Caroline's Restaurant

1.0 rating over 1 review

563-556-4200

200 Main Street ( )

Dubuque, IA 52001

Description: Caroline's Restaurant is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.
Tags: American, Good For Kids, and Good for groups
  • 1 dish entered by diners at Caroline's Restaurant

Reviews for Caroline's Restaurant

Caroline's Restaurant

Not worth time or money

My Partner and i decided to book reservations at this establishment for Valentines day, We thought since it was a special occasion spending the extra money was a fine idea to have an enjoyable fancy meal. We were Soooo wrong. When we arrived after having reservations for almost 3wks in advance, we were sent to the only Table ( not booth ) right next to a cold window. We started with a drink order, and appetizer and some soup. The soup was “Ok” not worth the Dollar amount and the Appetizer was “fairly good” tasty, But was way over priced for the portion size. I being a seafood fan had ordered the salmon and My Partner being a steak fan ordered the Steak, The Salmon was a tiny overcooked over priced piece of Fish. The steak which was suppose to be cooked med-rare with sauteed mushrooms and sauce on the side came to the table in the form of a " Pot Roast " laying in a puddle of sauce. The flavor was horrible and the " Steak " was way overcooked. The meal was inedible. To top it all off the Manager was making rounds to all the tables checking with customers and at 2 of the tables beside us i heard both tables complain that something wasn’t right, The manager also failed to stop at our table after making eye contact from a distance and i do believe it was due to the fact that my partner and myself are heavily tattooed. even though we were dressed more than perfect for this occasion. It was a horrible experience and way over priced. We would have had a better time going to our favorite Mexican restaurant " Los aztecas " located on Dodge street in Dubuque. Never a disappointing meal.

Salmon