818-761-3588

4346 Tujunga Ave ( )

Studio City, CA 90046

Neighborhoods: Studio City

View Hours
Description: Caioti Pizza Cafe is a Pizza, Pasta, and Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Pizza, Pasta, Italian, Good For Kids, BYOB, Californian, Delivery, American, Breakfast, and Kid Friendly
  • 90 dishes entered by diners at Caioti Pizza Cafe
  • 2 users want to eat at Caioti Pizza Cafe
Tips:
  • Though the lot is small and easy to miss, there are a few coveted spaces available just behind the cafe.
  • All specialty pizzas include mozzarella in addition to any other cheese listed--but they don't all come with traditional sauce. Be sure to carefully read the description before ordering.

Reviews for Caioti Pizza Cafe

• 8 reviews
  • First reviewed by milkbar
QB

Editorial Review by Gayot »

Old Style and New Style Napolitano Pizzas

Love it!! Been here just two times now, the last being this past Sunday while visiting my baby niece and her parents, and I’ve loved it every time.

Here’s what I loved about it:

• Cigar boxes with silverware and napkins. – Cute!
  • Seating inside or outside – very chic!
  • Great for families because they do have high chairs for babies.
  • Very casual hipster ambiance located just a few doors down from the uber trendy Aroma Coffee & Tea.

Here’s what I’ve had here:

• Grilled Beet Salad with seared Goat Cheese and candied walnuts is divine. I think its the dressing that makes their’s unique as I prefer their Beet Salad over a few other places I’ve had it. Although, I never knew you could sear goat cheese. Hmm…
  • Garlic knot bread are like these little dough balls covered in garlic and better. Best when they’re fresh, which I had when I came here for dinner the first time. I could barely keep my hands off of them! But when i came here again at about 3-4pm for a late lunch/early dinner, they were rather stale. :( So not sure really what’s up with that.

Their pizzas are categorized as New Wold, Old World and New York Style Pizzas. I don’t have to explain NY style, but both the new and old world are thin crust with no sauce. Sounds like the Napolitano style pizzas I love.

• First time, my group ordered the Old World Con Funghi which contains Sugo Porcini, Roasted Garlic, Fresh Arugula, Pecorino Romano & Mozzarella Latte. ~ Very good!!
  • Second time, my sister in law and I shared the Salsiccia Old World pizza which consisted of Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella Latte, Fresh Basil & Pine Nuts. This would have been better with some sweet fennel and a tangy red sauce. We did ask for some sauce on the side, and together, THAT, was really yummy.

Our bill for the evening for 1 iced tea, one large pizza and one beet salad was just $32 with tax and tip for 2 people.

I’m glad to have discovered this pizza joint and glad that its within walking distance when I’m out in the Valley.

Grilled Beet Salad

Their beet salad is so far my FAVORITE of all the beet salads I’ve eaten!! Yummy!

4.0

Friendly Neighborhood Pizza and Then Some

I have been coming to Caoiti Pizza since I ettled in the Valley about 15 years ago and I am never disappointed-with the food at least. It’s part of the charming Tujunga Village, a quaint one block of retail shops, yoga studios, small stage theater and across the street from the infamous Vitello’s.

Some will say the service could be better, they are very friendly, however slow. It can be somewhat discouraging since it is a first come first served establishment, but with right timing you can almost be seated right away and just eat at a leisure pace.

It is a pet friendly venue and kind of the small side with probably less than 10 tables, sidewalk seating with 4 tables. You may bring your own beverage, in fact they encourage you to bring sodas, water, beer or wine with no corkage fee, They do offer the standard sodas but take advantage of the no corkage rule while you can.

My preferred dishes are pretty predictable here and some of the long time servers will always know what I will order first hand – the Warm Grilled Beet Salad. One of these days, I will have to order other non-pizza items, but I just can’t resist their pizzas.

I did hear somewhere that the original owner or chef was the first one to originate the BBQ Chicken Pizza and that CPK and Wolfgang had asked him for the recipe. Don’t know if it’s true, but it’s a nice story.

Parking is pretty easy, you can find non-metered street parking on just south of that block.

Grilled Beet Salad

Their version is so delicious and refreshing, a combination of warm beets, goat cheese, candied pecans with a sweet balsamic vinaigrette. I now imitate this type of salad for all my dinner parties.

Pizzetta Bianco

Thin crust of heaven topped with goat cheese and flax seeds and another ingredient I can’t quite identify.

Pizza Del Mare

A seafood lover’s dream. It is a thin crust pie consists of crab, shrimp lobster topped with pesto, basil, tomatoes and mozzarella.

Rustica

Another thin crust – see my pattern? Spinach, Pecorino, Pancetta and I always request roasted garlic and porcini mushrooms to be added. Aaaw, so gooood.

Caioti Pizza Cafe

I've had a few pizzas here, and while they've...

I’ve had a few pizzas here, and while they’ve all been pretty good – certainly unique – the “lamb sausage” pizza will knock your socks off.

2.0

Not the best pizza I've had by a long stretch. My pizza m...

Not the best pizza I’ve had by a long stretch. My pizza margherita was soggy and tasteless.

4.0

awesome neighborhood restaurant - great pizza!

awesome neighborhood restaurant – great pizza!

November 8, 2013

this place was alright....i do love pizza and there pizza was quite good i would recommend to my friends maybe theyll enjoy it a little more than i did

May 14, 2013

Very good food, casual atmosphere. Nice change from cookie-cutter food at CPK. I like to support local merchants in this little stretch of valley village.

August 13, 2011

BEst Pizza in town

All sorts of palces have crazy pizza...this is the best. Barcecue chicken is my fave...

Caioti Pizza Cafe is located near the cities of Toluca Lake, Coquitlam, Sherman Village, Valley Village, and Toluca Terrace.
People found this by searching for: Caioti Pizza Cafe Menu, Caioti Pizza Cafe Yelp, Il Caioti, Caioti's Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette, Caoiti, Caioti's Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette Recipe, Caioti Pizza Menu, and Caioti Pizza Cafe Nutritional Value Menu.

Featured in Studio City