter. Then called back and told she had no reservation. THIS IS A RED FLAG.  So she made another reservation.
-parking lot was filled with rock gravel. Not to appealing for a Victorian tea house & not enough parking told to “park in the street”.
-We then entered waited by Crystal (another one of Barbra’s daughters). Crystal was overwhelmed by the addition of a 7 year old little girl to reservation.
-After waiting, more then 10 minutes to sit us down in the entry table we had been standing in front of (by the way it seated 6 people). Then in a condescending tone Crystal says, "your lucky we had a cancelation if not we could not serve you. Later, I walked around and noticed another table that also seated 6 was empty the entire time we were there.
-The food was placed on table by Crystal – didn’t tell us where to sit as the adults have a different meal then the kids.  All we saw were fruits and sandwiches. NO PRICING MENU
-As were trying to figure out who’s food is who’s, I ask Crystal and she points out that we were served 3 adult meals and a child’s meal.  I mentioned to her that my niece is 7 and she said, “She eats more, so she’s an adult!”
-Next, Barbra comes around and thinking she is the owner I let her know her daughters comment about the child being charge for an adult and she says, “oh no, she’s  a child”.  I repeated this to Crystal and she said, “no she’s an adult.” NO COMMUNICATION between Barbra and her staff/daughters.
-Finally we get to the tea part of our lunch and waitress says, “What tea do you want?” my friend and I look at each other and say what are our choices? Then we are given the rude response, “the menu is right there!” again, no one pointed this out to us. The tea is served in a pot, no tea bags, and no creamer.
-My 3 year old start dancing next to her chair like a ballerina because of the classical music playing in the background and is quickly barked by Crystal, “she needs to sit down.”
-The kids pink lemonade is all watered down.  No lemonade flavor.
- The scones come & don’t look like scones but muffins.
-Part of the charm of being at this particular tea house is being able to walk around and go upstairs. Of course they let a regular customer go upstairs but not us.
-we didn’t even  finish our meal as it is completely uncomfortable, unprofessional, and inhospitable throughout our stay. I asked for the check and the bill is $78.00. They were charging me $19.00 per child for small bowl of fruit, water down lemonade, wonder bread sandwich cut small triangles. Again, I was not aware of the outrages pricing for kids and took my 3 year old daughter and 7 year old niece with no pricing menu at the table. I just paid for it and was on my way out.
-My friend made a comment on out way out to the effect we would have to stop by McDonalds to feed our girls and Barbras teenage daughter yelled something like, “well get out and leave to McDonalds”.  And then quickly locked the door. This was the straw the broke the camels back.  We knocked on the door and finally Barbra came out.
-I explained our horrible experience. She quickly blamed my three year old daughter for our bad experience saying she could not sit still.  I went over the points of our horrible meal. She agreed it was bad and said, she would talk to the daughter who yelled at us as we were walking out.  Then continued to blame my daughter again. I explained to her again that she had nothing to do with the service and left it at that. Barbra herself also does not have common sense as she blamed a 3 year old little girl.

Queen Barbara's Tea

Water down, tea and lomonade. No tea bags no creamer for tea.

Barbara's Victorian Tea House is located near the cities of Alta Loma, Cucamonga, and Guasti.
People found this by searching for: Barbara's Tea House, Ranch Cucamonga, Rancho Cucamonga Tea House, Tea Time In Rancho Cucamonga, Ca, Tea House In Rancho Cucamonga, Tea House Rancho Cucamonga Ca, Tea House Events Rancho Cucamonga, Barbara Victorian Tea House, Barbara's Victorian Tea House, and Barbara's Tea House.

Koyla Indian Restaurant
Sycamore Inn Prime Steakhouse, The
Cask 'n Cleaver
Gyu-Kaku
Five Guys

Link to Barbara's Victorian Tea House

Barbara's Victorian Tea House  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%
Pros
  •  "This is a great place for tea and for a terrific experience. The food and ambiance made our experience very special. We will definitely return!"
Comments
  •  "A little "haven" for everyone!"