610-838-6555

430 Main St ( )

Hellertown, PA 18055-1722

Tags: Traditional Scottish Dishes, American, Pub Food, Cafe, Gastro Pub, Parking, Good For Kids, Outdoor seating, Good for groups, and Beer

Reviews for Braveheart Highland Pub

• 5 reviews
  • First reviewed by RJones

4.0

I won’t speak of the food, because as a vegetarian there ...

I won’t speak of the food, because as a vegetarian there was nothing on the menu I would eat. However, the décor is excellent. It’s a very comfortable and stylish place with a nice bar area. I believe the whole place is non-smoking which I always appreciate. When I visited the Lowland bar (basement entrance in back) was not yet open, so I don’t know if smoking is allowed there. I’d definitely go back for drinks, it’s a fun place.

Braveheart Highland Pub

"Halibut Cheeks is a Fraud"

I read numerous reviews in my spare time, and the review by Halibut Cheeks is the reason I am writing my first review. As a man from Hellertown I have tried every restaurant and bar in the town and am rarely disappointed. Now for my main point, I have read many reviews by Halibut Cheeks bashing Braveheart, Sagra Bistro, Crossroads, and many other restaurants in Hellertown. But wait what about Ricardo’s Tavern House he has nothing but praise and accolades for how great they are and for how cheap they are. I’m not saying it’s a bad place but come on your saying everything in Hellertown sucks except for Ricardo’s Tavern House, I think everyone knows who you are now Ricardo, I mean Halibut Cheeks. So anyone that wants a real review disregard anything Halibut Cheeks has written.

My next Point is that Braveheart and Sagra are my 2 favorite places in Hellertown.

Braveheart has the Atmosphere, Service, Food, and Drink to survive in this awful economy and I wish them well.

Sagra is a bit small but it’s a great time and has wonderful food and staff and I wish them well.

Braveheart Highland Pub

Dissapointment again, and again...

Living very close to this place I had such high hopes for it when it was opening a couple of years ago.
My friend and I went in and sat at the bar. We were pleased that someone brought some fine beers to Hellertown.
We ordered some starters. I don’t remember what at this point, but they were all bad. Not just bad, but horrible.
We moved on to the entrees. They were also very bad. I don’t remember what I ordered, but we both stronly disliked our meals. In addition the prices were just too high for the quality.
Went back several months later. A chef from the Melt had supposedly come over. Had some duck. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t worth the price. (It was over cooked).
Okay, so after many more months I thought I would stop in again and see how things have changed… considering some of the good reviews on this site.

Well folks, I have news for you. The beer is still great. And the food is still dreadful and over priced. I don’t know how the entrees are as I just settled for the Chicken sandwich and fries. (How can your screw that up, right?). Well it was pretty bad. With toppings… Mushrooms, Cheese and bacon it was $10. The chicken was tasteless. It was untrimmed and tough. It seemed like they steamed it.
I love to eat and I didn’t even eat half of the sandwich. Oh yeah, the fries are pretty bland as well.
Can I suggest that you please tenderize and/or marinate your chicken as well as trim it. It will go a long way.
I really want to come back, have a good beer or two and eat something that doesn’t make me want to scream.
Next time (if I get brave enough) maybe I’ll try the burger. You can’t screw up a burger, can you?

Folks, if you are considering this place give it a try, but if your luck is like mine, the next time you might want to try Ricardo’s Tavern House about 30 yards down the road. It is much cheaper and most of the food is great. Try their Steak Madrid, Fajita Enchilata, Cheese steak enchilata, etc. Look it isn’t Mexican as some would like, it is Hellertownican food… but it is good and priced very nicely.

Add/Show Comments (2)

June 20, 2010

horrible

this place is TERRIBLE! i went there last nite and it was horrible in every way. the manager or whatever he is is a drunk. the food is bland and overpriced. the prices are outrageous. and they have employees writing glowing reviews all…

June 16, 2010

"Hellertown's Finest"

I just moved into Hellertown and checked out this place a couple days ago and loved it. They have the best selection of Import Draft beers and Single malt scotches. I had the scottish sampler and not only was it fantastic but it was very…

Braveheart Highland Pub is located near the cities of Lower Saucon, Saucon Valley Terrace, Springtown, Fountain Hill, and Lower Saucon Twp.
People found this by searching for: Braveheart Highland Pub, Braveheart Hellertown, Braveheart Resteruant, Braveheart, Braveheart Restaurant In Pennsylvania, Braveheart Restaurant Hellertown Pa, Braveheart Pub Hellertown Pa, Braveheart Highland Pub Hellertown Pa, and Braveheart Tavern.

Feasta Pizza