Belamari Tea Room

5.0 rating over 1 review
198 Diamond Bridge Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ 07506

Cuisine: Tea, Lunch, Breakfast

Belamari Tea Room is a Tea, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

MotherGrizzly photo

MotherGrizzly

Ridgewood, NJ
Belamari Tea Room 5.0

High Tea has Never Been So Good--Belamari Tea Room

For a special outing, my two sisters, Mother, and I visit the enchanting Belamari Tea Room for their high tea. This small tea house, located in Hawthorne, NJ, is a wonderful eatery in which you can sample some delicious loose leaf tea, and all of the comforts of tea fare. Family owned and operated, the Belamari Tea Room has become our “Ladies Who Lunch” staple when we want to celebrate a special occasion, like a birthday or an engagement.

Inside, several tables are close together as patrons sit and enjoy a full teapot of great tea—wrapped in a decorative cozy, the teapot stays warm as you linger over some delicious scones (the best ever!), lemon curd, and cucumber sandwiches. With over twenty-five teas to choose, there is really a flavor for everyone. Although I adore chai tea, I tend to gravitate to their blend of chamomile, rosehips, and peppermint tea. It’s floral and really refreshing.

Reservations are required for the full afternoon tea. Served on a delicate three-tiered tray, the pastries and small finger sandwiches are fresh and seasonal. The clotted cream and lemon curd are such amazing treats to sample—and there is definitely enough for the four of us as we enjoy the sampling of goodies during our full afternoon tea. Thankfully, loose tea, sugar cubes, preserves, and lemon curd are available for purchase as well. I often leave the eatery armed with my favorite tea and some luxurious sugar cubes.

The Belamari Tea Room caters and hosts parties as well. Because the interior is so inviting and well-appointed, it would be a wonderful spot to host a bridal shower or birthday party. They even host parties for children, which I would have loved as a young girl—to have a tea party with my dolls! What fun.

In an age of speed and efficiency, it’s wonderful to have a spot like the Belamari Tea Room to remind us of the simple pleasures that come from slowing down and enjoying a wonderfully brewed cup of tea. I definitely recommend that you stop buy and check out this unique establishment on any Wednesday through Saturday, from 11:00 – 4:30PM.

High Tea Sampler

Featuring small pastries, delicious sandwiches, and more—this high tea sampler made a huge impact on my palate. I loved the salmon on the finger sandwiches, the tart goodness of the lemon curd. Each sweet pastry is crafted with care and tastes fresh. It’s hard to share when you want to eat every morsel yourself!

Tea Lunch Breakfast

Belamari Tea Room  Restaurant Reviews

• 08/10/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Belamari Tea Room is located near the cities of Glen Rock, Fair Lawn, Prospect Park, North Haledon, and Haledon.
People found this by searching for: Belamari Tea Room, "Tea House Hawthorne Nj", Belamari Tea Room Hawthorne Nj, Tea House In Hawthorne Nj, Tea Houses In Nj, Belamari Tea Room Hawthorne, English Tea In Hawthorne Nj, and Tea Houses In Northern Nj.