850-837-2627

3796 Hwy 98 Scenic ( )

Destin, FL 32541

Description: Captain Dave's On The Gulf is a Seafood and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.
Tags: Seafood, American, Good For Kids, and Good for groups
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Captain Dave's On The Gulf

Reviews for Captain Dave's On The Gulf

Captain Dave's On The Gulf

The Best Place for Fresh Seafood!

My husband and I are NEVER disappointed when we go to Captain Daves! We LOVE it! This last time we went, instead of getting the fried seafood platter which is soooo good, I got the steamed crab legs because I love crab. They were delicious!! And along with the amazing food, you have an amazing view of the ocean. I grew up here and moved to Georgia after I got married. When I get homesick for the ocean and want some really good seafood, we come here.

Steamed crab legs

YUMMMMMM!!!!!

4.0

The Food... Yummmmmy-O

The seafood was delicious and I enjoyed the environment. So with these two great combinations together, the prices are SUPER HIGH! That means you need to bring plenty of money! Besides that…. ENJOY!!!

Shrimp & Scallops

It was great!!!

4.0

A good place for seafood and steak.

A good place for seafood and steak.

October 6, 2010

Ms.

Maybe if the diners would have a few less drinks before dinner, things will go better for them. I've been to most of the restaurants in the Destin area and have never encountered the problems I've read about here. I'm not talking about…

People found this by searching for: Captain Dave's On The Gulf Menu, Captain Dave's Destin Menu, Capt Dave's On The Gulf, Captain Dave's Destin, Captain Dave's On The Gulf, Captain Dave's In Destin, and Captain Dave's Menu.

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Marina Cafe
Beach Walk Henderson Park Inn
Not Just Bagels

Listed On

My Restaurant Rotation by georgefergusonjr

Note: A nice place for seafood and steak.

Link to Captain Dave's On The Gulf

Captain Dave's On The Gulf  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  95%  Food:  94%  Service:  93%  Ambiance:  93%
Pros
  •  "Service quality of food and cleanliness. Food was great. Coming back in september"
  •  "Everything could not have been any better. Coming down to eat in September"
  •  "Service that is second to none. Daily specials that are the best seafood you will eat."
  •  "It's just a very nice place to eat love it"
  •  "No"
  •  "The bartender was rude. We didn't even bother staying for dinner when there are so many other choices nearby. Disappointed. We've been coming to Destin for 20 years and never had such a bad experience at Dave's. We will NEVER go back again co"
Cons
  •  "There were none"
  •  "Limited parking."
  •  "The bartender's rudeness was unacceptable. She was very disrespectful. To the point that after 20 years, Captain Dave's has lost out business for good."
Comments
  •  "Perfect"
  •  "Plan on a wait, but the wait will be worth it."