Oct 1 - Nov 6, 2014 38 restaurants with special menus during Dine Out Lauderdale!

Carinis

2.5 rating over 1 review

954-457-4444

814 N Federal Hwy ( )

Hallandale Beach, FL 33009-2411

Neighborhoods: Hallandale Beach

Description: Carinis is a Lunch, Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.
Tags: Wanna be Italian, Lunch, Delivery, Breakfast, Parking, Catering, Dinner, European, Cafe, and Pasta
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Carinis

Reviews for Carinis

• 1 review
  • First reviewed by MsGM
Carinis

Total Waste...

1st thing when I entered, the obvious, a simple greeting… and where we wanted to sit, a “broom” reclining against the table… the very 1st one! Hello, that’s the only entrance since they locked the other door, clients can trip!! No BRUSCHETTA?One of, if not the only best appetizer in the menu!! Idk why they took it off. I had gone about a 1 1/2 yrs ago with my hubby, he did not like it the 1st time, but I was craving this appetizer, so he delighted me with taking me, mind you I’m from the Boca area.
The server was nice, but not so knowledgable with the menu and was not writing down our order and cam a few times to re-ask what we ordered…
My hubby’s caesar salad was soggy and room temp. and had a shade of dark green.., like as in getting “old green”. The blonde cashier just kept messing around with the male employees since we arrived! One in particular, a latin guy who seemed not to pay her too much mind, but she insisted and she was pretty loud about it, like she wanted to be noticed… She kept sitting across our table eating salad and just texting when she had no food in front or wasn’t on constant personal calls by the register, so unprofessional, who wants to eat with the employees of a restaurant when your going as a consumer? Go sit at the back where the other kitchen employee was eating… Gee!!
High recommendation my foot!! For the exception of their specialty, the pizza, they should really stick to that only… Got sick, barely made it to throw ip in my bathroom at home, and I’m glad that was the end of it, or they’d be seeing my bill…Thanks a lot Carini’s for making my day out with my husband a poopy experience, we haven’t gone in a while due to financial situations and on top of driving from Boca just to eat here.., and to have you charge me for service/food I didn’t properly receive? I was better off cooking at home.

Mussels Fra Diavolo - 13.95

Pd. $14. for Mussel fra diavolo w/penne. It had a good portion of pasta and the sauce was great tasting but was oozing with to much oil…, 5 mussels was all that the dish had and “A LOT” a garlic!Too much that this would repel team Edward for wks!It should of been called Garlic fra Diavolo with pasta and a hint of mussel.The manager was like that’s how we’ve been doing it for 8yrs since we opened. Well, if u r a chef or cook, u know better that a steamed mussel should come out “open” and the meaty part “split” to show how fresh this mollusk is. 3 of mine were bad… 1 was completely shut, which I returned, another was like “old” it was tore up per say, like when a paper has been too long in the water, like that.., the server brought me the other mussel for the 1 I returned and it was just steamed w/o flavor of the fra diovlo! Ugh, don’t u know it’s gonna taste like sand and mollusk poop? I made mention to her about that, but I still kept it and covered it the oily sauce to marinate while Ate the rest of my pasta. At that point I was eating the rest of the mussels, the paper one.., which btw, was already detached from the shell, which is a BIG NO,NO, SIGN!! UGH!! That was gross!! Tasted like old mussel that was sitting in their water container for wks!! Spit that in my napkin… then after about 15min I tried the plain one I had sautéed…, ever grosser, I even gagged on this one, and I know one of the employers saw me, I tried to chug it with a gulp of beer and it was unbearable.., I had to place it in another napkin. GROSS, like disgusting flavor!! I told the server and all she said was sorry, no like, “let me get the manager for you, please”. Was so tempted to take a pick of the dish and the mussels and all the garlic I had to take out, but my husband asked me not too…