610-882-1300

569 Main St ( )

Bethlehem, PA 18018-5810

Description: Bethlehem Brew Works is a Beer, American, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Beer, Bethlehem, American, Sandwiches, Kindlemart, Musikfest, Service, POOR, Eat, and Barbecue
  • 6 dishes entered by diners at Bethlehem Brew Works
  • 1 user wants to eat at Bethlehem Brew Works

Pros

• "Fast and friendly service and exceptional food!"

Reviews for Bethlehem Brew Works

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by RJones

2.0

The name says it all.

It is a brew works, so of course they have beer, and a large assortment at that. My boyfriend tried the sampler and had a tremendous amount of beer served to him for only $8. He seemed to like most of them. Now he has had samplers at other breweries and I will have to say the only down side to the sampler at BBW was that there was no card saying what each beer was. I stuck with martinis, priced about right with good taste! Now our reason for stopping was we had an hour to kill before our dinner reservations and we wanted a quick bite with some drinks…BOY, did we make a mistake with our order! We decided to go simple and get the sipnach artichoke dip with our drinks to snack on while we waited…and it was DISGUSTING! DO NOT ORDER IT! I have heard that other items on their menu are ok, but this was just inedible. I am not sure what they were thinking.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! I wouldnt order that again if it was free and they were giving it away…it was really that bad!

3.0

Come for the beer and atmosphere, eat elsewhere

Despite having been to the Bethlehem Brew Works on numerous occasions, I don’t recall much of the food. It has ranged from average (their own make veggie burger) to horrifying (spinach artichoke dip – absolutely inediable). Several items on the menu sound very good from the descriptions, but so far everything I or my dining companions have ordered has been disappointing. What the Brew Works has going for it is their award wining brews and fun atmosphere. The interior décor is industrial and well done with pipes and screws framing booths and copper beer vats lining windows. Come for the bar, especially with friends for the happy hour specials. The menu offers sampler items of their custom beers and also of their scotch selection.

Add/Show Comments (1)

Restaurant Week Let Down

Planned on heading to the Depot for a nice dinner durning Restaurant week. However, contrary to the times posted on their website, they are only server food until 8pm on Tuesday Nights. Trying to salvage the night we headed over to the Brew Works for a “safe” meal.
In retrospect it was a bad move. An hour later and $60 less rich, we left VERY disapointed. Okay, so the brew works was never really known for its cullenary magic, but they have had some things that were pretty fine. To name a few; Cheese Soup, Chili, Chicken BBQ Sandwich, Kobe Burger, etc. However, their dinners and salads are really poor. Started with Chili. That was actually very good. The spinach dip just doesn’t move me. First off it is served with chips, second it is weak. The special Ravioli in the vodka sauce would have lost a battle to canned Chef Boyardee. It was truely bad. The buffalo chicken salad was also really week. Poor choice on my part, but I was expecting something slightly better than low grade chicken fingers drenched in overly spicy and not so tasty sauce. The salad was straight from a bag of mixed iceberg, carrot shreads, and cabbage. Just not so good.
Okay maybe they can turn it around with desert, right? No. Definitly not. It sounded great, but wasn’t. Apple Crisp, but they ran out of Ice Cream. Even if they would have had the ice cream it would have been poor. The Cranberry Apple Bread Pudding seemed like a sure win. Once again, no. It was semi dry and flavorless.
Stick to the sandwiches and the beers. The kobe burger is great even for $15.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Week and runny. Served with tortilla chips that aren’t the greatest.

Chili

The chili is pretty darn good. Slightly sweet and simple. Unlike the Spinach dip, the chili tasted good with the tortilla chips dipped in it.

5 Cheese Ravioli in Vodka Sauce

Skip it. It is just bad. The basil flavor was overwhelming.

Buffalo Chicken Salad

Skip it. Let’s face it a buger is just as healthy and much tastier.

Apple Crisp

Skip it. Go to Wawa and eat a cookie. It will be more satisfying.

Cranberry Apple Bread Pudding

It is okay, but you could walk up the street to on of the coffee shops and get something much better. In fact, the coffee shop next to the Apollo Grill is REALLY Yummy and really cheap as well. Check it out if you get the chance. It is so good I even skip desert at the Apollo and head there.

Add/Show Comments (1)

4.0

Suberbly Brewed Beer - period!

Rating is for Beer only. Far too many high calorie fried food offerings for my tastes. Definitely lower class unhealthy bar food in my estimation. I go here to have their premises brewed beer, period! If I am going to do something “unhealthy and highly caloric” let it be the beer…!

2.0

Could be so good, but always poor service

Although their staff makes me want to say horrible, the food is average and the beer really is good. What makes me frustrated is I really want to like this place. It’s so close to everything that goes on, and really is a staple to the area.
Time after time, STARTING from the hostesses we get bad service. The staff seems “snobby” to be honest and the lack of adult supervision shows. The hostesses have no idea what’s going on, they are simply rude and snippy. We always hope to get past them and get a good server. It never happens. My wife and I were both servers when we were younger. We aren’t those demanding people, in fact I usually never go online and write bad reviews. Normally I’d call and let a manager know, but I have to be honest, if I called right now, I don’t think anyone would care. My hopes is that the ownership reads this. We tip big, we usually just expect decent service and we simply never get it here. It’s always a let down. This visit will be our last.

3.0

Not "upscale," but better than larger chain restaurants

My dining partner and I went here on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago for lunch. Being a big beer fan, he ordered one of their in-house crafted beers – a light beer for summer with bitter undertones and a medium amount of hops – and I ordered one of their martinis, “The Kamikaze Kosmo”, which was basically a cosmo made with flavored instead of plain vodka but was still enjoyable. It was also only $5, since they have select martinis for $5 on Sunday.

As an appetizer with drinks, we ordered the nachos. They were average, better than some I’ve had at other chain restaurants, and piled high with toppings. The serving was plenty to share with at least four or five people, but we managed to plow through most of them… ;)

For lunch, my dining partner ordered the french dip sandwich, which came with a bowl of cheddar and beer soup for dipping instead of au jus, and I ordered the crab cake sandwich, which came with a flavored mayo on the side. My dining partner said that the french dip was good, but a little too heavy because of the beer and cheese soup dipping sauce, and my sandwich was just average.

I liked the atmosphere, which was much nicer than larger chain restaurants like Fridays and Applebees, and I also liked the fact that they offer free tours and samples at their Allentown location. We actually went on the tour the following week. While we were underwhelmed by the actual tour and information session, the bartender was pleasant and he allowed us to pretty much sample anything that was on tap since we were a small group. Between the two of us, we sampled 8 of the different beers. Craving more “upscale” food, we decided to go elsewhere for lunch after the tasting, though…

Bethlehem Brew Works is located near the cities of Freemansburg, Fountain Hill, Butztown, and Saucon Valley Terrace.
People found this by searching for: Bethlehem Brew Works Calories, Bethlehem Brew Works Nutrition Information, Bethlehem Brew Works Menu, Brewworks Nutrition Information, Brew Works Nutritional Facts, Brew Works Bartender, Bethlehem Brew Works Newspaper Review, and Bethlehem Brew Works Nutrition.

Yianni's Taverna