704-872-4200

125 N Center St ( )

Statesville, NC 28677

Description: Black Angus Grille is a American, Bistro, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Bistro, Downtown, Poor Customer Service, Lawsuit, and Steak
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Black Angus Grille
Diner Log for Black Angus Grille:
  • 06/28/2013 - A diner from Birmingham, AL tried it and liked it.
  • 07/24/2013 - A diner hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 08/05/2013 - A diner from Mooresville, NC tried it and didn't like it.
  • 09/24/2013 - A diner from Oceanside, CA hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 10/08/2013 - A diner from Clarksville, TN hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 12/12/2013 - A diner from Asheville, NC hasn't been here but wants to try it.
  • 01/26/2014 - A diner from Greenwich, CT tried it and liked it.
  • 03/19/2014 - A diner from Greenwich, CT hasn't been here but wants to try it.

Reviews for Black Angus Grille

Black Angus Grille

Don't Always Believe What People Write!

My Husband & I have dinner here on a regular basis and have never had a bad experience. The food is always delicious and the service is exceptional. You cannot get a better steak in this county. Don’t believe what some of these people say, as they don’t even leave their real names. Try it out for yourself, you will definitely be back.

The best!

Amazing!

I recently went to eat at The Black Angus Grille & loved it. The food was really good. Our server was actually really nice. Like it says i presented my groupon before we ordered & there was no problem! I recommend the ribeye! Its delicious!

Loved the ribeye!

Terrible Customer Service

My wife and I decided to go to Black Angus Grille for dinner because we had a coupon from this restaurant. We had planned a really nice dinner and we were going on a horse and buggy ride after!! It was a Friday night and we were the only people in the restaurant. After we ate we gave the coupon to the waitress. The waitress came back and said we have to use the coupon before we order!!! Well, I could understand if the restaurant was packed but it wasn’t. When we receive our receipt someone included a 20% gratuity in our ticket. The last I checked gratuity was an option. This type of service might have something to do with the empty tables. The restaurant has to remember customer service isn’t everything. It’s the only thing!

Add/Show Comments (3)

Great Party!

We had our office party here this weekend and it was great. The restaurant was packed and we still received excellent service. The food is the best in town. We can’t wait until next year!

Add/Show Comments (2)

Travelers Beware

On September 8, 2010 We were traveling back from a weekend in Cherokee NC, and made the worse dining mistake of our lives. The place was creepy when you walk in with all the stuffed animals on the wall (don’t know how they get away with all the dirt with the health department). We ordered drinks and appetizers; the waiter came back to take our order, husband ordered a full meal but I just wanted a salad to go along with my appetizer and adult beverage. Everything is fine and then the waiter comes back to our table and tells us he is training someone tonight and although he is sorry he will have to charge us a “sur-charge of $10.00 because only one of us ordered an entree”
WHAT, yes if you look very closely at the fine print on the menu it says they will charge you extra if you don’t order a full meal. The waiter apologizes and says he doesn’t always enforce this rule but tonight he has too. What a scam, we refused to pay the additional surcharge and asked for our check. The waiter brings our check we pay with a debt card and then the manager comes to our table and says that our appetizers were already started so we will have to wait for them. We stand up to leave and the manager threaten to call the Sheriff. We agree that’s a good idea, when we leave we pay the waiter in cash ($20 for two drinks that were 7.50 each) and leave. The next day the Angus Grill charges our debt account $36.79! We refused the charge but the bank said they had our debit card number and we were responsible. It’s a small town and later that night the Hotel clerk said so just forget those people are connected to the Sheriff in this town and they get away with lots of things, consider yourselves luck you didn’t eat the food!

Vodka Tonic

Nothing special but a drink as ordered

Add/Show Comments (1)

FANTASTIC!!!

Move over Ruth’s Chris & Morton’s! The food & atmosphere was exceptional. By far the best ribeye I have ever eaten….We will be back again…great experience for sure!

Amazing!

Black Angus Grille

do not spend your time or money here

The management (owner) was not cooperative. The food was average at best. Service was okay. But the billing was incorrect and gratuity was added at 20% instead of 18% like printed on the menu. To make a long story short, please do not go to this restaurant. The others in our large party was also dissatisfied.

ribeye steak

Steak was below average, requested steak sauce. The steak sauce out of date.

-1 1

Before you dine here....

Go to the Charlotte Observer Online, or even Google “Restaurant Sues Couple” before you dine here. I sure did, and will never visit this place.

Add/Show Comments (1)

-2 0

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!

DO NOT eat at this restaurant, especially if you want to use any sort of coupon or Groupon. The restaurant refused to honor a Groupon because we didn’t present it at the right time. We presented it halfway through the meal, before any bill was run, but we were told that because we didn’t present it when we were seated, it would not be honored. The server even brought over a copy of a Groupon printout with the fine print marked in yellow highlighter! Really? When we asked for the manager to come explain why it’s so hard to accept a coupon halfway through the meal, the manager, who happened to the owner, REFUSED to even come to our table to talk with us. Seriously? I’ve never been treated so badly at a restaurant – ever. Even if they still want to dishonor the Groupon, at least they can come to the table and tell us.

The food is ok, but overpriced, and decor is horrendous. AVOID this restaurant!!

May 18, 2013

My husband and I and another couple had both bought a \r Groupon . Fortunately, I discovered before we showed up for dinner that the coupon stated that only 1 per table could be used. So, our friends used their coupon last night and we…

Black Angus Grille is located near the cities of Barium Springs, Troutman, and Scotts.
People found this by searching for: Black Angus Grille Statesville Nc, Black Angus Statesville Nc, Black Angus In Statesville Nc, Black Angus Statesville, The Black Angus Grille Statesville Nc, Black Angus Grille Statesville, and Black Angus Steak House S Tatesville Nc.

Featured in Statesville

Link to Black Angus Grille

Black Angus Grille  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  50%  Food:  75%
Pros
  •  "Our server was extremely pleasant & friendly. The food is the best in statesville. "
Cons
  •  "We love everything about this place."
Comments
  •  "Some of the negative comments should be ignored. They are exaggerated & some are completely untrue. We have never experienced anything close to what some people have said. Maybe they should read the terms of the coupons they use and follow them."