425-746-1222

14045 N.e. 20th Street ( )

Bellevue, WA 98007

Neighborhoods: Crossroads

View Hours
Description: Blue Ginger Korean Grill is a Korean, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Korean, Korean Bbq, Bellevue, Lunch, Breakfast, Parking, Grill, Good for groups, Takeout, and Good For Kids
  • 19 dishes entered by diners at Blue Ginger Korean Grill
  • 1 user wants to eat at Blue Ginger Korean Grill
  • 1 user loves Blue Ginger Korean Grill
Tips:
  • Complete your Asian cuisine with a pick from their extensive selection of imported Asian beers.

Reviews for Blue Ginger Korean Grill

4.0

good, but not cheap, Korean food that's not too far away

If you want the really good stuff, you either have to drive way down south or way up north for some good Korean chow.

This restaurant is in Bellevue and is a little more upscale than most of the Korean places. Service was good though, and the place was clean and nice.

Pricing is more expensive than most of the Korean places (perhaps around 25% more). Portion sizes were generous though, and overall I had a good experience. Food was tasty, though could have been spicer in my opinion.

Definetely worth at least a try.

Kimchee Soondoobu

Pretty good soondobu though I would have liked for it to be spicier, but that’s just me :-)

Premium Kalbi (Boneless)

Meat was extremely juicy. Was definetely happy with this one.

Pretty good!

Korean BBQ restaurant where you can actually grill your own meat is pretty hard to find around here. And plus the restaurant is pretty nice and modern. I haven’t had any bad experiences with the service . . it’s not excellent, but i’d come back for the food. I wouldn’t bother sitting in the back for the sushi menu . . if you’re gonna go to Blue Ginger you have to grill! Just to note: there are two sections of BBQing. if you want to be able to grill all the meats ask to sit in the section to the left of the entrance. They have two different types of grills and in the right section you can’t grill any pork. – don’t ask me why, that’s just how it is!

Bone-in kalbi

Very good! way better than the boneless.

Pork Belly

Fatty, but tasty! Come with kimchee, grill it together for a flavorful party in your mouth!

Seafood Pancake

Great appetizer. super greasy, but sooo good!

Dumpling, rice cake, and veggies soup

Has a name, but i can’t remember. The only non-spicy soup

Bulgoghi

Not so great. The flavoring isn’t the best.

Shrimp tempura and Fried Calamari

Surprisingly good appetizers!

bad service...

this is actually both a japenese and a korean restaurant; they have sushi items. so it doesn’t seem to be very specialized. the restuarant itself seems clean and pretty, but service is consistently bad; you see the waiters hanging around but never really care to come by even when your water glasses are all empty. also, don’t get sushi there. the korean stuff is acceptable (but not good).

Blue Ginger Turned me Off

I might just had a bad dinner that day, but I even don’t quite want to recall my experience last time.

Food here was nothing to credit; long-wait pissed us off, especially when we cant wait to kill the hunger and then thirsty…

No intention to offend any other dinners who enjoyed the atmosphere there, which i think would be worth 2 star; but I just don’t want to give it anther try.

Seafood Pancake

I can only taste green onion but no seafood.

BBQ Pork

It was so salty that we ended up calling for water all the time.

Add/Show Comments (2)

3.0

one of the better korean restaurants in washington -- a t...

one of the better korean restaurants in washington — a tad on the high end, $8 for soontofu. the korean bbq is probably their biggest attraction. service used to be amazing, but now — subpar for what you pay. but if you want quality, you wont be disappointed.

2.0

Avoid eating here unless it's lunch

the lunch deals here are pretty good. But if you’re looking for authentic korean food here’s not the place. the side dishes are sad and the kimchi quality is inconsistent. one small redeeming factor is i like the booths in the restaurant. Very comfy

Bone-in kalbi

i do like this dish and it’s a good deal for lunch. They serve the exact same dish at a much higher price for dinner.

Bulgoghi

So-so. I found it a tad too sweet.

