- 13 / 20
- Read Gayot Review »
- For a table at prime times, reserve at least two weeks in advance.
- Arrive early and savor an aperitif at Bar Lurcat next door. After dinner, stop back for a seat on a sofa and a nightcap.
- The large, worldly wine list features 30 wines by the glass, and offers many 2-ounce tastes for experimenting.
- Score a table outdoors overlooking the park and prime people-watching.
- Main dishes include sauteed, broiled and braised dishes, and can come with delicious sides of wild mushrooms and roasted cauliflower to share with the table. On cold nights the pot roast are a good bet. It comes to the table in a steaming bowl with a lid to keep it fresh and tender. And the thick and juicy bone-in-breast chicken goes great with a plate of asparagus ribbons with lemon and garlic.
Sun-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PMFri-Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM
TOP 50 RESTAURANTS, TOP 10 FOOD: Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine
BAR LURCAT BEST SUMMER PATIO: City Pages "Summer Guide" 2004
BEST FRENCH FRIES: City Pages "Best of the Twin Cities" 2004
BEST BURGERS: Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine
BAR LURCAT BEST WINE BAR: City Pages "Best of the Twin Cities"
TOP 10 WINE LISTS: Food and Wine 2003
TOP 20 WINE LISTS: Monterey Wine Festival 2004
Sweeping views of Loring Park, innovative American food, a captivating bar featuring 200+ wines with 30 by the glass make this venue a complete destination. Open every evening. Reservations Recommended.