May 31 - Jun 14, 2015 25 restaurants with special menus during NYC African Restaurant Week!

Benjamin Steakhouse

212-297-9177

52 E 41st St ( )

New York, NY 10017

Neighborhoods: Flatlands

Tags: Steakhouse, Catering, Parking, Online Ordering, Sandwiches, Salads, Traditional, Good For Kids, Business Dining, and Private Parties
  • 134 dishes entered by diners at Benjamin Steakhouse
Tips:
  • The upstairs lounge, lined with leather banquettes, is spacious enough to accommodate after-work soirees.
  • Dining is not required, so cocktailers can pop in for an after-work drink.
  • Try the signature Alchemist cocktail, an iced tea-like concoction of rum, pineapple juice and amaretto, or a martini made with smooth Swiss glacier vodka Xellent.
  • Sit in the burgundy leather booths in back to avoid the otherwise un-intimate, white-clothed atmosphere.

Reviews for Benjamin Steakhouse

• 3 reviews
  • First reviewed by jpb204

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Benjamin Steakhouse

Worth it!

Wow, this place is impressive. There is no other way to put it, Benjamin’s is a class establishment; their food, service, and style rivals any restaurant in the city.

So first things first, the food. Grilled Canadian bacon (yes, you read that right) is a must try, trust me. If you’re looking for something lighter, go for the fresh crab salad if it’s on the menu. As for the steak, well that’s a matter of taste, but I’d suggest the Cajun dry rub if you’re going for anything other than a Fillet.

The service, and resulting atmosphere here, is so good it’s silly. The GM is always right down by the host stand, greeting the regulars with a handshake and conversation. The waiters are completely on top of it at any and all moments. Even the owner has been on the floor the few times I’ve been here. All this results in a familial feel, and while that is of course part of the show, it’s a very welcome, and I’d say authentic show.

Of course it’s not cheap, but really, it’s not unduly expensive for a top-notch steak house. I’ve eaten my fair share of meat (and by that I mean steak) over the years. Steak wise this place beats out every establishment but Pappas Brothers, but to go there you’d have to travel to Houston, and lets be honest, no one wants to do that.

Steak For Two

The entree really was a huge Porterhouse, cut in little slices and served in a big platter that is tilted, so as to allow the au jus to accumulate on one end of the platter for ease of serving.

January 28, 2011

Best steakhouse I've ever been to

Admittedly, I'm not a huge steak eater and we don't visit steakhouses too often but I think we know what a good steak should taste like. And this one is a real winner. The one huge plus about the place is that you don't need to go all the…

October 26, 2010

One of my top 3 meal in my lifetime!!!

My mother and I took my daughter to NY this weekend for her tenth birthday. We asked the concierge on a recommendation on a good steakhouse -- and WOW did we get a good tip. We had 5:30 reservations -- which made little to no wait on the…

Benjamin Steakhouse is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: Benjamin Steakhouse Menu, Benjamin's Steakhouse Menu, Lovely Food Deliveries 52 East 41st Street Ny 10017, Benjamins Nyc Gluten, Benjamins Nyc Kosher Steak, Benjamin Steak House 52 East 41st Street, New York, Ny, and How Expensive Is Benjamins Steakhouse.

Per Se

Del Posto

Italian in Chelsea

Listed On

Best Steak in New York by foodha

Note: NYmag says this is the place to go for "serious steak".

Nearby Restaurants