Call 1802 E 7th Ave
Tampa, FL 33605
Neighborhoods: Historic Ybor

Cuisine: Soups, Fusion, Eclectic

Carmine's is a Soups, Fusion, and Eclectic restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Chicken parm!"
"Fun atmosphere. Good food"
"Nothing good to day about this place"
Cons
"Unorganized, under informed service"
Comments
"Worth going, for sure. "
Derrick photo

Derrick

Palm Harbor, FL
Carmine's 1.0

NOT PLEASED AT ALL

I AND MY FAMILY LOVE DINNING AT DIFFERENT RESTRUSRANTS. USUALLY EVEN IF WE HAVE A BAD EXPERINENCE AND THE FOOD IS O.K WE’LL TRY THE RESTRAUANT AGAIN. SAYING THIS I’VE READ THE OTHER REVIEWS OF THIS PLACE AND I AM A BIT CONFUSED ABOUT WHY PEOPLE ARE SAYING THIS PLACE IS WONDERFUL. I ORDERED THE CUBAN SANDWICH AND IT (NO LIE) TASTE LIKE SOMTHING YOU WOULD BUY OUT OF A CONVIENT STORE AND THEN PLACE IN A MICROWAVE. IF YOU HAVE EVER HAD A HALF WAY DECENT CUBAN SANDWICH YOU WILL BE VERY DISAPOINTED. MY WIFE ORDERED THE PORK AND THIS IS NORMALLY HER FAVORIVATE DISH BUT WHEN SHE TOOK TWO BITES OR SO AND THEN HAD A LOOK ON HER FACE AS IF SHE WANTED TO VOMIT, IT WAS BAD. TO MAKE EVERYTHING WORSE WE HAD TO HAVE HAD EITHER A NEW WAITREES OR THE WORST ONE THAT THEY HAD. WE CAME INTO THE RESTRUARANT WAS SAT DOWN AND THEN WAITED SO LONG TO HAVE OUR DRINKS ORDERED THAT I HAD TO GO TO HOSTESS AND REQUEST DRINKS TO BE ORDERED (SERIOUSLY). CAME AT NIGHT WHEN THE AC UNIT WAS BROKEN AND IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IN FLORIDA WHEN IT’S HOT THEN YOU KNOW HOW IT WAS. SO BASICALLY WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT PLACES TO EAT IN THE HISTORIC DISTRIC TRY YOU’RE LUCK WITH ANOTHER SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME. AT A BETTER NOTE THE DRINKS WERE O.K.

CUBAN SANDWICH

BAD

Nommienom photo

Nommienom

Tampa, FL
Carmine's 5.0

Finally went- It was FANTASTIC

Being a longtime fan of Ybor City, i FINALLY dined at Carmines. FANTASTIC! Apparently Carmines is a cuban/italian fusion. I was with a group of ladies on a long business lunch and the server was great. Very friendly, efficient and helpful with suggestions considering I had never been. We ordered several things off of the lunch menu and shared. EVERYTHING was delicious! From the fried green tomatoes, the killer homemade soups (chicken noodle & spanish bean) an incredible blackened grouper sandwich, and of course a cuban and a big fat deviled crab. The menu looked great so it was really hard to choose our variety.

They are doing what looks like a really modern makeover in the ambiance department, very cool and chic look to the place and they can cater to large parties. One trip and we are sold on our next corp event.

Next time I think I’ll purchase a cigar, order mojito and get crazy on the dinner menu.

FRESH GULF GROUPER

Blackened grouper sandwich was AWESOME. Excellent blackening seasoning, bun toasted to perfection, homemade kick ass tartar sauce, YUM.

EJs photo

EJs

Brooklyn, NY
Carmine's 1.0

Overpriced TV Dinner

Don’t go there expecting the Carmine’s of New York. I ordered the lasagna and it was, I kid you not, frozen solid in the center. So, basically, you are getting a TV dinner at restaurant prices, and they don’t even know how to defrost things (a skill most of us mastered in college). Of course, we ordered a replacement that took about half an hour and it was burnt on the outside.
Disgusting, basically. We’ll never go back.

Ybor City Dinner Parking
Tips
  • The front lot charges a small fee, so try to park on the street or bring change and go for the rear lot full of meters.

From OpenTable:

Carmine"s is located in the heart of Ybor City - Tampa's Latin Quarter. Carmine's specializes in dishes from Spain, Cuba and Italy. Enjoy dining on Seventh Avenue which is recognized as one of the "10 Great Streets in America" by the American Planning Association. Ybor City today is one of only two national historic landmark districts in Florida. Lunchtime diners can expect anything from a pressed Tampa Cuban sandwich served with yellow rice and black beans, Cuban marinated Quarter Baked Chicken or our Cuban Roast Pork, oven roasted in a mojo marinade. For dinner Carmine's prides itself on fresh Oysters, fresh fileted Gulf Grouper, Angus Beef, Italian Sausage, Pasta and Homemade Sauces. We invite you to step into Carmine's Seventh Avenue and enjoy an eclectic blend of the best that Ybor City has to offer. Only at Carmine's!

Owner? Claim The Menu

Carmine's  Restaurant Reviews

Carmine's is located near the cities of University Of Tampa, Ybor City, and Palma Ceia.
People found this by searching for: Carmine'S Restaurant Ybor City, Carmine's Restaurant Ybor City Florida, Carmines Ybor City, Carmine Ybor City, Carmines Tampa, Carmines Ybor, Carmines Tampa Menu, Carmines Ybor Menu, and Carmines Ybor City Menu.