Call 7450 Beverly Blvd

LAFoodGod photo

LAFoodGod

BLD 4.0

Good Breakfast Spot to take the Fam

Don’t ask me about the name. Yes, I think it’s stupid. No, I don’t think it helps them market or brand themselves in the consumer market. No, it’s no catchy. No, I don’t know what it stands for. Maybe, BIG LADIES DINING or BANKRUPTING LOCAL DINERS. I don’t know. No, it’s not cleaver. Yes, it’s name is close to that other place’s name, BLT. That’s stupid also. Now, stop asking me, the name makes no sense, but who really cares.

It’s nice, casual, a simple place. A good place to take your Mom to breakfast, or Grandma and Grandpa for brunch. That doesn’t mean it’s an old people spot, it just means it’s simple, not loud, the portions are good size, and it’s a little classier. But listen, if you do take them, they’re still probably gonna be cold, they’re still gonna say it’s too loud, they’re still gonna complain that a Fresh Fruit Plate is 8 dollars. It’s ineveitable, their old, and that’s what old people do. There isn’t much else left in life for them to do.

Like BLD, I’ll keep this review simple. I went for breakfast and over all it was good. However, don’t order the Bruleed Grapefruit. They kinda ripped off Snug Harbor’s Baked Grapefruit. But Snug Harbor’s is way better. This Bruleed Grapefruit came out looking like dirty Miguel in the kitchen sploodged all over the top of grapefruit, then sprinkled white sugar on it, then baked it. It looked gross, tasted odd (yes, I tasted it. That’s what I do for you) and Miguel didn’t even cut the grapefruit so it wasn’t easy to eat. Bad Miguel! (I don’t really know if the cook was named Miguel, I’m just guessing and I figure I probably have a 1 in 5 shot. It guess it could also be Juan, Carlos, Jose or Bob.)

My breakfast, the Ode to Butterfields, weird name, was AMAZING! Great dish! I would go back for this dish alone. You should go for this dish alone. Don’t go alone, but go cause you wanna this amazing culinary masterpiece. It starts with a thick homemade English Muffin open faced and stacked above it is tasty thinly sliced Flatiron Steak, a Poached Egg and Cabernet Sauvignon Hollandaise Sauce. I’ve never had Cabernet Sauvignon Hallandaise Sauce, Wow. Combined with a runny egg and a perfect Medium Rare flatiron steak, this dish was a top notched breakfast for me. Substitute the Fingerling Potatoes for Home-fries. The Home-fries, or potatoes are great as well. And they fry them up with hard salami, which adds a wonderful flavor to the potatoes. I’m just mad I didn’t think of it. Well Done Miguel!

Ode To Butterfields

BLD 1
October 5, 2012

this isnt a burger joint to me, good pancakes though
BLD 2.0
March 21, 2012

Nothing to write home about

I wasn't even going to write this, but because I had a great experience here (not related to the service, mind you), I called to see if I could maybe get someone at the restaurant to send me a menu as a keepsake of that day, whether it be…
BLD 5.0
July 27, 2011

Eat here everyday

Ok, so in my opinion there is no better breakfast spot in LA. BLD has the best eggs EVER. Their, bacon, chicken, lamb, beef is all amazing. Its very pricey btw, but what I say is I gotta eat and I gotta eat good. Service is great,…

Breakfast American (New) Bistro
Tips
  • The back of the restaurant features a tiny specialty food market with items like gourmet coffees, teas, spice rubs, quince paste, saffron and black rice.
  • A long counter with red leather bar stools is a great place to linger over wine and cheese, grab a quick breakfast or burger.
  • The wine list offers about 30 reasonably priced, mostly French and West Coast labels, with 15 selections by-the-glass, as well as specialty beers like Mirror Pond Ale on tap and a full bar.

From OpenTable:

BLD IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR PARTIES OF FIVE OR MORE DURING BRUNCH.

Within its sunny space BLD (breakfast, lunch, dinner) is both a popular neighborhood spot as well as a great destination restaurant. This latest venture of husband and wife team Neal and Amy Knoll Fraser with partner Richard Drapkin, is another successful collaboration of the talented team from Grace Restaurant just down the street. At BLD diners can remain comfortable all day long in a friendly, upscale café atmosphere. The enticing space and the service are approachable from the moment the doors open early in the morning until they finally close late at night. BLD has become the go-to spot for all day gourmet comfort food. House-made pastries, salads, sandwiches, and more feature seasonal ingredients. The all-day charcuterie and artisanal cheese section may just be LA’s answer to the ultimate bar food.

Owner? Claim The Menu

BLD  Restaurant Reviews

BLD is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Carlos' Restaurant Restaurant, Bld Mid Wilshire, Bruleed Grapefruit, Bld Restaurant Menu, Bld Breakfast, Breakfast Spots 90036, Bld Menu Los Angeles Ca, and Bld In Mid Wilshire.