Cajun Queen

Neighborhoods: Elizabeth
Cuisine: Cajun, Seafood, South American

Cajun Queen is a Cajun, Seafood, and South American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

barnibear photo

Bartow, FL

Nice "Old House" with "New Flavor"

Houses converted to restaurants hold an appeal to me. This one is over 100 years old (the house that is) in the Historic Elizabeth section of Charlotte. I lived in that area in the late 50’s in a place that is now classified ‘historic’ – that was before this restaurant came about. C Q has of course been snazzed up over the years, refurbished I guess is the word. An outdoor upstairs patio for dining, and other neat areas. (I don’t eat outside with the flying insects, but it’s a nice area for those who do!) We were seated in the room with the musicians, a bit snug – lots of tables so not a lot of elbow room. It’s a nice place for occasional visit. The service was good, and the food still on par with what we’ve come to expect over the years. A little pricey on some things.

Creole - Chicken

When you order “creole” anything, you know to expect spicy, even if it says “light spicy” – this over rice was tasty – really good but I guess we’re “older” than the last time there and almost ‘too spicy’.

New Orleans Platter

My husband had this – seafood (fish) – catfish, shrimp, scallops, oysters, red beans and rice. He liked it, though he could feel some “spicy” he wasn’t expecting.

Bourbon Pecan Pie

Husband had this, I snuck a small taste – interesting, sticky sweet.

dinermanpro photo

Charlotte, NC

By the way, Rabbit is a hater and doesn’t know jack about food. His brain was pre-mixed in a pail of lead paint.

rabbit photo

Charlotte, NC

Cajun Queen

I can only write my displeasure at dining at the Cajun Queen. Even though reservations were secured, no table was available, except on the patio in the 90 degree heat… no thanks! We were sent to the bar like guilty school children waiting to be punished… and were we!! The drinks from the bar, even though from their list, were from premix and over sweet. We were escorted to our table by a friendly young lady, however, when the waiter came to the table he waited on our table and the one next to us AT THE SAME TIME!!! We ordered the Cajun Fried Oysters as an appetizer and they were GREAT!! The second course of house salad for me with blue cheese dressing was fair, and my guest had the Ceaser Salad which was swimming in a bottled dressing….uck! My guest also had a cup of bumbo, I mean Gumbo, I think. It was premade and still had the taste of the mix. For entrees my guest ordered the New Orleans Platter, with which he had no complaints, however, I tasted the fried flouder, and it was frozen. As my entree, I ordered the Chicken Etoufee. This was done to see if the most simple Cajun dish could be performed adequately. The dish arrived with two slabs of friend chicken breast on top of a medium grain rice mixture and covered with etoufee sauce. The chicken was greasy and the etoufee sauce was a premix and still tasted of powdery substance. The meal was finished with a nice, fresh cup of coffee and an after dinner drink, straight up. This poor restaurant has lots of potential, however with food where the sauce is king, and the restaurant cannot make the sauce correctly, the meal only goes downhill. Sorry, I was expecting more.

Chicken Etoufee

Greasy, Slabby, premix sauce.

Cajun Elizabeth Seafood
Fri-Sat 05:00PM - 10:30PM
Sun 05:00PM - 09:00PM
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 09:30PM

Cajun Queen  Restaurant Reviews

Cajun Queen is located near the cities of Clayton Park.
People found this by searching for: Menucajun Queen, Between My Breasts Cajun Queen, The Seventh Street Gator Band, 7th Street Gator Band, Cajun Queen Between My Breasts Stream View Comment, Cajun Queen Reviews, Between My Breast Cajun Queen, Driving Highway Ten Lookin For The Cajun Queen, and Cajun Queen Kid Friendly.