724-438-8466

90 Pittsburgh St ( )

Uniontown, PA 15401

Description: Caporella's Italian Ristorante is a Italian, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Caporella's, Perryopolis restaurant, Italian, Italian Restaurants, Lunch, Parking, Catering, Cafe, American, and Good for groups
  • 9 dishes entered by diners at Caporella's Italian Ristorante
  • 2 users want to eat at Caporella's Italian Ristorante

Overall: 91%    Food: 87%    Service: 83%    Ambiance: 95%
Pros

• "Fast service, ambiance was romantic, foods was good"
  • "The atmosphere is relaxing and unique. With it being in a fully renovated old train station, it takes you out of the mind of normal, everyday dining into a more intimate, romantic environment. "
  • "Friendly, knowledgeable, food is excellent , never a bad expereince!! "
  • "The food was excellent. There were large portions."
  • "Nice atmosphere, great waitstaff and owners. Great food, great presentation, reasonable prices, but maybe a little high for Uniontown."
  • "Nice atmosphere "
Cons
  • "My chicken bruschetta pasta wasn't very exciting....dry with very little flavor."
  • "None."
  • "Nothing that we could see."
  • "Prices of food Quality of food Without a doubt the wait staff...horrible "
Comments
  • "Prices were decent."
  • "This is a perfect place for a special occasion for a couple or small group. "
  • "Don't come unless you'd like to be at dinner for 2+ hours, get horrible food and terrible service. "

Reviews for Caporella's Italian Ristorante

• 8 reviews
  • First reviewed by samjoe

Caporella's

The best Italian restaurant in the area. We haven’t found anything bad at this restaurant yet. You do need a reservation, unless you don’t mind sitting at the small bar. It’s a tiny place, but the portions are very generous. We never go away without a taking at least 1/2 our food home for leftovers.

Seafood Scampi

Wonderful!!!!! Loaded with large scallops, shrimp and langostinos and served over a spinach fetticini. Of course after a cup of heavenly wedding soup and a slice or two of the fresh and hot crusty bread, could only eat 1/2 of it. It was just a delicious the next day.

Add/Show Comments (1)

3.0

Average Experience

Dined at the new location in Uniontown for the first time. The new restaurant has a good location and style. Food and wine were good, but service needs some help. The waiter, while nice only came to the table a few times and always seemed rushed. After the meal, I was told that a dessert coupon we found was only good for lunch…not our $100 meal…lol. That seemed really silly and kind of angered me at the time. Overall it’s a nice place to get an average meal at slightly higher prices (for Uniontown) .

Crab and Shrimp Stuffed Ravioli

This dish was well seasoned, and overall tasted good. The ravioli was in a vodka sauce, which was very nice. Went well with our New Zealand pinot noir! My only possible complaint would be that there was only a hint of the seafood stuffing to the dish, I would have liked to pay more and get more flavor if that’s what would be necessary.

Wow!

Caporella’s is a small, privately owned Italian restaurant, which I believe started out in Perryopolis, Pa. It has since moved to Uniontown and has become a favorite of my husband’s and I! The Staff is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is pleasant and the restaurant is clean! The real attraction, of course, is the food!! So far we agree that the Chicken Marsala and the Mushroom and Chicken Cappatelli(?) Is the best! As far as we can tell everything is prepared fresh and by a skilled chef. I wish I had enough culinary background to accurately describe the flavors of those dishes! Both are rich and flavorful! My husband is usually able to finish his meal, I always have to take half of mine home. I think the prices are fair for the amount and quality of the food served. Oh and we also like to take some cheesecake home for dessert, I would say it is probably made in house as well, if not I want to know where they get it from! I have recommended this restaurant to family and friends and the only complaint I have heard is the bread crust was to hard ( this was coming from someone with false teeth), we enjoy the bread! I’ve read some older, not so great reviews of the place on here so i decided to write my own. I want Caporella’s to thrive here in Uniontown so I can continue to enjoy it! So, give it a try! Just make a reservation to be safe!

Chicken Marsula

Good portion, incredible flavor! I use my bread to soak up all the sauce when I’m done with the meal. If I wasn’t in public, I’d probably luck the plate!

Chicken and Mushroom Capatelli (?)

Huge portion( I take half home). This is a mushroom stuffed tortellini with chicken in an asiago cream sauce and it is amazing! If you like cheese based sauces this is a must try! Even if you’re not really into mushrooms, it’s still really good!

