262-658-1966

1212 58th St ( )

Kenosha, WI 53140-4093

Description: Bartley House is a Breakfast, Kid's Menu, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Downtown, Dinner, Good for groups, Breakfast, Takeout, Kid's Menu, Burgers, African, Steak, and American
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Bartley House
  • 2 users want to eat at Bartley House
  • 1 user loves Bartley House

Reviews for Bartley House

4.0

Kinda Cheesy.. but Charming

I have lived in the area for a number of years… heard about this place… but never went. Well until Saturday. Thought my boyfriend and I would try it. I was impressed…actually. we went to the bar for a drink. asked the bartender for a table… within 20 min… they seated us… said there was a cancelation. Great… the waitress came over to us at the bar… was helpful in choosing entrees… and we placed our order for the appetizer and entrees. She came back to seat us when it was time… took our drinks to the table (big plus)… and I’ll add the staff all wears the white tux shirts. and black slacks… at the table we had kidney bean salad and cottage cheese… yum to both… he had the onion dumpling soup..and I a salad with their house dressing which is a celery root .. kinda too sweet but when added a drop at a time… yum… very tasty. the appetizer was a sampler platter… wasn’t overly impressed… clams were like the dust at the bottom of the bag… rangoon… blah and greasy… some liver wrapped in bacon… which my boyfriend wanted and I said i would try… which I did… and so now I don’t have to ever again ;) .. it was ok… I wouldn’t order the sampler again. I ordered the orange roughy for dinner and he ordered the prime rib. as sides we got the twice baked potato and asparagus… orange roughy… cooked perfectly great flavor… nice portion and presentation. Prime rib… was perfectly cooked… couldhave used a touch more flavor… but very tasty. twice baked potato… was great… asparagus were perfectly done… not soggy..not cold… not too tough… however, they were coated in something and I didn’t love them… but they were good.

no desert… no room… Good value for the money. service was fantastic..the manager looking blonde… could have been a mood killer… but I tried not to pay attention to her scowl and arms crossed and hoovering style… back off and apply more dye…makeup whatever it is you need to… you are a buzz kill… good thing the other people make up for your vibe..

Orange Roughy

Very tasty good size portion… cooked perfectly… can’t quite remember the price… but in the ballpark.

+Prime Rib

Can’t quite remember the cost of this entree. Good portion on the plate. could have used a touch more flavor… but was cooked well… tender and juicy… overall a delicious cut.

4.0

Irish? maybe

The Bartley House in Kenosha, WI has been one of my favorites for some time. The food and service is impeccable. One of the few gems that still allows smoking while having cocktails and waiting. While it seems to be an older crowd, Bartley house is consistent in it’s attention to the customer. Friendly and fun bartenders and waitresses who know what they’re doing and bring the old “professional” style back to waiting table.
Steak is most definitely the top performer on the menu, cooked to perfection with twice baked potato and always fresh salads. But, their seafood also ranks high. They offer some of the best Shrimp DeJonghe around. Make sure to check them out…as they’re tucked away in a most unusual location. Make sure to tip the guard who stands out front, he’s always there and friendly to add to the overall service. Great job!

Top Sirloin

Cooked to perfection! Tender and delicious!

Horrible

Since this was the first Friday of Lent, we thought we would like a Friday fish fry. A friend of mine told me that The Bartley House was a fine restaurant and that we should try it sometime. I saw in the Kenosha News Weekend section that this restaurant had a fish fry special and we decided to give it a try. We made a reservation for 8:00pm and arrived at 7:55. We checked in with the “Hostess” and were curtly told we were waiting for tables even though we saw 2 open tables. We then waited until 8:15 and now 4 open tables and still the “Hostess” completely ignored us. We then put our coats and left. We wish we could have reviewed the food but we never had the chance. Our thoughts upon leaving were that the “Hostess” must be a family member with teflon work status.

2.0

What a disappointment!!!!

The Bartley House is supposed to be a Kenosha institution for good food. I emphasize the “supposed to be” in this review. Well parking was great and the guard was very nice. Tipped him to for the trouble. This is not in the best area of Kenosha mind you. Walking in we were greated with a very neighborhood bar/ resturant vibe. I was honestly excited, as was my dad who said this is going to be good! We were greeted/seated promptly and pleasantly. the waitress arrived shortly and was fine and business like during the whole meal. No complaints there. We ordered drinks and they came in quick time. They were good for the most part. More about the bar bill later. First we put in an appetizer order. We ordered the sampler. This had (fried clams, crab rangoon, chicken livers in bacon, and eggrolls), honestly everything was over cooked with the exception of the crab rangoon. There was some sort of mustard sauce on the plate that was just “NOT GOOD AT ALL” this is being nice. I think we might be in trouble at this point. We also were given the basket of crakers and breadsticks with the bean salad and cottage cheese. The cottage cheese might have been the highlight of the evening. Next came the soup and salad. the Bartely House’s self proclaimed “incomparable” clam chowder was absolute garbage. The salad was fine. Here is a hint for the cooks “TRY SOME SEASONING ON YOUR MEAT”. When looking at the menu we noticed almost everthing was “MP market price”. This just drives me crazy. My wife got the prime rib and I the New York strip steak. The prime rib cut was genorous and just lacked seasoning. It was fair at best. The New York strip steak was just bad to be nice. We ordered them,medium and medium rare and they were tough and had no flavor. We also orderd the twiced baked with our meal and that was totally dried out and borderline garbage. Coffee was good,and drinks were cheap. This was the only saving grace. Saying the whole experice was a disappointment is an understatement. Will I ever go back, NO, should you go, NO.

New York strip

Bartley House is located near the cities of Noblesville.
People found this by searching for: Bartley House Kenosha Wi, Bartley House In Kenosha Wi, Bartley House, Bartley House Kenosha, The Bartley House, Bartley House, Kenosha, Wi, and Bartley House Kenosha Wisconsin.

Secret Garden Cafe
Bull and Bear Eatery & Tavern
China House
Tacos To Go
Jack's Cozy Cafe

Loves Bartley House (1)

Wants to Try Bartley House (2)

excell1000