Carrillo's Tortilleria

Neighborhoods: San Fernando
Cuisine: Mexican, Breakfast, Catering

Carrillo's Tortilleria is a Mexican, Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.

justin photo

Tasty tamales and fresh tortillas

I’ve never been to a Tortilleria, but after my experience here I could definitely get used to burritos made with fresh tortillas. It may not look like much from the outside and it’s not even located in one of the many nearby strip malls, but Carrillo’s is a must try. You can either sit down for some tamales, enchiladas or one of the breakfast dishes (served all day) or order fresh tortillas and tamales to go.

Being a huge fan of breakfast burritos I had to give that a try and since tamales seemed like specialty I had one of those too. The first thing that stood out to me was the taste of the fresh tortilla. Softer and doughier than usual, but not chewy. Quite a pleasant texture. The tamale also stood out because of the tasty corn dough. It doesn’t even need a filling to be good.

Next time I’m in the area, I’m going to have to pick up a dozen tamales to go.

As a bonus for all the gringos, they speak more english than many of the surrounding joints.

All egg and chorizo - Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo at Carrillo's Tortilleria

Breakfast Burrito with Chorizo

Outside of the tasty tortialla, the breakfast burrito was just ok for me. The only ingredients were egg and chorizo (not that I’m complaining), but the taste was a bit bland and 1-dimensional. A little dry too.

Chicken Tamale at Carrillo's Tortilleria

Chicken Tamale

Fresh, moist and tasty. I thought the corn dough was actually the best part, but the chicken inside was also moist and tender. Next time I’m just going to order a bunch of tamales.

Mexican Breakfast Parking
Mon-Sat 06:00AM - 06:00PM

Carrillo's Tortilleria  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/02/2013 - A diner from Sylmar, CA tried it and didn't like it.
  • 03/15/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.
Carrillo's Tortilleria is located near the cities of Richmond Hill, San Fernando Valley, Pacoima, Lake View Terraces, and Sylmar.
People found this by searching for: Carillos San Fernando, Breakfast Burrito San Fernando Valley, Carrillo's In San Fernando Valley Ca, Tortillerias San Fernando Valley, Carrillos San Fernando Valley, Carrillos San Fernando, Best Tamales In San Fernando Valley, and Carrillos Restaurant San Fernando.