Bozo's

504-831-8666

3117 21st St ( )

Metairie, LA 70002-4916

Tags: Seafood, Lunch, Good for groups, Takeout, Outdoor seating, Good For Kids, Parking, Sandwiches, Oysters, and Cajun
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Bozo's
Tips:
  • Landlubbers will find chicken, steak and hamburgers on the menu, but ordering these in a seafood shrine such as this is a bit unorthodox.

Reviews for Bozo's

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Bozo's

Hairs in my food, the owner has a nasty attitude!

My husband and I visited this restaurant Labor Day weekend, Saturday, September 4, 2010. We both ordered combo platters. My food had hair in the oysters and shrimp. There was hair in my food embedded within the cooked batter. I contacted the waiter and I showed him the hair in the food. He had me wait and he took the food to the back to show the owner. The owner comes out in a huff in so many words he called me a liar to my face. He had a really nasty attitude and said rudely as he tossed the plate on the table “What’s wrong with the food?, “You saw what?”
I told him about the hair and I showed him the hair in the food. He pretended to not see the hairs, I showed him a second and a third time. The second time he still said he didn’t see it and the third time he said he didn’t see it as he pulled the hair from the food. (it was embedded in the cooked batter) He goes off towards the back in a huff (He went to the back angrily all the while running his fingers through his own hair as if he didn’t know what to do). I could see him through the server window, he threw the plate onto the counter.

He sends the waiter back out about five minutes later saying that I could have anything I wanted. Of course with hair in my food I didn’t want anything else and the owner’s nasty attitude. We refused to pay for the food. The owner argued and insisted that we pay for at least one of the twenty dollar meals. (even though my husband only ate one shrimp and one oyster and I didn’t eat any of it. We received horrible service and I warn everyone to never, ever set foot in this horrible place. My advice DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT! You have been warned.

PS They are VERY expensive. I went to Red Lobster and had lobster, shrimp and scallops for about $2 more than what Bozos (Bozo) was asking for a few measely shrimp and oysters.

shrimp and oyster platter