Neighborhoods: Mid-Wilshire
Cuisine: Breakfast, American (New), Bistro

LAFoodGod photo

Good Breakfast Spot to take the Fam

Don’t ask me about the name. Yes, I think it’s stupid. No, I don’t think it helps them market or brand themselves in the consumer market. No, it’s no catchy. No, I don’t know what it stands for. Maybe, BIG LADIES DINING or BANKRUPTING LOCAL DINERS. I don’t know. No, it’s not cleaver. Yes, it’s name is close to that other place’s name, BLT. That’s stupid also. Now, stop asking me, the name makes no sense, but who really cares.

It’s nice, casual, a simple place. A good place to take your Mom to breakfast, or Grandma and Grandpa for brunch. That doesn’t mean it’s an old people spot, it just means it’s simple, not loud, the portions are good size, and it’s a little classier. But listen, if you do take them, they’re still probably gonna be cold, they’re still gonna say it’s too loud, they’re still gonna complain that a Fresh Fruit Plate is 8 dollars. It’s ineveitable, their old, and that’s what old people do. There isn’t much else left in life for them to do.

Like BLD, I’ll keep this review simple. I went for breakfast and over all it was good. However, don’t order the Bruleed Grapefruit. They kinda ripped off Snug Harbor’s Baked Grapefruit. But Snug Harbor’s is way better. This Bruleed Grapefruit came out looking like dirty Miguel in the kitchen sploodged all over the top of grapefruit, then sprinkled white sugar on it, then baked it. It looked gross, tasted odd (yes, I tasted it. That’s what I do for you) and Miguel didn’t even cut the grapefruit so it wasn’t easy to eat. Bad Miguel! (I don’t really know if the cook was named Miguel, I’m just guessing and I figure I probably have a 1 in 5 shot. It guess it could also be Juan, Carlos, Jose or Bob.)

My breakfast, the Ode to Butterfields, weird name, was AMAZING! Great dish! I would go back for this dish alone. You should go for this dish alone. Don’t go alone, but go cause you wanna this amazing culinary masterpiece. It starts with a thick homemade English Muffin open faced and stacked above it is tasty thinly sliced Flatiron Steak, a Poached Egg and Cabernet Sauvignon Hollandaise Sauce. I’ve never had Cabernet Sauvignon Hallandaise Sauce, Wow. Combined with a runny egg and a perfect Medium Rare flatiron steak, this dish was a top notched breakfast for me. Substitute the Fingerling Potatoes for Home-fries. The Home-fries, or potatoes are great as well. And they fry them up with hard salami, which adds a wonderful flavor to the potatoes. I’m just mad I didn’t think of it. Well Done Miguel!

Ode To Butterfields

Breakfast American (New) Bistro

BLD  Restaurant Reviews

BLD is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Bld Mid Wilshire, Bld Breakfast, Bld In Mid Wilshire, Bld Restaurant Menu, Bruleed Grapefruit, Breakfast Spots 90036, Carlos' Restaurant Restaurant, and Bld Menu Los Angeles Ca.