937-473-2524

137 S High St ( )

Covington, OH 45318

Description: Buffalo Jack's is a American, Breakfast, and Kid's Menu restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: American, Breakfast, Kid's Menu, Gluten Free, Outdoor seating, Good For Kids, Catering, Dinner, Cafe, and Takeout

Reviews for Buffalo Jack's

Buffalo Jack's

Waste of Time and Money!!!!

I had heard mixed reviews of this place, but had longed to try it; just as a friend of mine. So this friend of mine helped me with my computer and we decided to take him and his wonderful wife out to eat, and he brought us this place and since I had been wanting to try it, I thought great here is my chance. Appetizers and Salad was the best part of all the food. I have had alligator else where and this was higher priced and sub-standard at best. Elk sausage was good spicy and seasoned nice, but could have been horse for all I know. Near all the wild game was either in a soup or a sausage form like a brat. The ACE Walleye came out very questionable whether or not it was done. Three of the four of us ordered this meal bragging to each other that we would eat til our hearts were content for $9,95 a plate; what a great price right? (wrong) sent back the first order and second order was just as bad. So sent those back as well. I had eaten my salad and onion rings and some appetizers, which were good,but pretty hard to mess up a pre-packaged frozen appetizer, corn nuggets, cheese ball. So our friends ordered buffalo burger and a sirloin dinner and I could tell the sirloin was tenderized chemically as I used to seel flash frozen steaks, seafood and chicken and could buy any quality depends on what I wanted and since I was in business for myself I would try the cheaper product, but not sell the sub-standard tenderized ones to my customers I would always shoot more for quality, So wife was going to order 12 oz prime rib of which we have had at about every restaurant in a 200 mil radius. I talked her into getting the 16oz so I could have some. So we brought it home and I heated it up a little bit ago. CHEMICALLY TENDERIZED.Ewwwwwwwwww who on God’s green earth tenderizes or buys tenderized prime rib? So we in essence got a $20 piece of a grass fed granny cow that was ready for the glue factory. OMG how extremely over rated this place is. To top this off because of the problems they removed one of the fish meals from the bill and still charged me for my salad and onion rings. Oh the buffalo burger our other friend ordered looked about the size of a Mcd’s regular hamburger or cheese burger. Thin and maybe about the diameter of the bun. Last but certainly not least we drove a total of 1 hr. each way, Walked out of a nearly empty (Quality Restaurant????) at 7:00 p.m. on a Friday night and it was nearly empty. So I would guess most of the locals stay away from this joint except for the liquor. So $80 for a punny burger, a puny tenderized sirloin, decent appetizers and salad and a big hunk of tenderized grass fed cow meat; billed as PRIME RIB. (Not) and 3 hours of time, Not to mention probably $20 in gas. A lesson learned will not go back NEVER AGAIN, Waitress said she would get us the manager to discuss the bill, and the manager never even attempted to come talk to us, even though there were hardly even a couple dozen people in the whole joint. And over heard the waitress apologize to every patron within hearing distance about something ‘being wrong or problems. I usually never write a review for a place if I don’t like it, but this place didn’t even stand up to half of the hype surrounding it. Worse place I have ever eaten for the money and the hype. I hate Mcd’s and I probably would have rather eaten there, except for the awesome company of my friends and my wife, Which was really the only plus side of the evening.

January 21, 2010

Buffalo Jack's

The food here is good. They even offer some exotic dishes for those who are interested. It is clean and friendly.

January 14, 2010

Buffalo Jack's

The food is excellent. The staff is very friendly. The decor is very interesting with the indians that look real at first glance and the animals.

Buffalo Jack's is located near the cities of Bradford, Pleasant Hill, and Piqua.
People found this by searching for: Buffalo Jacks Covington Ohio Menu, Buffalo Jacks.Com, Buffalo Jack's Restaurant Covington Oh, Buffalo Jacks Covington, Buffalo Jacks, Buffalo Jacks Covington Ohio, Buffalo Jacks Menu, Buffalo Jack's Restaurant, and Buffalo Jack's Menu.

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by savafan

Note: I like this place because it has an interesting array of different dishes that you can't find anyplace else.

Dishes: Take your pick...the buffalo, alligator, snake, osterich, turtle...seriously, where else are you going to find this kind of food?

Nearby Restaurants

Link to Buffalo Jack's

Buffalo Jack's  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  100%  Food:  100%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "There appetizers were amazing (we had wild boar sausage and friend cauliflower and zucchini) nothing was greasy and the sausage was delicious. For dinner we had walley and steak. Both cooked to perfection and delicious! Also we got a lot of food for the p"
  •  "Awsome food and friendly atmosphere"
Cons
  •  "They forgot one of each of our sides but as soon as we mentioned it they had it out."
  •  "Dining space could be improved"
Comments
  •  "Great decor"