Captain Steve's

704-535-1400

8517 Monroe Rd ( )

Charlotte, NC 28212-7510

Neighborhoods: East Forest

Description: Captain Steve's is a Seafood, Private Parties, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.
Tags: Seafood, Kid Friendly, Private Parties, Special Occasion, Delivery, American, Good For Kids, Takeout, and Good for groups
  • 2 dishes entered by diners at Captain Steve's
Diner Log for Captain Steve's:
  • 06/07/2014 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 07/15/2014 - A diner from San Francisco, CA hasn't been here but wants to try it.

Reviews for Captain Steve's

Captain Steve's

4.0

For "Auld Lang Syne"

memories – I knew this had to be where the Hideaway Fish Camp once was! Did a little checking (a.k.a. googling). That was a wonderful place from my “youth” (before I found out about my fish allergies!) We decided to give it a try in it’s newer life as Capt. Steve’s – sounds like a “good ole fish fryin” kind of place. Still out Monroe Rd. on left – parking adequate – still nice inside, comfortable, – got there at a not-so-busy time – seated fast – memories fade, can’t compare it to the original restaurant-no real need to do that, it can stand on it’s own. Service was quick – and the food was good – no complaints (just wish I were as young as I was in the ‘memories’)!

Fried Catfish

I decided to live dangerously – instead of looking for non fish/seafood item – have always loved catfish – this was crusty, crispy on the outside and tender/moist inside. It was worth a night of ‘cheating’ – slaw and French fries (hush puppies too) made it “right.” Perhaps after years of not eating it, my system can handle it again—at least in small amounts!

Seafood Platter

Husband enjoyed – flounder, perch and catfish – fries/slaw/hushpuppies. “All good”.

April 24, 2010

Come hungry or stay home.

This place serves the largest portions of fried shrimp I've ever seen. I could eat here every day but my doctor would have a cow.

September 25, 2009

Captain Steve's Seafood is GREAT!!

We just had the best dinner at a fish camp ever!! Our server Jackie was so wonderful, the food was hot and there was TONS of it. I actually brought 3/4 of my meal (The fishermans platter) home because there was way too much to finish in 1…

Captain Steve's is located near the cities of Clayton Park.
People found this by searching for: Captain Steve's Harrisburg Nc Menu, Captain Steve's Charlotte Nc, Captain Steve's Harrisburg Nc, Cap'n Steve's Harrisburg Nc, Captain Steve's Harrisburg, Captain Steves Monroe Rd Menu, Captain Steves Charlotte Nc, and Captain Steves In Charlotte Nc.

Featured in Charlotte

Nearby Restaurants

Ted's Restaurant

American in East Forest

Link to Captain Steve's

Captain Steve's  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  87%  Food:  85%  Service:  100%  Ambiance:  100%
Pros
  •  "The only problem I have is that I can't see menu online to order"
Cons
  •  "Undercooked fish with scales. Salty Greek style shrimp, reheated French fries. Very horrible food in general. "
  •  "All good"
Comments
  •  "No"