2.0

Not worth the money

First time at Caporello’s even though it has been there for a while. I heard some Ok things about so thought I would give it a try. When we arrived we were greeted pleasantly. Had to go to the bar because we did not have a reservation, we were told 45 minutes for a table.
Sat at the bar and had a drink. I had two beers, my wife had one, $12.00. I had to ask for the second one even though my glass was empty for a good 15 minutes and the bar tender didn’t notice.
Finally we were seated, it was about a 45 minute wait.
I ordered the stuffed banana pepper appetizer. It was ok, not great. it came with two small peppers on a plate filled with veal and had sauce and cheese on them. My wife and I each had one. $11.00, I would say not worth the price. We also had bread with olive oil and garlic, it was ok, too much garlic I thought which will be the theme from here on out. My main course came…..Ravioli with banana peppers and hot sausage. I would have loved to have tasted the ravioli dough and the sausage, but the entire plate was drowning in olive oil and large garlic cloves. I literally only tasted kind of a hot, greasy, garlic flavor the entire meal. I had to brush my teeth when I got home to get the garlic flavor out of my mouth. If not for all that dreadful sauce, the meal probably would have been delicious. My wife at about 4 bites of her fettucine alfredo with chicken. It was very garlic flavored as well.
I don’t think this overpriced, garlic flavored food was very good at all. I won’t go back here again… $60.00 for my wife and I, plus $12.00 at the bar. $72,00 for a terrible meal. I hope the owners of this place save all the money they are making, cuz they won’t be open in another 3 years……………Good canidate for Kitchen Nightmares…….I bet the owners think they are just doing everything right.

Hot Sausage Ravioli

Food ABSOULTELY LOUSY

Being from another area outside of Pennsyvania, Knowing the difference of Italian and what is thought to be Italian food. I was VERY upset to have ordered Chicken Picata and get Chicken with just Capons, I wanted to know where the lemon flavor was, and besides the slice of lemon on the top of the chicken… there was nothing more than a piece of chick dredged in flour, and cooked in oil, with capons. THE ONLY good thing about this restaurant is the bread, the Red gravy was canned no flavor outside of raw tomato flavor, and the other people in my party were just as upset with the food as I. Trying to save what we could out of the meal, we ordered desert, Tiramasu, well the next time I want frozen, I will go to the grocers and purchase a whole one for a lot less money, instead of paying almost $100.00 for a party of three, (No acohol included) I could have taken us to Burger King and have gotten a fried chicken sandwich, at least there I know what to expect and am charged accordingly.

2.0

Awful

The best part of the meal was the olive oil and bread. The ravioli were overcooked and the sauce tasted like Prego. The hoagie was pathetic – I can’t believe an Italian restaurant in Western Pennsylvania doesn’t understand that a hoagie should be served with mayo and salad dressing. The meat in the hoagie tasted a few weeks old as well. Oh, and the salad was iceburg lettuce with some red onion and a couple tomatoes. Ever heard of arugula or spinach? For my money, Meloni’s still blows this place away.

4.0

Yum!

I tried Caporella’s today and although I had to wait for reservations, they were well worth the wait!
The waitress was friendly and attentive and the food was “out of this world”!
Oh yeah…I intend to return! I can’t wait to try out another dish!

Spaghetti and Meat Balls

First off, I had a cup of the cream of pepper soup. (A blend of red, green and yellow peppers in a creamy soup.) It was delicious!
A fresh loaf of hot Italian bread was brought to the table where one could dip their bread in flavored oil.
Finally, the meal arrived. It was very, very good. They gave you two large meatballs, on a bed of HOMEMADE pasta. It was unbelievably good!!

caporellas bella cucina

5 stars. The best place to take your family to eat. The staff is respectfull, and the food is wonderfull!!! Everything was great!

chicken parm

I loved it

Caporella's Italian Ristorante is located near the cities of East Uniontown, Oliver, Hopwood, Lemont Furnace, and Brownfield.
People found this by searching for: Capparellis Uniontown, Caporella's Perryopolis Pa, Caporella's Restaurant, Caporella's, Caporella's Restaurant Perryopolis Pa, Caporella Bella Cucina, Capparelli's Uniontown Pa, and Caporella's Bella Cucina.

Red Lobster