Cafe Flora

2901 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112

Neighborhoods: Stevens
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Lunch, Brunch

Cafe Flora is a Vegetarian, Lunch, and Brunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

anbageorge photo

anbageorge

Redmond, WA
Cafe Flora 5.0

Great Veg food even for carnivours

I took my wife there for Sunday brunch and had a great time.

The atmosphere is light and comfortable. We sat in the patio area which is covered with windows all around and a rock water fountain in the middle. In the rainy Seattle weather, it felt great to get that I’m-sitting-outside feeling without getting wet.

The service is outstanding. We were constantly getting our water refilled from various waiters. Our waiter was delightfully pleasant. When asked about my food, I only hinted that I had asked for a variation, but was satisfied. He brought me a completely new plate within minutes and apologized for the mistake.

The food is outstanding too. I’m a stuborn meat-eater, yet I enjoyed every bite. The salad and dressing was simple, yet delicious. We also had a side of coconut coffeecake and loved it.

Overall, I loved the entire expirience and would highly recommend it. I’m planning on returning with friends to enjoy the atmosphere very soon.

Mediteranian Grilled Sandwich

Excellent! The feta cheese added a great zing to the already delicisious olive spread. Sandwich was grilled and warm and came with a side of salad with amazing vinegarette dressing.

Mason photo

Mason

Kirkland, WA

Seattle's premiere vegetarian restaurant

Cafe Flora is one of the few restaurants vegetarian restaurants where I feel completely comfortable bringing dedicated meat eaters to dine. They have a lot of clever vegetarian takes on traditional dishes (like a French Dip with portabella mushrooms). Overall, the menu is very fun and offers everything from berries and twigs vegan options to heartier comfort foods. There is a lovely garden room with large windows, intimate tables, and a water fountain in addition to a larger, more traditional seating area.

summerfugue photo

summerfugue

Cafe Flora 3.0

Surprisingly good

one of our friends was vegetarian and i heard that this place was good even for avid meat eaters so decided to give it a try! So when i went, my expectations were high. I think it depends on what you order, some dishes tasted weird but i liked what i ordered.

Mushroom Pizza

Portebello mushrooms top the thin crust pizza. Pretty standard fare.

Coconut breaded tofu appetizer

Soft tofu was coated with breadcrumbs and i think some cocnut flavouring on it too. It was really good.

bluerhapsodies photo

bluerhapsodies

Redmond, WA

lovely

I rarely use the word “lovely” but somehow this adjective is very appropriate for Cafe Flora, both its ambience and its food. I’ve only been in the main dining room (but not the garden room) and the place just feels so warm and welcoming! And the food, of course, is excellent.

Just a great and lovely dining experience overall – this is a must-try, whether you are a vegetarian or not!

(If you have a party of 8 or over be sure to call and make a reservation!)

french dip (with portabella mushrooms) at Cafe Flora

french dip (with portabella mushrooms)

this was very yummy!

The Combo

one of their specialty drinks. it is a ginger cinder mixed with their berry lemonade. it’s kind of interesting but the ginger taste may be too much for some.

PaulC photo

PaulC

Cafe Flora 5.0

I have been there many times for brunch. I...

I have been there many times for brunch. I usually rotate between Flora, the Pelican, Portage Bay and Julia’s.

Flora is very vegan and veggie friendly, not so friendly to bacon and sausage. There are two dining areas, both offer tons of natural light which gives the whole place a warm feel.

The menu is seasonal and seems to rotate frequently, said for a few staples. All of the dishes are plenty flavorful, I think due to the lack of meat as a crutch. A safe bet is the breakfast burrito. I think the brunch dishes top out at around $15.

Like many breakfast/brunch places, the wait can be a while, especially for parties over two. Parking can also be a bit of a pain, though they do have a small parking lot in the back.

It is most certainly a place to frequent.

KaymannCuisine photo

KaymannCuisine

Des Moines, WA
Cafe Flora 5.0

The must eat resturant in Seattle.

I have been here three times and I absolutely would recommend this resturant to all of my friends vegetarians and all. The food was very good though I cannot remember what I had. By far my favorite choice to treat my vegetarian needs.

It is difficult to find parking close to the resturant, so when you are getting near the address be looking for parking along the shops, and save yourself the hassle and hoof it a block or two.

The atmosphere has always been desireable. It can get a bit noisy, but what resturant doesn’t

The deserts are not their specialty. They are fine, but I would recommend holding off and if you need desert find another place.

Prices are a best for lunches and what not, but for good food, I am willing to pay. Service was good as well.

justin photo

justin

Cafe Flora 5.0

Good enough to make you go veggie

Great veggie places make it so you don’t even miss the meat. This is one of those places. My favorite veggie places don’t try to “pretend” there’s meat with the fake meat stuff. I’ve had meat and what they peddle as meat is not meat. I’d much rather just have them take vegetables and do something wonderful with them.

The ambience is very homey and there’s plenty of seating between the indoor and the enclosed patio. The people are super friendly also. I’d definitely come back here.

The Combo

Odd and strong tasting. Refreshing.

french dip (with portabella mushrooms) at Cafe Flora

french dip (with portabella mushrooms)

I really enjoyed this french dip. The bread was toasted nicely and the mushrooms were very tasty. I got it with the yam fries which were also great. Mushrooms are a great substitute for meat.

Fried Avocado at Cafe Flora

Fried Avocado

Thick avocado slices coated in corn meal and then fried to crispy perfection. If you thought avocado was rich, wait til its fried :)

Vegetarian Dinner Lunch

Dvsibo1ewr3ymhaby-mumt
Riz

Fargo, ND

Cafe Flora  Restaurant Reviews

Cafe Flora is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Vegetarian Captiol Hill Seattle, Cafe Flora Seattle, Cafe Flora Seattle Wa, Yelp Cafe Flora Seattle, Cafe Flora, Cafe Flora Capitol Hill, Cafe Flora Seattle Menu, Cafe Flora Vegan Dressing Recipe, and Fried Avocado.