Bob Chinns Crab House

393 S Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090

Cuisine: Seafood, Lunch, Steak

Bob Chinns Crab House is a Seafood, Lunch, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Ok"
tulips500 photo

tulips500

excellent seafood & good "clean" fun

dining at bob chinns crab house is more of an experience than just a regular food outing. i’d highly recommend a group nite out at bob chinns not only for the fun atmosphere (that’s very contagious), but also for their primo seafood selections. be ready to get down & dirty to eat your crab. i will definitely be returning to bob chinns if i’m ever back in the area.

feizheng3 photo

feizheng3

Chicago, IL

yummy yummy seafood

I visited this place with 2 of my friends and really found this place to be a great place for seafood. The place isn’t too big, but not too small either. One of the most interesting things about this place is that there is a sink in the middle of the restaurant, which make it very convenient to wash your hands before you eat.

Not only do they have great food, they also have very tasty free garlic bread. However, depending on what you order, the bill can be quite high. I ended up paying for both of my friends and had to fork out over $90. But, it was really good food!

Alaskan Bairdi Snow Crab

Very juicy and fresh! If I had more $$ and an extra stomach, I would have ordered another one.

HeatherHart photo

HeatherHart

Grayslake, IL
Bob Chinns Crab House 3.0

The seafood was wonderfully fresh, however my...

The seafood was wonderfully fresh, however my experice left me wanting… The waitstaff was extremely helpful and took care of our large group (about 50) very well. Our appetizers & entrees were clearly made with high qualitiy shrimp, crab, lobster, etc – yet the recipies were nothing spectacular. The breading on the coconut shrimp was similar to what you’d find at any pub, the fried calamari was cooked perfectly (not chewy) but the breading lacked seasoning, and I loved the crab vermicelli… but the asian sauce almost over powered the crab! The same happened with the lobster in my surf ‘n turf… the lobster was lost in the cantonese sauce – though I did thoroughly enjoy my steak & it’s seasonings. The mai tai was pretty good (strong!), the garlic rolls were decent, but the dessert (strawberry shortcake) was a typical diner creation. Add on top of that a complete lack of ‘presenation’ with everything (plastic baskets & mismatched settings) and I can only give it 3 stars. The quality and freshess of the seafood was the saving grace here.

JenChamberlain photo

JenChamberlain

Nothing Can Possibly Be Better

I’ve never eaten better crab than at Bob Chin’s. I’ve also never had a better mai tai (or two…), consumed so much garlic bread, or waited three hours just to be seated – twice! Bob really knows what he’s doing. I’ve tried some of the other menu items, but the Alaskan King Crab legs are just too good to eat anything else!

Perfection

SM photo

SM

Palatine, IL
Bob Chinns Crab House 4.0

Best Seafood in the suburbs

The food is superb. My complaint is the sheer numbers of diners, hence VERY noisy. Ambiance non-existent.

But, oh the food!! Just can’t be beat. Salad bar was adequate. I haven’t been there in awhile, but Bob Chinn is usually milling around. Oh, I almost forgot the commplemtary garlic rolls – terrific

Bob Chinns Crab House 5.0

I wasn't lucid enough to remember. Ask Jessica Lin or Tim...

I wasn’t lucid enough to remember. Ask Jessica Lin or Timmy Tsu. My brain quit after figuring 8 3/4 lbs was 140 oz. I think we ate 9 lbs of king crab and 0 lbs of garlic bread. It was a night of giggles and ants on sticks and goodbye Amandas.

Seafood Lunch Steak

Fitzdaddy

Fort Wayne, IN
0 useful

Bob Chinns Crab House  Restaurant Reviews

• 05/11/2013 - A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.
  • 07/26/2013 - A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.
  • 12/30/2013 - A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.
  • 02/09/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 02/11/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 03/19/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 03/22/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
  • 08/21/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 11/05/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.
    Pros: 'Ok'
  • 01/10/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 04/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
  • 05/08/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.
  • 05/30/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Bob Chinns Crab House is located near the cities of Buffalo Grove, Riverwoods, and Prospect Heights.
People found this by searching for: Bob Chinn's Wheeling, Bob Chins Wheeling, Bob Chin's Restaurant, Bob Chen's Restaurant Arlington Heights, Bob Chinn's Menu, Www.Bobchinnscrabhouse.Com, Bob Chins Wheeling Il, Bob Chinn's Crab House, and Bob Chins Wheeling Illinois.