Seafood Soondubu

i suspect this dish is inconsistent because i don’t remember it to be this bad. but the last time i had it, it tasted like a mixture of water and pepper spice.

2.0

ok some let me say ive been here 3 times and...

ok some let me say ive been here 3 times and not by choice, each time with a different group of friends. and each tiem i promised myself i would never go back. the food is actually pretty good but the service is terrible. 3 times 3 horrible experiences.
1)first time, fat guy sitting across the aisle sits down, his shirt button pops off and flies in my food. i ask the manager if i can for only the food we had already eaten up to that point. he says i must pay for everything and makes a scene in front of the restaurant. i throw money at him enough to cover half of the food and i leave :) oh and i almost got in a fight with the fat guy b/c i asked him to pay for the food his button contaminated.
2)2nd time, there were only 2 tables with customers and i ask for extra menus for my friends, waiter says theres no more menus. im like you only have 2 menus in the whole restaurant, he says yes. maybe he didnt understand me b/c he was fob-ish, learn some damn english man.
3)last time, the table next to us caught on fire! no it really did. being as smart i am, instead of getting the hell out before all the gas explodes im standing there taking pictures of the table on fire. the manager yells at me for documenting a possible law suit haha.

4.0

The best Korean BBQ I've had since I've moved to Seattle....

The best Korean BBQ I’ve had since I’ve moved to Seattle.

The restaurant is spacious and comfortable, and the bulgogi is perfect. I love the fact that they have the teppanyaki grill right on the table, because pan cooked bulgogi is just awful. The kimchi is all fresh as is the salad. Personally, I like my bulgogi with a side of grilled garlic and chili peppers, so I just cook them along side the bulgogi.

The service is a bit inconsistent, but the food quality makes up for it adequately. The portions are substantial, but I wouldn’t say it’s reasonably priced. Every time my fiance and I’ve been there it’s been at least $60 for the two of us. Which isn’t terrible when it comes to a great meal.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for great Korean.

3.0

Substitute my to-go order and charge more

I recently went there and order a stone pot bimbimba to go. First of all, I was not sure if it can be ordered to go. I told the lady that I just like to have the hard and cooked rice at the bottom instead of the regular bimbimba. She said “no problem. We can do it.” After picking it up and paying for the hot pot bimbimba, I only realized when I got home that it was just a regular bimbimba over steam rice, and the rice is not even hot. Called the restaurant back and told them that I was being overcharged. The lady replied…“oh, we can not do it, so it was only the regular one.” I asked what about the overcharge? She said that if I really want my money back, next time come eat again. ? hum ?

Dolsot Bibimbab

Not what I ordered.

Add/Show Comments (1)

4.0

Great Korean BBQ. The wait is very long so make sure you ...

Great Korean BBQ. The wait is very long so make sure you have a snack before you go. Overall very happy with the food.

February 4, 2011

WILL NEVER GO BACK! Waitress stole my money!!!!

WAITRESS TIPPED HERSELF EXTRA!!! My credit card was charged more than I put down even after 16% tip. Food was not great. They haven't had sushi for over a year so need to change the name AND the website and quit the false advertising.…

June 9, 2010

It's "OK" not "Great"

Did not know much about K-Food, friends took me there. I thought was pretty good (I can't really tell) but my Korean friend said he did not like the food.

Blue Ginger Korean Grill is located near the cities of Beaux Arts, Medina, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point, and Beaux Arts Village.
People found this by searching for: Blue Ginger Bellevue, Blue Ginger Bellevue Menu, Blue Ginger Restaurant Bellevue, Teppanyaki Bellevue, Blue Ginger Korean Grill, Blue Ginger Restaurant Washington, and Blue Ginger Korean Bellevue.

Tap House Grill

Seafood in Downtown

I Love Sushi (Lake Bellevue)

Sushi in Overlake

Cold Cone Creamery

Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt in Lake Hills

Maggiano's Little Italy

Italian in Downtown

Daniel's Broiler

Steak in Downtown

55df05daa766326943b203930fa04f83

Loves Blue Ginger Korean Grill (1)

PriyaPuri