Brix @ 1601

Hermosa Beach, CA
Brix @ 1601 4.0

test driving Brix

Brix @1601

They are still working out a few of the kinks in the wait staff, but over all very good. Our waiter forgot about us at first, he admitted such, which was nice and then comped our wine, which was nicer. After that the service was great, better than what I’ve come to expect in the Southbay. A pleasant surprise because. I’ve worked in high-end places, I know how to use a crumber, but when do you ever see one around here and yet are we still expected to tip 20%? At Brix (which apparently is pronounced bricks based on our waiter) if we had a fork bussed, a fresh one arrived promptly and though our table did not use a tablecloth, it was continuously kept clean by the staff. Our drinks from the bar were effortlessly transferred to our dining bill without having to close out at the bar. Beautiful inside, grander than anything else in the Southbay. I was very impressed by the menu, and I don’t say that often. There were many appetizers and entrees I wanted to try along with the standards you want to see. The wine list was quite good with a range of prices. For appetizers we had the butternut squash ravioli and the heirloom tomatoes with burrata cheese. The ravioli was excellent the tomatoes and burrata, good, but I’ve had better (Tasca on 3rd in L.A.). My wife had the petite filet with a twice-stuffed potato and I had the pork chop with Mac n cheese & black truffles. The meat was very good and the Mac n cheese was awesome, some of the best we’ve ever had. My wife kept calling it dessert. We were stuffed, so no real dessert this time, but we’ll get some next. Great food, great service (overall), beautiful interior, we intend to return. $$$$

American Manhattan Beach Reservations
Fri-Sat 05:00PM - 10:00PM (Dinner)
Sun-Thu 05:00PM - 09:00PM (Dinner)
Mon-Fri 11:30AM - 02:30PM (Lunch)

Brix @ 1601  Restaurant Reviews

Brix @ 1601 is located near the cities of Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Lawndale.
People found this by searching for: Brix Cafe Hermosa Beach, When Did Brix Close In Hermosa, Brix 90254, Brix, Manhattan, Brix Hermosa Beach, Brirx Diner And Manhattan, Brix At 1601, Hermosa Beach, Ca, Brix@1601 Hermosa Beach, and Brix Restaurant Hermosa Beach.