919-481-9300

1225 Nw Maynard Rd ( )

Cary, NC 27513-8720

View Hours
Description: Brigs at the Crossing Restaurant is a American, Breakfast, and Brunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: American, Breakfast, Brunch, Good for groups, Takeout, Good For Kids, Sandwiches, Diner, Delivery, and Groups
  • 22 dishes entered by diners at Brigs at the Crossing Restaurant
  • 1 user wants to eat at Brigs at the Crossing Restaurant
Tips:
  • The beer and wine selection is scant. If Budweiser and Sutter Home white zin don't strike your fancy, then order an herbal tea, grapefruit juice or coffee.

Reviews for Brigs at the Crossing Restaurant

Croissants from awesome

Eating at Brig’s is like eating in the diningroom of someone you might not like, but nevertheless is an awesome fucking cook. The décor is pretty shitty – floral wallpaper and tacky tablecloths, but the food is top notch. I mostly only get breakfast-type stuff here like chocolate chip pancakes or club croissants. The hash browns are great, the fruit is always fresh, they give you huge carafes (that’s fancy for bigass bottle) of orange juice. I really can’t say enough good things about the food there. Probably my favorite thing, overall, is the banana-nut muffins. They may make the fucking things from a box or buy them from Otis Spunkmeyer for all I fucking care. All I know is that they make my stomach sing praises to Jesus.

Sidenote: stay away from the Brig’s near the 55/54 crossing in Durham. That one is kind of shitty. The one in Cary in the stripmall near Blockbuster is the one you want. It’s the one you need.

Wonderful!

I’ve been coming to Brigs Restaurant for years and I’ve never had a bad meal. Ever. The food is delicious and the staff is just lovely. They’re cordial, helpful, and they genuinely want to give you a great experience. The restaurant itself is constantly changing its decor, but its alwasy extremely tasteful and artistic. I especially like the elegant mirrors located in one of the dining areas.
I checked online, and the highest price for a meal is 12 dollars, which is extremely reasonable. Its won a bunch of awards for Best Breakfast, but they’re also open for dinner. You can get any meal from the menu anytime during the day, so it doesn’t even matter. Breakfast for dinner? No problemo!
The food itself? Tasty! Tasty! I try to get something different everytime I’m in there, and so far I’ve tried(and loved) their pancakes, waffles, burgers, waldorf, broccoli, and grilled chicken salad. They’ve also got excellent omelettes and they’’ve also got the Strawberry shortcake, which has a mountain of whip cream and ice cream!
I love this place! I don’t know of any place that does a better job at leaving me feeling satisfied.

Add/Show Comments (1)

3.0

More expensive than IHOP, but better

The plan today was to go to La Farm bakery, but when we got there at noon we realized the breakfast menu ends at 11am. Since we had promised the boy some pancakes or french toast, he would have been incredibly disappointed with just a croissant or sandwich. So we checked out Urbanspoon’s handy iPhone app for other places in Cary that had breakfast, and Brigs came up 3 times in a row. Since it was just a short drive from La Farm, we’d check it out.

I had been to The Crossing at Maynard and High House plenty of times before, because there’s a Kroger there. I guess I never noticed the Brigs down at the end, or realized there was a restaurant right there. The exterior isn’t very obvious so you could drive past it a hundred times and never see it there.

When we walked in, the interior reminded me of any generic family restaurant from the Midwest during the 80′s and 90′s. I suppose some people might think it’s very out of date, but it’s good if you’re feeling nostalgic. My son was impressed by the light fixtures and fans, because he’s into that sort of thing. The seating was tables, not booths, but at least everything seemed fairly clean. The coloring books they offer kids come with 4 crayons, and have quite a few pages worth of activities. My 4-year-old was busy the whole time doing the mazes and coloring.

The menu was typical of any traditional American diner. They serve breakfast foods all day, with a good selection of Eggs Benedicts, waffles, pancakes, french toast, omelets, ect. They also offer a nice selection of sandwiches, salads and burgers. I got the combo french toast with scrambled eggs and “home fries”, which are basically potato cubes with some seasoned salt and a few onions in there. My husband got the bacon brie burger, which sounded awesome to me, but we try to not order the same thing. My son got the kid’s french toast which came with bacon, but I ate his bacon since he didn’t want it. We also got a pot of coffee which was great, I love having all the coffee I want with my lunch. The sugar even came in an old fashion style glass sugar pourers. The kid’s juice comes in really cool cup that looks like a rocket. My son was very impressed.

The burger looked as awesome as it sounded. My husband said it was great. I’m sorry I didn’t get pictures of any of the food, but we were all so hungry we dug in as soon as the food came out. Maybe someday I’ll try making my own bacon brie burger, with my fried eggy bun. Our french toast was very good, and it came out with a lot of whipped butter on top. I’ve always though the butter was more important than even syrup for french toast and pancakes, so I was happy to find enough supplied. My sides of scrambled eggs and home fries weren’t nearly as good, but that’s ok. I’ll try some other sides next time.

The prices here were slightly more than at IHOP. The two adult entrees were $7.99, the coffee was $1.29, and the kid’s meal was $4.99. But this location is a lot closer to us than IHOP, and the quality of food is much better. I’m glad we found this place, I think we’ll be coming here for our brunches from now on.

French Toast Combo

October 22, 2012

Food is ok, Prices are high, Service is good, but I recommend

March 3, 2011

Great Breakfast, Great Service

I Love Brigs breakfasts! We go to Brigs usually bi-weekly and always have an incredible breakfast.! The portions are large and the staff is so friendly! Every waiter has been great! Brigs at the Crossing is worth the wait on the weekends…

August 19, 2010

outstanding

Hey everybody, want a fantastic place to eat GO TO BRIGS in Cary. Our family ate there this past weekend and what a great experience. First, super nice staff really friendly. Second, what choices they have on the menu, we had the special…

Brigs at the Crossing Restaurant is located near the cities of Douglasville and Morrisville.
People found this by searching for: Briggs Cary Nc, Briggs Restaurant Cary Nc, Brigs Restaurant, Briggs Restaurant, Is Brigs Raleigh Nc Expensive?, Brigs Resturant, Briggs At The Crossing Raleigh Nc Reviews, and Briggs Cary Restaurant.

Featured in Cary

Link to Brigs at the Crossing Restaurant

Brigs at the Crossing Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Pros
  •  "Great selection clean place service excellent"
Cons
  •  "None"