Big Pecker's Bar & Grill

410-723-0690

7301 Coastal Highway ( )

Ocean City, MD 21842

Description: Big Pecker's Bar & Grill is a American, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Dinner, Lunch, Good for groups, Breakfast, Ice Cream, Cafe, Takeout, Good For Kids, and Grill

Reviews for Big Pecker's Bar & Grill

Big Pecker's Bar & Grill

2.0

Mediocre Food, good to sit outside!

Funny name, weak food. This is the second time I’ve been to Big Peckers bar & grill in Ocean City and both times I’ve been left drunkenly wondering why I ate what I ate.

Let me start by saying that few places in Ocean City serve GOOD food. In my opinion most of these places get by on quantity sales alone. That said, Big Peckers fits right in with the rest.

FOOD:: The food leaves a lot to be desired. We ordered nachos for an appetizer, a burger, a taco salad, and a crab cake sandwich. The nachos came out as a gigantic gluttonous blob. Fine, by normal rules, but somehow the flavors just weren’t working out and instead tasted like something I made in high school. My spicy burger came out very much NOT spicy. No problem, but it was also fairly bland as well. My girlfriend split her taco salad with a friend and neither particularly cared for it citing ‘greasy’ flavors at the end. I had previously tried the tacos and my friend tried the burritos- both left us feeling kinda sick and uncomfortable. You can find better elsewhere.

BOOZE:: The bartenders do a great job with the mixed drinks. My ‘Deck Party’ was quite good as was my guest’s ‘Sex on the Beach’. Both were mixed well and [as I recall] reasonably priced.

ATMOSPHERE:: Big Peckers’ saving grace is the outdoor seating. Gigantic outdoor booths roll back and forth like a porch swing allowing you to rock away your grease-induced food coma. On a nice summer night, it’s hard to beat. If you get seated inside, you’re missing out on the one thing that separates Big Peckers from any other bar in OC.

SERVICE:: Service is slow, but friendly. Both times I’ve been have been busy, but seemingly manageable and still we waited quite some time for service. Drinks remained empty with our waitress passing by several times.

OVERALL:: If you’re in it for the funny name, that’s one thing. If you’re looking for good food in Ocean City, this really isn’t it. If you HAVE to eat in the area, try The Green Turtle up the street. (93rd?). Similar price bracket but with flavorful food and AWESOME beer selections.

November 3, 2008

Great Food

Big Peckers is a great restaurant and it has a very family friendly atmosphere. The prices and service are great. You can sit inside or outside, either is great. They accomidate large parties very well. The food is amazing; I would…

April 9, 2008

Great Food!

My entire family loves this place! Their food is outstanding and their staff is always fun! I love that you can buy t-shirts and glass and stuff. You can eat outside or in.

Big Pecker's Bar & Grill is located near the cities of West Ocean City and Ocean Pines.
People found this by searching for: Big Peckers Ocean City Menu, Big Peckers Ocean City Md, Big Peckers, Big Peckers Ocmd, Big Peckers Bar And Grill Menu, Big Peckers Ocean City, Big Peckers Menu, and Big Peckers Ocean City Md Menu.

Pizza Tugos
Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel
Fresco's
Five Guys
Five Guys

Link to Big Pecker's Bar & Grill

Big Pecker's Bar & Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  82%  Food:  85%  Service:  91%  Ambiance:  81%
Pros
  •  "Atmosphere"
  •  "The waitress was very nice!!!"
  •  "Horrible"
  •  "Burgers"
Cons
  •  "Nothing"
  •  "Food!service!"
Comments
  •  "Did I mention the waitress was very nice!"