704-377-9017

1800 E 7th St ( )

Charlotte, NC 28204

Neighborhoods: Elizabeth

View Hours
Description: Cajun Queen is a Cajun, Casual dining, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: Cajun, Elizabeth, Casual dining, Reservations, American, Seafood, South American, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Uptown
  • 4 dishes entered by diners at Cajun Queen
Tips:
  • The Seventh Street Gator Band, a bunch of old-timers who pipe out Dixieland jazz seven nights a week, plays upstairs. The band is good but deafening. Don't sit up there with a first date.
  • Want to try your own hand at Cajun cookery? The restaurant's special spice, Bayou Blend, is available for purchase.

Reviews for Cajun Queen

• 6 reviews
  • First reviewed by rabbit

Editorial Review by Gayot »

4.0

Nice "Old House" with "New Flavor"

Houses converted to restaurants hold an appeal to me. This one is over 100 years old (the house that is) in the Historic Elizabeth section of Charlotte. I lived in that area in the late 50’s in a place that is now classified ‘historic’ – that was before this restaurant came about. C Q has of course been snazzed up over the years, refurbished I guess is the word. An outdoor upstairs patio for dining, and other neat areas. (I don’t eat outside with the flying insects, but it’s a nice area for those who do!) We were seated in the room with the musicians, a bit snug – lots of tables so not a lot of elbow room. It’s a nice place for occasional visit. The service was good, and the food still on par with what we’ve come to expect over the years. A little pricey on some things.

Creole - Chicken

When you order “creole” anything, you know to expect spicy, even if it says “light spicy” – this over rice was tasty – really good but I guess we’re “older” than the last time there and almost ‘too spicy’.

New Orleans Platter

My husband had this – seafood (fish) – catfish, shrimp, scallops, oysters, red beans and rice. He liked it, though he could feel some “spicy” he wasn’t expecting.

Bourbon Pecan Pie

Husband had this, I snuck a small taste – interesting, sticky sweet.

P.s.

By the way, Rabbit is a hater and doesn’t know jack about food. His brain was pre-mixed in a pail of lead paint.

Cajun Queen

I can only write my displeasure at dining at the Cajun Queen. Even though reservations were secured, no table was available, except on the patio in the 90 degree heat… no thanks! We were sent to the bar like guilty school children waiting to be punished… and were we!! The drinks from the bar, even though from their list, were from premix and over sweet. We were escorted to our table by a friendly young lady, however, when the waiter came to the table he waited on our table and the one next to us AT THE SAME TIME!!! We ordered the Cajun Fried Oysters as an appetizer and they were GREAT!! The second course of house salad for me with blue cheese dressing was fair, and my guest had the Ceaser Salad which was swimming in a bottled dressing….uck! My guest also had a cup of bumbo, I mean Gumbo, I think. It was premade and still had the taste of the mix. For entrees my guest ordered the New Orleans Platter, with which he had no complaints, however, I tasted the fried flouder, and it was frozen. As my entree, I ordered the Chicken Etoufee. This was done to see if the most simple Cajun dish could be performed adequately. The dish arrived with two slabs of friend chicken breast on top of a medium grain rice mixture and covered with etoufee sauce. The chicken was greasy and the etoufee sauce was a premix and still tasted of powdery substance. The meal was finished with a nice, fresh cup of coffee and an after dinner drink, straight up. This poor restaurant has lots of potential, however with food where the sauce is king, and the restaurant cannot make the sauce correctly, the meal only goes downhill. Sorry, I was expecting more.

Chicken Etoufee

Greasy, Slabby, premix sauce.

June 11, 2013

Fantastic. Love this place. Great memories here!

April 15, 2013

One my wife and my favorite places in Charlotte. The food is always outstanding and we love the atmosphere. Also love the Hurricanes and their beer selection. Definitely recommend Cajun Queen. You can go wrong.

Cajun Queen is located near the cities of Clayton Park.
People found this by searching for: Between My Breasts Cajun Queen, Menucajun Queen, Between My Breast Cajun Queen, Driving Highway Ten Lookin For The Cajun Queen, Cajun Queen Reviews, Cajun Queen Between My Breasts Stream View Comment, and Cajun Queen Kid Friendly.

Featured in Charlotte