Basta Pasta

4.0 rating over 1 review

410-308-0838

60 West Timonium Road ( )

Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093

View Hours
Description: Basta Pasta is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Italian, Parking, Catering, Dinner, Lunch, Good for groups, Takeout, Gluten Free, European, and Seafood
  • 3 dishes entered by diners at Basta Pasta

From OpenTable:

For years, Basta Pasta had established itself as a cornerstone for diners in Harford County. We are now bringing the experience closer to the Baltimore Metro area in Timonium . You can enjoy a memorable dining experience in any of our 6 intimate dining rooms . We feature hearty, traditional regional Italian cousine. Abundance of options and generous portions of Pasta, Seafood, Veal, Steaks and hand tossed Pizza. Private dining is available for parties up to 70 guests.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Reviews for Basta Pasta

Basta Pasta

4.0

A visit to the new Basta Pasta of Timonium

Basta Pasta of Fallston has just recently opened a new location in the old Steak & Ale restaurant in Timonium. After hearing good things about the original location I thought I would check the new place out.

When you walk in you are greeted with the familiar look of the old Steak & Ale with a facelift of new paint, flooring and granite. The main color of the walls reminded me of the spice dry ground mustard and accented in a light rust color- the feel of Tuscany. It kept the seven separate dining areas and a lot of wood the old Steak & Ale boasted but it isn’t as dark and dim inside. The bar has a modern vibe with the bottles displayed on a multi-color changing island.

The menu offers a variety of Italian and seafood dishes from appetizers, pizza, pasta, veal, chicken, shrimp and scallops. It also offers daily soup and entrées.

We started with the Fried Zucchini ($6.95) – fresh hand breaded zucchini served with its marinara sauce. I was glad to find out that the zucchini was nicely cooked and not mushy. The marinara perfectly seasoned and had a slight sweetness to it.

Salad and homemade breadsticks are served with all entrées. The salad is served in a large bowl similar to what you find at Olive Garden. The breadsticks were warm and soft with a nice buttery garlic flavor to them.

For dinner I had the Chicken Saltimboca ($18.95) – chicken breast sautéed in a lemon wine sauce topped with prosciutto ham, melted mozzarella cheese, on a bed of spinach and served with pasta with marinara sauce. The chicken was moist and the sauce was had a nice consistency and lots of flavor.

My Husband had the Chicken Parmigiana ($15.95)- boneless chicken breast, breaded, sautéed and baked with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and served with pasta with marinara sauce. The chicken was moist and smothered in the tasty marinara served with the fried zucchini.

The service staff was friendly and willing to offer their opinions. We arrived around 4:30 for an early dinner but by the time we left the tables were getting pretty full.

The only downfalls I found where that the time between getting our salad and breadsticks and main entrées was quick- we weren’t done eating salad when our dinners were served. The second was that I felt as thought the bus boys were hovering (almost as if they were lost) and always walking by which made me feel watched. Neither will stop us from coming back in the near future.

Fried Zucchini