732-892-4121

1001 Arnold Ave ( )

Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

Description: Capt'n Ed's Place is a Seafood, Steak, and Italian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Seafood, Steak, Beach, Italian, and Good for groups
  • 6 dishes entered by diners at Capt'n Ed's Place

Reviews for Capt'n Ed's Place

4.0

BYOB and Yummmmmy!

While I wouldn’t say this is the “BEST” seafood I’ve had. I have to admit that my boyfriend and I had a great dining experience at Captain Ed’s. We only wish we would have known that Captain Ed’s was a BYOB place, we would have brought our favorite wine along. Neither of us tried cooking our own dinners on the hot stone, but we still enjoyed our meal. The appetizers were especially wonderful…we recommend the Clams and Mussels and the Buffalo Scallops. All were wonderful. The staff was accomodating as well, when my boyfriend indicated the his linguine w/ white clam sauce wasn’t up to par and could they perhaps use the same sauce for the linguine as they used for the steamed mussels/clams appetizers the kitchen staff was more than happy to oblige! You’ll sure get your fill of food at Captain Ed’s so be sure your are HUNGRY when you arrive!

3.0

Good food

Food and staff was good

Blackened Red Snapper

Ok

lov...lov...lov it

So cute and cozy and the food was awsome!!!

4.0

Friendly People & BYO

Just went there and the food was pretty good. It was a Tuesday night, off season, so the place was fairly empty. I ordered the hot stone appitizer, where they bring out your food raw with an extremely hot flat stone and you cook your food yourself. With a little guidance from our helpful and friendly waitress, I was on my way and loving the fact that I could cook my steak bites exactly how I wanted it! Fun as an appitizer, but might be a bit daunting if I chose to do this for a main course. Luckily, the chef will cook your meal as well.
Be warned, that in the summer this quaint little place (about 15 or so tables) gets so packed that in is common for there to be a 2 hour wait! But since the food is so good, it is worth the wait… just bring a few beers for the wait!

Blackened Red Snapper

perfectly cooked and spiced. not salty like most blackened spices. a very fresh piece of fish served with lemon and a side of their tasty roulade, but you won’t need it.

POOR QUALITY, NOT FRESH

FRIED CALAMARI WAS LIMP & DAMP, NOT CRISP
STEAK WAS POOR QUALITY, SAUCES DID NOT COMPLEMENT ONE ANOTHER, BEARNAISE TASTED LIKE IT WAS POWDERED INSTANT. CRABMEAT WAS NOT FRESH, VERY FISHY. TERRIBLE CHOICE FOR A RESTAURANT. NOISY.
DEFINITELY NOT WORTH A VISIT!!!

STEAK OSCAR

POOR, NOT FRESH, CRABMEAT FISHY AND TASTED OLD. GOT SICK THAT NIGHT!

Add/Show Comments (2)

Capt'n Ed's Place is located near the cities of Pt Pleasant, Point Pleasant Boro, Bay Head, Point Pleasant Beach, and Pt Pleasant Beach.
People found this by searching for: Captain Ed Point Pleasant, Captain Ed's Point Pleasant, Captain Ed's Point Pleasant Nj, Captain Eds Point Pleasant, Captain Ed's Point Pleasant Nj Menu, Captain Eds, Captain Ed's Restaurant, and Capt Ed's Point Pleasant Nj.

Woodchucks BBQ
Forte Unique Cuisines
709 Restaurant
Prime 13

Link to Capt'n Ed's Place

Capt'n Ed's Place  Restaurant Reviews

Overall:  72%  Food:  66%  Service:  66%  Ambiance:  66%
Pros
  •  "Grouper Piccata was delicious"
  •  "unique concept of cooking your iwn food on a stone"
  •  "Food"
  •  "fish tank"
Cons
  •  "Unfriendly waitress, Super slow service, one server for the entire restaurant. Didn't get our side dishes. Waited 25 minutes before we even were able to place our drink order of water. My husband's steak should've been medium rare but instead "
  •  "very dirty."