Casbah

229 S Highland Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15206-3912

Neighborhoods: Shadyside
Cuisine: Mediterranean, Italian, Eclectic

Casbah is a Mediterranean, Italian, and Eclectic restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

condimentqueen photo

condimentqueen

Amazing Brunch

What a pleasant surprise Casbah was. From the street you would not think this establishment wasn’t as classy as it is inside. Tastefully decorated with great art work you enter to a covered patio area that is fully heated and bodes white linens. I will most certainly be returning for one of the best brunches I have had in years. I would also like to try Casbah for dinner sometime. The brunch includes a beverage, appetizer and entre for $22.00. What a deal this was!

smoked salmon with truffled potatoe cake

The Potato cake was the best. Crisp and crunchy on the outside moist and flavorful inside. This sat on top of a dinner size plate of smoke salmon thinly sliced and topped with chopped egg. red onion, capers and decorated with an aioli sauce. A meal in itself this was the appetizer leading to my brunch entre. It is big enough to share but take the time and enjoy it all by yourself.

Braised Lamb and eggs

What a nice twist to eggs Benedict. Served on grilled sour dough toast are sautéed spinach topped with perfectly cooked poached eggs. To add to it all was a braised lamb shank with an amazing sauce to replace the hollandaise sauce generally found on a Benedict type dish. If you like lamb you are going to love this breakfast entre. I can’t wait to return and take some friends and family with me to share one of the best brunch experiences Pittsburgh has to offer.

kmb246 photo

kmb246

Beautiful, Bountiful Brunch

I would give the brunch at Casbah 6 stars if I could. It was deliciously wonderful from start to finish.

Service: One word – excellent. Our waiter was attentive and when the food arrived it was delivered by a host of servers so that we were all served at once. Something done only in the finest of restaurants and certainly not expected at a $22 brunch. The glasses and bread baskets were attended to in a timely fashion and every menu question was answered in complete detail.

Food: Excellence redefined. This was by far one of the best brunches in Pittsburgh. The creamy tomato soup appetizer was plentiful and delicious and my eggs benedict were perfectly cooked with an enjoyable and light hollandaise sauce. It was served with fruit and breakfast potatoes. The assortment of rolls and muffins were wonderful and the accompanying honey butter seemed to have some citrus accents that complimented it nicely.

Price: Brunch is $22 a person and includes a drink (virgin or bellini, mimosa or bloddy mary) an appetizer (all full-sized and varied, including arugula salad, fruit and cheese, smoked salmon, soup, etc.) and an entree (again varied and including traditional breakfast fare, pasta, steak, lamb, etc.).

Overall wonderful experience that I would highly recommend.

lilith_fury photo

lilith_fury

Delicious

Great restaurant. Everyone is really friendly and the food is fantastic. Best of all the menu is diverse enough that even kids can enjoy it.

Falafel

The BEST felafel ever! The pita was fluffy and flavorful, and the hummus was fresh and addictive.

momar930 photo

momar930

Casbah 5.0

Great Pittsburgh Brunch Spot!

On a recent Sunday, I visited Casbah with friends for Sunday Brunch. This was my first visit, and I wasn’t sure what to expect—but the menu on line sounded wonderful. And, I can say that my expectations were exceeded! The service was simply outstanding…again, really not something that I expected: this was truly a “fine dining” experience. Every bite of food was wonderful, and I truly could not have asked for anything more. At $22 per person, the amount of food you receive is incredible, along with a cocktail to start off. Really a nice afternoon that will always hold nice memories!

XPiperBlue photo

XPiperBlue

Casbah 4.0

Excellent brunch

I visited on a beautiful autumn Sunday and enjoyed sitting in the sunny, warm patio. The brunch menu features a wide variety of breakfast and lunch entrees, allowing you to choose a drink, appetizer, and entree for one price. There were so many options it took me a lot longer than usual to decide what to try. Some dishes were quite inventive (sea scallop fry with fennel sausage, butternut squash, grits), while others were slight variations on classic themes (French toast with honey glazed apples). Just after the drinks were served a bread basket arrived, full of tasty little muffins and biscuits. For an appetizer I chose the smoked salmon with a truffled potato cake. The thin slice of salmon was larger than I expected. The dish featured balanced flavors and a wonderful texture contrast between the soft salmon and the perfectly crunchy potato cake. Next I had the braised lamb and eggs. It was well-presented, with grilled slices of sourdough anchoring bits of lamb, spinach, and poached eggs. I would have liked larger pieces of the lamb, which had a well-seasoned flavor that was complimented by the spinach. Poached eggs softened the crunchy sourdough in a pleasant way, and each ingredient seemed to contribute well to the whole without overpowering. I was appreciative that the waiters dilligently refilled my water… my Scottish-themed choices were a bit salty. After all that food dessert was not an option for me, but it is available for those who desire it. Next time I may try the cheese and fruit tray appetizer and the jumbo crab omelet. This brunch is reasonably priced, and a kids brunch is available.

mj123 photo

mj123

Canonsburg, PA

Great Brunch!

I enjoyed a wonderful brunch at Casbah with a group of friends.
The waiter was very courteous, allowing us to relax and enjoy our Sunday brunch at a leisurely pace.

omelette with lump crab meat

I had a delicious omelette stuffed with lump crab meat. The omelette was light and cooked to perfection. It was served with a side of fresh fruit and a side of potatoes. Of course, the Bellini was delicious.
I recommend this delicious omelette.

Mediterranean Italian Eclectic

From OpenTable:

Exploring & expanding upon the cuisines of the Mediterranean region, Casbah is one of Pittsburgh's premier dining destinations. The menu changes daily, offering imaginative new tastes & textures using the season's finest ingredients. Menu selections include a variety of meat, seafood, vegetarian entrees, & house-made desserts. The richly appointed lounge boasts a wine list recognized by Wine Spectator with an Award of Excellence, showcasing over 40 wines by the glass & a creative array of wine flights.
Casbah promises an exciting, sophisticated gourmet dining experience in an intimate, comfortable atmosphere. On the first floor, the year-round heated patio & Southern European-inspired dining room offer elegant seating in an open, warm space. For more seductive & intimate dining, the renovated lower level, with a glass-enclosed wine room, stone-covered walls & innovative lighting provides the coziest of retreats.

Owner? Claim The Menu

Casbah  Restaurant Reviews

• 04/16/2013 - A diner tried it and liked it.
  • 04/19/2015 - A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.
Sonoma Grille

California in Central Business District

Casbah

Mediterranean in Shadyside

Grand Concourse

Steak in South Shore

Braddock's American Brasserie

American in Central Business District

Casbah is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Casbah Shadyside, Pittsburgh Restaurants With Hollandaise Sauce, Casbah Restaurant Pittsburgh, Casbah Shadyside Pa, Casbah Pittsburgh Restaurant, Casbah Resturant Shadyside, Pa, Casbar Shadysidepittsburgh, and Casbah Pittsburgh.